Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone here practiced this? If so, how do you think it related to your faith or lack thereof?
There have been times throughout my life where I have done this. The majority of the times it's been when God has given me a gigantic revelation of Himself and I've wanted to see if it was actually Him and not my flesh/imagination. I call them spiritual combinations. And their akin to God answering multiple questions that He would only know.

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you do this? Why don’t you pray for the gift of discernment and work with someone who has it?
I do have that gift. I suppose it's not as fully developed in maturity yet as it needs to be yet. But you bring up a good point of walking along somebody who's walking in gifts that I may not have. I'm going to chew on that.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked how do you do this..Well, it's based on Judges 6 where Gideon asked God for a sign to make sure it was really God's voice he was hearing to attack another army. Personally, I think God wants us to cultivate a heart to hear His voice. So doing this all the time would probably be a sign of weak faith. But I think it's okay from time to time as long as we don't depend on it regularly.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can develop it through lectio divina. Though it also depends which senses you experience the spirit through and you will encounter both. You need to be very conversant in the word to know who’s talking.

I have never used the method you’ve mentioned. But I can feel a spiritual presence in every sense save the visual but I know where they are. I just won’t see them.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can develop it through lectio divina. Though it also depends which senses you experience the spirit through and you will encounter both. You need to be very conversant in the word to know who’s talking.

I have never used the method you’ve mentioned. But I can feel a spiritual presence in every sense save the visual but I know where they are. I just won’t see them.
Lectio divina. I had to look up the meaning of that. And yes, that's powerful. I first got familiar with that method thru IHOP and then one of my mentors.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you’re familiar with lectio why would you need a different method? You will make mistakes. That’s part of the process. Sometimes both talk at once or the evil one pretends to be Him. At times he’s belligerent and others much nicer. Your spirit must discern. Not the head.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you’re familiar with lectio why would you need a different method? You will make mistakes. That’s part of the process. Sometimes both talk at once or the evil one pretends to be Him. At times he’s belligerent and others much nicer. Your spirit must discern. Not the head.
I guess it's because I saw something in the Word that I wanted to experience and I delved in. (Those times came before I started engaging in lectio.) There's nothing wrong with that. One just came before the other. Some things are just very clear their from the enemy though. Admittedly however, I don't pay attention to evil as much as I probably should. There's a phrase that says, "one way you can pick out the counterfeit is to immerse or study yourself in the real thing." I've kept my eyes on God. It's been Him that has sorta nudged me into studying the other side. On my own, I would care less.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have two angels that walk with me. When I drive they fly on the outside of my vehicle and sometimes one stays inside the automobile. I don't normally commune with them, but I have had time to know their names. One is named Frank. The other is called Gabriel (different than the one in the Bible). They never leave me. So the notion of spending time somewhere doing what you mentioned (though not foreign; is impractical to me. I wouldn't be opposed to it. But the premise implies that I'd need to sit somewhere and have demons talk to me. That's not my call. I was invited to bring Heaven to earth and I owe the world an encounter with God.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can’t operate in the gift without understanding it. I didn’t do lectio for a while and the Holy Spirit taught me. I didn’t realize what it was until I went to the monastery.

I waited for daily instructions during my quiet time and addressed the matters He wanted me to lift up. That’s when I did it most. Otherwise, we converse like two people would but I speak aloud.

You can look on the spiritual gifts forum. There are a few people who say they have the gift on that board. The measure and operation are usually related to your purpose. I don’t simply know the spirit is evil, I know what I’m dealing with.

I used to comment on posts where the OP has a spiritual malady and has sought help or is wrestling with strongholds. I don’t do it anymore. Deliverance isn’t my calling and it brings more warfare than I should be dealing with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
None of this makes sense. You say you have two angels walking with you. How do you know their names and how do you know they’re what you believe? And if you’re able to correctly discern the above why would you need the fleece? Did you use it to verify that as well?

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That isn’t what I’m referring to at all. You have spirits around you all the time. Your comment doesn’t make sense for someone who sees angels.
I don't "see" angels. Maybe like you, I just know they're there. Either way, deliverance isn't my main calling either. But I've studied it. And if need be I will operate in it if the situation arises. Casting fleeces. That's what this thread is about. I should reiterate that before the topic completely is derailed. PMs from this forth should be encouraged if the current subject is desired to be discussed further. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of this makes sense. You say you have two angels walking with you. How do you know their names and how do you know they’re what you believe? And if you’re able to correctly discern the above why would you need the fleece? Did you use it to verify that as well?
No, I didn't use a fleece to verify the angels. That information came from just abiding with God and that communion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well there is supposedly one angel from the heaven of heavens and one angel from heaven which is always with us, perhaps specifically to watch over us. Then there is the innumerable spirits that we are around in some other kind of way in which even those Spirits may not know that they are around us but however have a good or evil influence on us and we might even influence them. But the spiritual world is dynamic and of course we can be aware of each other.

So it seems that sometimes we are aware of each other's presence and other times we are not. Apparently everything is very interconnected. All the world in general has a kind of Correspondence to other worlds.

Of course our Bible is a very special tool and game we have played for a while now and it is a very rich blessing that Christianity has in that regard.

But our spirits are where they are at depending on the state that we are in. It's a very Dynamic world. Distance and location is state of being in that world. And over one thing there might be a hierarchical rank of various Spirits all clustered around that thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You asked how do you do this..Well, it's based on Judges 6 where Gideon asked God for a sign to make sure it was really God's voice he was hearing to attack another army.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. A LOT of Christians I know were led to evil when they did this.

I caution that malicious spirits can be very cunning. They can make themselves appear like angels and even say the name of "Jesus" without any problem.

(So apparently, in exorcisms where they seem afraid of the name Jesus, they maybe only acting, pretending to be afraid). Mindblowing info eh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well there is supposedly one angel from the heaven of heavens and one angel from heaven which is always with us, perhaps specifically to watch over us.

It's hard for me to "toy" with this idea because around half of spirits I encounter are evil. Some are even so cunning enough to pass off as an angel and can even say the name of Jesus.

A few times, I felt this particular spirit that seem to follow me around (same spirit) manifest physically.

It only manifests at night. And seems to only manifest as a huge flapping, flying thing. I don't think it's an angel, when it roars, it sounded like a giant bird of prey.

Large trees would sway back and forth when this is hovering above and often set off car alarms and dogs went crazy.

It seems like a bad omen to me whenever it manifests, always something really bad is about to happen.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hard for me to "toy" with this idea because around half of spirits I encounter are evil. Some are even so cunning enough to pass off as an angel and can even say the name of Jesus.

A few times, I felt this particular spirit that seem to follow me around (same spirit) manifest physically.

It only manifests at night. And seems to only manifest as a huge flapping, flying thing. I don't think it's an angel, when it roars, it sounded like a giant bird of prey.

Large trees would sway back and forth when this is hovering above and often set off car alarms and dogs went crazy.

It seems like a bad omen to me whenever it manifests, always something really bad is about to happen.
Sounds pretty cool and perplexing. The prophet Ezekiel and Etc. Saw some strange things too.

Sometimes angels or visions are a combination of various spirits. They could even represent a nation, a particular Church, ect.

Upvote 0