Future Preacher

Future Preacher
Jan 26, 2004
✟1,227.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so I start carrying my Bible around school with me. Of course people are gonna notice. "Is that a Bible"
"yep"
"Why are you carrying your Bible around wth you?"
"So I can read it and because I need it to get through my day." ;)
"Oh, okay, whatever."
Then comes the wierd stare. This one guy wouldn't stop blaspheming God. He kept saying there was no God and stuff that is way to bad to put on this thread. I pray for him every day, but i doubt he'll ever come around.
Anyways, I'm the only one I've seen at my school who carries my Bible around with me and I think thats pretty messed up. You think Christian teens would actually care more about their testimony then their reputation! But o well. I'm just glad to be setting a good testimony and I hope I can win some people to Christ!

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I carry my Bible with me everywhere I go. I take it to lecture, I take it to lab, I take it to eat, I take it work...you get the picture :).

I think you wanting to take your Bible with you to school is a wonderful thing. In fact, it's some one of the best things I've read on these forums. However, The only thing that I would caution is that you take great care not to be obnoxious about it.

I am very careful not to flaunt the fact that I've got my Bible with me, but I don't hide it either :). It's a very difficult balance to come by, and sometimes I wonder if I am doing things in the proper manner.

The advice that I have to offer is that you pray daily for humility in both actions and speech, and that if you're going to carry it around that you do actually read it when you get the opportunity - that's what you're carrying it for after all :).

I am sorry to hear about some of your experiences. Even if we do everything the right way, the way that God would have us to things, that doesn't mean we won't suffer. In fact, many times it means an increase in suffering. Be patient. Persevere. And don't leave your Bible at home:)

I was very glad to read your post.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I take my Bible with me wherever I go, but I have a pocket-sized Bible and can tuck it in my purse or a big pocket.

I knew a guy once who carried a huge (just short of a family-sized) Bible with him and made sure it was noticed. He even waved it about in the air during conversations. Tacky.

Some years ago a border guard asked me if that was a Bible I had with me when I was crossing from Jordan into Israel. It was. For some reason they decided not to do the usual strip search and just motioned for me to go through. Interesting. Don't anybody try that today though.

My pocket Bible is unobtrusive, but people ask me what I am reading. I don't make a big deal of it...just say "my Bible." Eyebrows go up. Not sure if they approve or disapprove. Sometimes I ask them if they have read it--that can silence a room. And sometimes that can start a pleasant chat with fellow Christians.

I have found that telling people it is "my Bible", instead of the Bible, it makes it more personal and less threatening. I merely read it and God opens up the doors of witnessing. :)

ShetlandRose :angel:

Upvote 0

Cara J

Praise God!
Jan 28, 2004
✟1,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it wonderful that you carry your Bible around with you! Don't ever let anybody stop you from carrying it and reading it! I do not envy you, being in high school and having to deal with the pressures that come with high school. I certainly know that high school wasn't a pleasure for me and I was persecuted for being a Christian then. Thankfully, I have found that it is a whole new world once you are out of high school and am confident you will find people who share your beliefs and who you can study with and pray with!
God Bless you! Keep your faith!

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I carry my bible too, but only the new testament b/c my other bible won't fit in my bookbag, I need to buy a smaller one. I am totally with you, I care more about what God thinks of me then what people think of me because people can only judge the outside and God will judge me because He knows my heart :)

Upvote 0

craig_on_fire

On a quest to get 100% health
Feb 7, 2004
Thornton Heath, Surrey, UK
Visit site
✟15,821.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I wish I had the courage you did when I was at high school!!

Remember: "Blessed are those who are persecuted for my name"

I would really encourage to stick at it and keep on praying to God for some opportunities to come from this.

I pray that God will bless you and will give you some really great chances to be empowered, to be uplifted and to be able to sow some seeds :)

Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Future Preacher said:
Okay, so I start carrying my Bible around school with me. Of course people are gonna notice. "Is that a Bible"
"yep"
"Oh, okay, whatever."
Then comes the wierd stare. This one guy wouldn't stop blaspheming God. He kept saying there was no God and stuff that is way to bad to put on this thread. I pray for him every day, but i doubt he'll ever come around.
Anyways, I'm the only one I've seen at my school who carries my Bible around with me and I think thats pretty messed up. You think Christian teens would actually care more about their testimony then their reputation! But o well. I'm just glad to be setting a good testimony and I hope I can win some people to Christ!

Hey man! I feel your pain!

Back when I was in Highschool (I just graduated in '03), ppl use to dog on me for the stupidest things. I still am made fun of too (I got to a very secular college). But anywayz, you are not alone homie.

I remember how I used to get made fun of when I would pray for my food. It was like "Make fun of the Christian" hour or something. I had a friend who was into Wicca and everytime she saw me pray she'd say in a sarcastic tone of voice, "Oh Jesus...." Like she was trying to be me revering Him or something -_-

When I told ppl that I was a virgin and that I was gonna stay a virgin until marriage, they had a field day with that! They'd be like, "Yeah, whatever--You're gonna have sex with your next boyfriend!"

I'd say, "No I'm not--I'm gonna be a virgin until my wedding night! I'm a V and proud of it man!" Then they'd get even more crazy and they'd start to bet money against me saying that I would lose it to my next bf. (They've lost and will lose, lolz)

Then when they saw me with my Bible, they would ask me questions like, "Why are you carrying a Bible?"

I'd say, "So I can read the Word of God"

Then they'd make comments to themselves and one of the gothic punker ppl would be like, "I bet she's trying to find a scripture to save Satan's Child." (He was refering to himself.)

I just smiled at him not really knowing what to say to that.

Then there came the name calling..."Goody-Two-Shoes!", "VIRGIN!", "God girl!", "Preacher!", "Jesus Freak!", "God Lover!", "Bible-Thumper!", "Holy Roller!"

And trust me, these names were not meant to be in a good way. They were sarcastic and meant to be said in a hurtful way.

I went through a lot in High School, and I still do at my college. I know what your goin' through but ya know what? It's all good! We have a better reward waiting for us up in Heaven than down here on Earth.

Because after all: Earth is the only hell that Christians will ever know, and it is the only Heaven sinners will ever know.

And about that dude who you are praying for.....Don't speak that over him! In the Name of Jesus I call him saved! You gotta speak positive things over the unsaved and even yourself and your life.

What we do/say, we shall reap later on in life :)

Anywayz, I'll be praying for ya dude--Be blessed!

Reactions: Jenny89
Upvote 0

Godskid247

Mar 1, 2004
Gotham City IL
✟13,514.00
Faith
Christian
I carry my bible at school too!!

I don't care what they say about me.

I an a virgin too!

If the rapture comes early. I want God to say that I actually did something for the kingdom.

That's just me though.

Some Christians don't discuss their relationships with God, even at church.

That's why they're not prospering now!

I don't care what no man says to me.

Anyway, Be encouraged, fellow soldiers! :hug:

Reactions: glo
Upvote 0

Preacherchick99

Feb 2, 2004
Anaheim, CA
Visit site
✟2,001.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously, who cares what other's say! I'm to busy with my relationship with God to care about my "reputation" with the secular crowd :p

God is better, He'll be with us forever. Those ppl will perish--They won't be there forever (Unless they give their lives to Christ :p)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crosslight

Stacie Jaye
Nov 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Hey

Me too.. I carry my Bible around with everywhere. I tuck in in the back pocket of my pants or carry it under my arm like a purse. I even.. i say... I even sleep with mine. Wheee...
it is goooood to hear there are so many carrying around their bibles.. now watch out.. we are going to bump into each other and then have a Bible study.. that would be cool.

Hanging Tight With Jesus
stacie

Upvote 0

Blazin4Christ

Glory to God, and God alone.
Mar 16, 2004
U.S.A., East Coast,
✟912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Future Preacher said:
"yep"
"Oh, okay, whatever."

i feel you in one way.I only went a week i npublic school.but that was enough. the best thing though is to go to Christian school. sicne stuff liek "no religious activity in public school" is around to keep straight with God I reccomend CHristian school.even though some are messed up anyways.it is for the better.because persecution hits you hard in the public school.and I HATE HATE HATE HATE public schools.And stuff liek allowing gay kids in and stuff.even though witnessing is important, your testimony is bigger.when you have a better testimony you can really reach out to people.trust me on theis one

Upvote 0

Blazin4Christ

Glory to God, and God alone.
Mar 16, 2004
U.S.A., East Coast,
✟912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
and me being an Indian guy with a Bible is extra peculiar.so when people ask.I always dart the question. "say do you know if you are 100% sure your going to HEaven?I can show yuo from the BIble how to have gaurantee.It will only take a minute..." and from their a witnessing camnpaigh starts.I reccomend you get a Gideon Bible so you have any vital Christian quesion at your fingertips

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

indonesianpalmtree

JC's sentinel
Mar 17, 2004
Western Cape
✟568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a short testimony about me and my Bible.

The other day, about a month after I converted, I felt the need to take my Bible to school, but I was very ashamed of being a Christian before I converted completely, so it was a hard decision to make. I kept asking whether I should do it...

The night before, I was walking through the house towards my brother's room, thinking about whether I should take my Bible to school. My mom sat there talking to him, and I went and lay on one of the beds and took this little day-book. One verse for every day...

As they were talking, I flipped to March, 10th, the date.

Guess what was written!

Be an example of His Word

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Upvote 0

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
ShetlandRose said:
I take my Bible with me wherever I go, but I have a pocket-sized Bible and can tuck it in my purse or a big pocket.

My pocket Bible is unobtrusive, but people ask me what I am reading. I don't make a big deal of it...just say "my Bible." Eyebrows go up. Not sure if they approve or disapprove. Sometimes I ask them if they have read it--that can silence a room. And sometimes that can start a pleasant chat with fellow Christians.

I have found that telling people it is "my Bible", instead of the Bible, it makes it more personal and less threatening. I merely read it and God opens up the doors of witnessing.
Amen, ShetlandRose ! :bow:

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
There's a guy that reads his Bible outside the cafeteria and his "friends" yell at him and make fun of him all the time... I think he's the only person I've seen with one besides me or when we have Christian Fellowship meetings Thursdays at lunch... other than the meetings, I don't see anyone with one.

Upvote 0

psychoceramic

The only real guy in the house
Feb 3, 2004
Las cruces NM
✟1,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i am a thirty five year old male in college (back after a seven year break) and i carry my bible in my backback, i can be seen reading it outside class before the start or inside class, i just want to read it and i dont care what is said or who says it. i also wear "witness wear" clothes. And praisethe Lord verbally for grades and anything i need to.

in HIm,
psycho

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.