✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Corona virus did a lot of harm to anyone holding large amounts of stock. If you had just 20,000 dollars of stock (to keep the arithmetic simple) for example when Donald Trump became President, then you would over the course of 3 years and 3 months approx, have ended up losing 1,400 dollars.

World-wide countries put loans and stimulus money into their companies and in the US Senate all 96 members present of both parties voted for the CARIES Act. In the House only 5 Republicans and 1 Democrat failed to support the Act.

And the investors were rescued!

Stock Market Trump Years.png

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The 1,400 loss over 3 years became after the CARIES Act a 5,475 gain over the 3+ years to today.
(figures a bit approximate)

The CARES Act was the largest ever single transfer of wealth and had strong bipartisan support

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Low points are always below peaks the experts say, but the stock market is expected to continue to recover due to governments having established a precedent now and back in 2009 of bailouts. Activity in the lower parts of the economy should not harm the rewards of those who have invested in our futures.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, but low interest rates push investors to buy government debt and put money into the stock market in search of better returns, so governments might keep interest rates low.

If you befriended politicians with big donations I suspect they wouldn't go against the other big donors, but advise you that interest rates will stay low, so small savers will continue to do badly, and to put your money where the other big donors put theirs, and they'd even introduce you to some of their other friends for a few tips.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't wait for runaway inflation to begin as a result of the stimulus. Interest rates will rise and I will prosper. :)

Yeah, that's what the Ron/Rand Pauls have been saying for over a decade now and we haven't come anywhere close to it yet. It might be time to update your economic worldview.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My guess is the economy will go in the direction the very wealthy want it to go, because they control the government. As noticed with the CARIES Act, both parties will fall in behind any legislation that helps the very rich, after all, they do own both parties.

The parties may say different things but somehow the result is usually not all that different.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that's what the Ron/Rand Pauls have been saying for over a decade now and we haven't come anywhere close to it yet. It might be time to update your economic worldview.

One can only hope. ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My guess is the economy will go in the direction the very wealthy want it to go, because they control the government. As noticed with the CARIES Act, both parties will fall in behind any legislation that helps the very rich, after all, they do own both parties.

The parties may say different things but somehow the result is usually not all that different.

Better the rich than the poor don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know.

Many of the rich and very rich have a very good idea of what is actually going on in the World, and can make intelligent decisions but for their own advantage and most likely to everyone else's detriment.

Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0