Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Last week I shot a USPSA match in the carry optics division for the first time. It was a challenge. I'm faster and more accurate with iron sights. Of course I don't have much experience with carry optics, so I hope finding the dot after drawing and when transitioning between targets becomes much easier with time. But it was fun to try something different out.
Anyone else try carry optics or routinely shoot with a red dot?

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My local gun range/shop (if 55 miles can be local) allows people to test fire weapons to see if they like them. My daughter shot a Sig P226 with red dot sight and did great, I am old and set into my ways, but still have my eyesight and did OK. I prefer iron sights unless I am doing long range stuff with a scope. But then, I have shot so much that I instinctively shoot and found the red dot unfamiliar and annoying at times.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My local gun range/shop (if 55 miles can be local) allows people to test fire weapons to see if they like them. My daughter shot a Sig P226 with red dot sight and did great, I am old and set into my ways, but still have my eyesight and did OK. I prefer iron sights unless I am doing long range stuff with a scope. But then, I have shot so much that I instinctively shoot and found the red dot unfamiliar and annoying at times.
I guess that's it, I'm old and set in my ways and prefer iron sights. But I'm old enough I can't the sights without correction, which then makes the targets blurry. Thought I would see if this helps. It helps the vision problem, but the coordination end isn't there, lol. Maybe with time.
I guess the other issue is that I usually shoot Glocks. I switched to a M&P Pro Core for this. I actually found it harder to hold, I'm used to the big fat Glock grip, and harder to reload. Both of those things will hopefully improve with practice.

Speaking of Sigs, I don't like them. But I had a chance to shoot a P230, what a beautiful and great gun. I guess it's the one Max Michel shoots with. But at a price of around $1400, it's going to have to be admired from a distance.

Upvote 0