Indianpolis
✟14,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You know cartoons today are lacking something..there darker and edgier. I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's I remember Thundercats, He-Man, Transformers, and TMNT. It was simpler...you had the good guys and the bad guys. The good guys always won and they normally had a message put in..be honest, preserver, help others I kind of miss that. Now all shows cartoons and tv shows and movies..the good guys do not always win and even when they do they suffer losses. All in the context of being more realistic. I did not watch cartoons for realism. I watched them cause it was fun watching my favorite heroes kick the bad guys but. There are very cartoons or tv shows or movies for that matter that do that anymore.

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For me, my favorite cartoon show of all time, even to this day, is Batman the Animated Series (1992-1995) and the Superman Animated Series (1996-2000) made by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. I loved the art style and the presentation was very cinematic. It took a lot of inspiration from the Tim Burton live action Batman films but over half of the episodes focus less on supernatural villains and instead focus on a more detective pulp fiction style, where Batman is trying to uncover a mystery or solve a crime caused by gangsters or shady lawyers. The Superman companion series was amazing as well. "The Last Son of Krypton" is the Superman origin story we all know but going very home base with it. And the Superman of this series is pure boyscout without being dull. I feel like modern interpretations of Superman have this need to define him as so good that he isn't interesting, or they try to make him flawed to the point that he's Batman. The 90's animated series had a great middle ground. He was clever, he had a sense of humor, and a moral fiber that made him someone to root for. I always liked Batman better growing up but Superman was the guy you wanted to be.

I was not a fan of Bruce Timm's latest productions, Batman: The Killing Joke (2016) and Batman and Harley Quinn (2017). It was pure gratuitous fan fiction what he did with some of the characters. I get that they're supposed to be more adult movies but as someone who grew up with the tv shows, I was very disgusted with what he ended up doing to the properties.

Upvote 0

RJ Howard

Growing with God
Sep 5, 2021
Saint Paul
Visit site
✟36,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Danger Mouse!

I used to watch "Danger Mouse" all the time as a little kid. I saw it again on Netflix a few years back.

As for me: Growing up I enjoyed "Muppet Babies," "Garfield and Friends," "Tiny Toon Adventures," "Animaniacs," "Gummi Bears," "Ducktales."

Upvote 0