• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Casti Connubii, Encyclical of Pope Pius XI on Christian Marriage.

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by ProCommunioneFacior, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProCommunioneFacior

ProCommunioneFacior I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)

+542
    Catholic
    Married
    The study group that my wife and I are members of just finished Casti Connubii. I was wondering if you any of you have read it? And if so what did you think about it?

Frankly I think what the Pope has to say is prophetic and needs to be read by as many Catholics as possible. We have sadly lost the christian concept of marriage in many ways, and I think it will challenge everybody here to reassess their thoughts on marriage, it had that result on me!:thumbsup:

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/p...s/hf_p-xi_enc_31121930_casti-connubii_en.html

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    When it comes to the marriage thing, i need to read anything i can get to communicate to hubby.

Altho my favorite thing i took with me from the classes was the quick prayer when you are not getting along..
    'Jesus, be between us.'

Works.

3. panterapat

panterapat Praise God in all things!

+36
    Catholic
    I have not read Casti Connubii, it sounds interesting. If you would like another awesome comentary on marriage and sexuality, read Theology of the Body written by Pope JPII before he was pope.

4. ProCommunioneFacior

ProCommunioneFacior I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)

+542
    Catholic
    Married
    Yep read the book, taught the class, lol!

5. JoabAnias

JoabAnias Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15 Supporter

+3,138
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I will read it. Thanks!

6. panterapat

panterapat Praise God in all things!

+36
    Catholic
    Yep read the book, taught the class, lol! QUOTE FROM ProCommunioneFacior

Wow! I'm really ga ga over TOTB. Everything in our beings fits together so well. A holy person is whole in body and soul. Sorry about the change of topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.