Status
Not open for further replies.

glo

Jan 5, 2004
✟9,345.00
Faith
Protestant
JuLikeNz_555 said:
yeah, i like so many of u guys, take mine too!! i was readin it in a music free period last week and one girls who i have witnessed to many times asked me about it. i showed her and she started leafing through it, saying it didnt look like a bible, coz its one of them teen ones, full of notes and highligting i madfe myself... she said it looked nothing like a bible!!! keep up the good work dudes!!

that's the same response i've gotten from non-believers. keep it up! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

flywithchrist06

Veteran
Nov 6, 2004
Texas
✟16,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blazin4Christ said:
and do you know if you are 100% sure your going to HEaven?
someone asked me and a few friends that at a store a while back...she caught me off gaurd, but it really got me thinkin, my friends immidiatly said yes but it took me a sec and i then said yes...but sometimes i really wonder. When i didn't answer at once and had to think about it..i thought the lady was gonna start cryin...she just told us she wanted us to know how much God loved us and a whole bunch of stuff...I'll never forget that lady, she was really cool.

anyways...i carry my bible with me everywhere too...at school its really hard..I read whenever i get a chance but people look at me weird and ask questions, i've gotten a few of those people to start goin to my bible study and occasionally church..its awesome..there is down sides to it too, people act like its offensive to em, I don't mean it too be but its somethin i want to do..and somedays need to do.

Upvote 0

indonesianpalmtree

JC's sentinel
Mar 17, 2004
Western Cape
✟568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Over here we still have Bible study during assembly and before the days starts in register class, but the state is trying to bring in "religious freedom" to prevent "contamination". I'm glad I'm not around for that to happen.

It shouldn't be a case of prohibiting it, but leaving it to the teenagers in school who (here comes a shocker) can choose for themselves. What the state should provide is requested guidance, not mental mainstreaming and popular secular opinion.

Man!

God bless

Upvote 0

RainDrop864

Nov 23, 2004
✟615.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Wow, all of you that do that too are awesome. I take my bible with me to school..many times ive gotten made fun of for it... the worst are other "christians", its really sad while unbelievers barely care. But I love the seeds that are planted. Cuzz now I'm known as a "Jesus freak".. (i see that as a compliment.. God is good.)

Upvote 0

JaneKaty13

May 6, 2004
✟7,919.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have a Pocket Bible that I carry everywhere with me, but I try not to make it conspicuous. I read it during lunch sometimes, but usually I eat alone anyway. I don't want people approaching me about it. Heck, I don't want people approaching me at school AT ALL. I'm very shy in real life and I never know what to say when people come up to me. I already have a rep for being the "Christian Virgin Goody-Goody Jesus Freak" because for history class we had to debate abortion in front of the school, and I spoke on behalf of pro-life. I prepared a very thourough presentation, but the minute I quoted Exodus, I was booed off the stage. These popular girls came up to me afterwards and told me to keep my rosaries off of their ovaries. I'm thinking, "Have fun being a harlot and a murderer too!" Gosh they bother me! People have been periodically bugging me about it ever since. I just tell them "I respect your beliefs, please respect mine."

Upvote 0

Everglaze

Atheist Council Representative
Aug 30, 2004
✟16,632.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Future Preacher said:
Okay, so I start carrying my Bible around school with me. Of course people are gonna notice. "Is that a Bible"
"yep"
"Why are you carrying your Bible around wth you?"
"So I can read it and because I need it to get through my day." ;)
"Oh, okay, whatever."
Then comes the wierd stare. This one guy wouldn't stop blaspheming God. He kept saying there was no God and stuff that is way to bad to put on this thread. I pray for him every day, but i doubt he'll ever come around.
Anyways, I'm the only one I've seen at my school who carries my Bible around with me and I think thats pretty messed up. You think Christian teens would actually care more about their testimony then their reputation! But o well. I'm just glad to be setting a good testimony and I hope I can win some people to Christ!
Really, the Bible is all that is needed for preaching haha. If the individual would just read the Bible!!!! I know the feeling of how so many people love to bash God and prejudge the Bible as nothing but fiction and myth, etc.

It's cool that you bring your Bible to school and everything but you should come to expect the persecution or God bashing. People just love blaspheming God and it's obviously evident everywhere. I don't carry around my Bible at school nor any books for that matter because chances are, I'll never read them at school. I could make an exception though, the Bible itself works well as a witnessing tool!

Upvote 0

Sharp

Jul 23, 2004
✟1,271.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
JaneKaty13 said:
I have a Pocket Bible that I carry everywhere with me, but I try not to make it conspicuous. I read it during lunch sometimes, but usually I eat alone anyway. I don't want people approaching me about it. Heck, I don't want people approaching me at school AT ALL. I'm very shy in real life and I never know what to say when people come up to me. I already have a rep for being the "Christian Virgin Goody-Goody Jesus Freak" because for history class we had to debate abortion in front of the school, and I spoke on behalf of pro-life. I prepared a very thourough presentation, but the minute I quoted Exodus, I was booed off the stage. These popular girls came up to me afterwards and told me to keep my rosaries off of their ovaries. I'm thinking, "Have fun being a harlot and a murderer too!" Gosh they bother me! People have been periodically bugging me about it ever since. I just tell them "I respect your beliefs, please respect mine."
My wife and I were both virgins when we got married. I tell my sons to marry virgins too and not to have sex until they get married. Men want to marry a virgin. Don't settle for dating just any guys. Date only men who live for God and who love Jesus Christ more than they love you.

The best thing you can do is be confident when you are harrassed. Enjoy it. Don't be ashamed. The football team at USC in the 1980s had several Christian players who were virgins and proud of it. When interviewed in the press, they said they gloried in it.

A teen girl was teased by her sexually active friends and she said "I can be like you anytime, but you can never be like me."

Most teens are virgins when they graduate from high school now. That is the trend and abstinance education is working.

In debates let the crowd boo, but ask for more time for your side to offer your views. Be silent and wait until the booing is over. Be confident. You are the center of attention and this is your shining hour. You don't need to speak. Your confident manner will impress and prove your case to the vast undecided in the audience. If you are confident, they will remember you. And that will matter when they consider abortion for themselves.

The secret to changing the culture is to force the general culture to become acclimated to hearing your message. The first time they hear it they boo. After a few dozen times they have nothing more they can say. That is how we conservative Christians have won the battle for prolife in America. It took us nearly 40 years, but we have won the battle of values and eventually we will win the legal issues.

Also you need to bring allies with you (not to presuade others, but to support you emotionally). Christian young men - dedicated to Jesus Christ - want Godly Christian friends. We also have a protective instinct as males. Explain to them alone in a Christian club meeting or on the phone how you feel emotionally. Their protective instincts will kick in. They are God's gift to you. That can help in school.

Also use the Christian Club's at your school to post on the school bulletin board and public address system and hold some meetings on a Christian perspective on sex and family and values and love etc..

Don't think that most of the so-called Christians in any city or school are really born again. Many people who think they are Christians have never had a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I strongly recommend you attend a conservative, Bible-believing church that strongly supports Bible values. Don't attend or give money to a so-called Christian church that doesn't support your Bible-based views on sex and morals.

When I was in college I have several roommates. Most were non-believers. The guys in the dorm knew of my faith and knew I dated Christian girls but did not have sex with them. In a dorm talk session one asked my why not. I told him that when you have sex with a girl you are emotionally bonded with her, and that lasts for life and I don't want that with anyone but my wife. He was a guy who had lots of girls, and he said he could understand my reasons. He said if he had it to do over he'd do a lot of things differently.

The problem with bonding - becoming one emotionally - is that God made people to be especially loyal to the first seuxal partner. That one is special. And when you have sex with others, your mind goes back to the first. That creates a lot of conflicts and loyalty problems. I don't have that problem nor does my Christian wife. We are loyal and faithful and in love. You will find this out later in life. Sex outside of marriage would be one of the worst sins and mistakes you can make. You will be glad for obeying God more and more over life. I recommend it.

Finally Josh McDowell speaks a lot at public schools. He tells males that they don't really want sex as much as they want intimacy, that is, someone who cares for them. They usually agree.

Well hope this helps. Remember we are winning the war of ideas culturally.

May I suggest something else? I have not felt led to do this, but God has led my old friends back into my life over the years. Some have become belivers in Christ! Wonderful. Others have ruined their lives and marriages. How sad. I am still friends and pray for several of them as God places them on my heart. Perhaps you would consider tracking the very people who booed you. Keep in touch every decade or so. They will know you are a true friend, or atleast a resource. There will come times in their lives when they realize they made a mess of their lives, or tragedy will strike and they need answers. They will listen to you then.

Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ShetlandRose said:
I take my Bible with me wherever I go, but I have a pocket-sized Bible and can tuck it in my purse or a big pocket.

I knew a guy once who carried a huge (just short of a family-sized) Bible with him and made sure it was noticed. He even waved it about in the air during conversations. Tacky.

Some years ago a border guard asked me if that was a Bible I had with me when I was crossing from Jordan into Israel. It was. For some reason they decided not to do the usual strip search and just motioned for me to go through. Interesting. Don't anybody try that today though.

My pocket Bible is unobtrusive, but people ask me what I am reading. I don't make a big deal of it...just say "my Bible." Eyebrows go up. Not sure if they approve or disapprove. Sometimes I ask them if they have read it--that can silence a room. And sometimes that can start a pleasant chat with fellow Christians.

I have found that telling people it is "my Bible", instead of the Bible, it makes it more personal and less threatening. I merely read it and God opens up the doors of witnessing. :)

ShetlandRose :angel:

A very wise way of doing it. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InvisibleExistence

Jul 10, 2004
UK
Visit site
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
It's not easy carrying a bible round school, so well done. But what if it's not the reputation? I don't carry a bible round school but just because I don't it doesn't mean i'm not in a secure relationship with God. Some people in my school get bullied about stuff like this. Not just name calling, serious bullying. Our Christian union did a week of assemblies and I performed a few of my piano/voice songs. I recieved mostly good feedback except from a few who decided to call me, 'bible basher b****, and a f**king Christian w****.' I'm not going to pretend that those comments hurt me, cos to be honest I didn't really care. But does God want us to be bullied by our peers? Some of the comments in this thread make like if you don't carry around a bible, then you don't deserve Gods salvation... God will love you if you carry a bible around school just the same as if you didn't.

Upvote 0

RainDrop864

Nov 23, 2004
✟615.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
:eek: what?? no! I hope it didn't seem like anyone was saying that!
No, of course you don't have too..I mean why should you if you don't feel God telling you..I mean thats the only reason I take it:for comfort and God uses it for me to minister to people. I don't think I could minister without my bible.
Salvation has nothing to do with carrying a bible around.. I think this was more of an encouragment thread for those who do feel God using them by taking their bible.. It really encouraged me, anyways.^_^

In Christ, Sarah.

Upvote 0

Trizm

Oct 31, 2004
Los Angeles
✟518.00
Faith
Christian
Please Keep on bringing your bible with you everywhere, i kno it takes a lot of courage and you will catch heat for it but believe me it is definitely doing good. By bringing your bible you will help others who may want to bring their bible but are too afraid to go it alone. Take it from somebody who has been persecuted for being different. It does help, when you shine your light you make it easier for everyone to shine theirs. Some of the people who talk trash about you may secretly wish they had your courage, so I commend you for standing above the crowd.

Upvote 0

thirsty

May 15, 2004
Fort McMurray,Alberta
✟8,652.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Future Preacher said:
Okay, so I start carrying my Bible around school with me. Of course people are gonna notice. "Is that a Bible"
"yep"
"Why are you carrying your Bible around wth you?"
"So I can read it and because I need it to get through my day." ;)
"Oh, okay, whatever."
Then comes the wierd stare. This one guy wouldn't stop blaspheming God. He kept saying there was no God and stuff that is way to bad to put on this thread. I pray for him every day, but i doubt he'll ever come around.
Anyways, I'm the only one I've seen at my school who carries my Bible around with me and I think thats pretty messed up. You think Christian teens would actually care more about their testimony then their reputation! But o well. I'm just glad to be setting a good testimony and I hope I can win some people to Christ!
God bless you.
Jesus said this would happen. Blaspheming God happens on this site on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
daydreamergurl15 said:
I carry my bible too, but only the new testament b/c my other bible won't fit in my bookbag, I need to buy a smaller one. I am totally with you, I care more about what God thinks of me then what people think of me because people can only judge the outside and God will judge me because He knows my heart :)

You know, you can get some really great compact Bibles. Here's a nice one that I like:

707927.gif

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...707927&netp_id=315735&event=EBRN&item_code=WW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I carry my Bible to school too. A friend of mine tried to tell me that I couldn't carry it around with me or read it or talk about religion of any sort, that kinda upset me but I said a silent prayer for them. Keep toting the Word of God with you wherever you go and do not be ashamed about it. Remember it is blessed to be persecuted for the Kingdom of God. God bless! I'll be praying for all of you.

Upvote 0

inhislove

Jan 11, 2005
Toba Tek Singh Pakistan
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Woe on the pitiable situation of faith full, great patriot and committed loyal Christians of Pakistan. They had paid a very high price for their faith to stay as Christian and still they are continuously paying extremely high price, these poor Christians are the part of Pakistan but they have never been accepted , its on the record that before Pakistan came into being they struggled for it and cast their decisive vote in the favour of Pakistan but woe , woe thousand times woe on the really miserable condition of Pakistani Christians , every day circumstances getting worse and worse for this helpless discriminated people, Christian persecution is going higher and higher every moment in Pakistan. Today the civilized nations are talking about Peace in middle east , Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir and other part of the world but this civilized nations are mute and don't think about the crucial situation of Pakistani Christians at all.

Pakistani Christians are continuously under the constant threat of life, there are discriminatory laws against them, these sincere Christian are called rebel and are spying for USA and Great Britain and other European countries. Islamic fundamentalist militant and Jihadi groups are making their life unbearable every day in Pakistan, Christians are beaten, girls are rapped and by force are converting to Islam and said now you are no more infidel because now you are under the banner of Islam, if some one refuse they are tortured , killing and kidnapping is raising day by day. It is very hard and indeed difficult to come out from Pakistan for the Christians of Pakistan, if a hand full amount of Christians could manage to come out and Apply for Asylum straight away they are refused saying this, every thing is alright in Pakistan Christians have equal rights as Muslims do, there is no problem, no discrimination at all.

They do not look that thousand of Christians are in prisons with false cases of Blasphemy and are awaiting for justice, so many lost their lives account less Christians have left their homes, parent, brothers and sisters, and love ones. These rejected and oppressed Christian have been thrown away from their home land but never been granted asylum a very few had been accepted after long time trial. But against it there are millions of Muslims have been granted asylum with forgery documents while Muslim have no problem in their countries at all. After getting asylum this Muslim are creating problem and want to do every thing according to Islamic point of view. Against it if one Christian out of thousands granted asylum, he is very humble, sincere, faith full, harmless, reliable for the country he got asylum in. International media also highlights about Islamic world not about the Christians of Pakistan. It should bring the facts into the kind notice of peace makers of the world especially Mr.. George W Bush the president of United States of America, Mr.. Tony Blair the Prime minister of United Kingdom and Mr.. Kuffi Anan Secretary General of United nations. Since September 11, 2002 the Christians of Pakistan are suffering very badly at every stage of life. Especially American war on Terror in Afghanistan and now in Iraq, unfortunately the Christians of Pakistan always been linked with America on the grounds that America is a Christian country. The hard line Jihadi militants are taking revenge from the poor and armless Christians of Pakistan.

Upvote 0

inhislove

Jan 11, 2005
Toba Tek Singh Pakistan
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Woe on the pitiable situation of faith full, great patriot and committed loyal Christians of Pakistan. They had paid a very high price for their faith to stay as Christian and still they are continuously paying extremely high price, these poor Christians are the part of Pakistan but they have never been accepted , its on the record that before Pakistan came into being they struggled for it and cast their decisive vote in the favour of Pakistan but woe , woe thousand times woe on the really miserable condition of Pakistani Christians , every day circumstances getting worse and worse for this helpless discriminated people, Christian persecution is going higher and higher every moment in Pakistan. Today the civilized nations are talking about Peace in middle east , Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir and other part of the world but this civilized nations are mute and don't think about the crucial situation of Pakistani Christians at all.

Pakistani Christians are continuously under the constant threat of life, there are discriminatory laws against them, these sincere Christian are called rebel and are spying for USA and Great Britain and other European countries. Islamic fundamentalist militant and Jihadi groups are making their life unbearable every day in Pakistan, Christians are beaten, girls are rapped and by force are converting to Islam and said now you are no more infidel because now you are under the banner of Islam, if some one refuse they are tortured , killing and kidnapping is raising day by day. It is very hard and indeed difficult to come out from Pakistan for the Christians of Pakistan, if a hand full amount of Christians could manage to come out and Apply for Asylum straight away they are refused saying this, every thing is alright in Pakistan Christians have equal rights as Muslims do, there is no problem, no discrimination at all.

They do not look that thousand of Christians are in prisons with false cases of Blasphemy and are awaiting for justice, so many lost their lives account less Christians have left their homes, parent, brothers and sisters, and love ones. These rejected and oppressed Christian have been thrown away from their home land but never been granted asylum a very few had been accepted after long time trial. But against it there are millions of Muslims have been granted asylum with forgery documents while Muslim have no problem in their countries at all. After getting asylum this Muslim are creating problem and want to do every thing according to Islamic point of view. Against it if one Christian out of thousands granted asylum, he is very humble, sincere, faith full, harmless, reliable for the country he got asylum in. International media also highlights about Islamic world not about the Christians of Pakistan. It should bring the facts into the kind notice of peace makers of the world especially Mr.. George W Bush the president of United States of America, Mr.. Tony Blair the Prime minister of United Kingdom and Mr.. Kuffi Anan Secretary General of United nations. Since September 11, 2002 the Christians of Pakistan are suffering very badly at every stage of life. Especially American war on Terror in Afghanistan and now in Iraq, unfortunately the Christians of Pakistan always been linked with America on the grounds that America is a Christian country. The hard line Jihadi militants are taking revenge from the poor and armless Christians of Pakistan.

Upvote 0

xxRachaelxx

I will follow Him!
Oct 29, 2004
✟551.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i sometimes take my Bible to school with me...and one day i took it out to show my friends this passage from it, and they started laughing and saying ''i didnt think people really carried around their bible with them...only people like Dot from eastenders''

it just shocked me how some people are abit...narrow minded...

Upvote 0

FreestyleFred

Feb 16, 2005
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I often have my Bible with me in school, I will sit there and read it during study halls. I have gotten a lot of insults and bad comments about it, sadly mostly are my close friends. The thing is, nomatter where in the world you go, there is going to be persecution, Jesus told us that. Stand strong and don't let it damage your faith at all, use it to strengthen your faith. I have literally had things thrown at me and insults spewed at me by the people I hang out with, the people I have been friends with for most of my life, whenever the subject of my faith or morals comes into a conversation. I was in a debate with about 6 or 7 other people just yesterday about Evolution vs. Creation. Two of the people who turned against me are declared Christians. I was so surprised and dissapointed in them, one of them even called me a Bible H.(Not going to say the word, I am sure its breaking a rule, I am sure u can figure it out). I couldn't beleive they would say that, for they themselves had stated that they had accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord, but yet they insult me for supporting what I beleive, and not backing against it, they insult me for standing strong with my faith and not caring what other people thought of me. It is truly sad what people are turning into...What is this world coming to...?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.