✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 3:13 (NASB)
each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.

We are admonished to be careful how we build. For in the day of judgment all things will be revealed. Whether what we brought forth was in the strength of the self life or whether it was done in God. For God is not mocked we do reap what we sow, good or bad, flesh or Spirit., life or death, all being the same truth just using different words. For these are the only two categories that all things will be judged against.

Christ or self.

If self be the doer of the things, the works will be burnt up, the believer themselves will be saved, but as it were through fire. But all of their works will have come to nothing. For the day will show it for what it was, whether it was done in Christ or in self.

If on the other hand, if Christ was the doer of the work in and through the believer, their works will last through the fire, they and their works will be saved and their reward follows them. So we are admonished to be careful how we build.

“For it matters not the doing, only who’s doing the doing.”

That this truth would be made real in our lives. Our walks with God would take on a new and vibrant urgency, for we would see the need for fruit that will remain, and be true fruit of Christ being manifested and living His life in and through us. For nothing else is Christianity but the life of Christ being manifested in a life. All else is the life of self.

All believers that are born again are saved, but how and with what they build is the issue being discussed.

So, how can one be sure they are building correctly?

Scripture teaches,

“the Spirit teaches all thins”

The Spirit will always direct one to Christ, and by virtue of that. their relationship with this Christ, for in this relationship can and will they be taught all things.

For it all comes down to a believer’s personal relationship with Christ. Either that relationship is growing or it is not. All the scripture study or memorizing of this or that doctrine has it’s place, and is necessary and has a certain value, but it is not the believers relationship with Christ. For it made feed the believers relationship, but it is not the standard of measurement of that relationship.

For the believers personal relationship with Christ there is no substitute. It is there in the heart between the believer and their Creator, or it is not. So to encourage our relationship with Christ is the all, that one can do to help another to Christ. We can point and say to Christ we need to go, but each and every believer needs to make that walk to Christ for themselves. For our Savior is a personal one and to the degree and depths our relationship with Him is, is to that degree we are pleasing to Him.

Blessings to all that would want to know the simple truth that it is their personal relationship with Christ that is their all in all.

For as Paul said;

“judge me only according to the Christ you see in me.”

(my paraphrase)

For he knew that only the Christ that was really and truly formed in him would last and was of value.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For he knew that only the Christ that was really and truly formed in him would last and was of value.

It is very logical really. All that is build within us by the truth of God's word will survive the fire - meeting perfect love Himself - but all that is build by sinful flesh and has its existence in lies will perish.

1 Peter 1:23-25 "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

And this is the word that was preached to you.
"

This is good news for those of us who fight their flesh and humbly seek after Christ in their lives serving God and their neighbour with the talents God's Spirit endowed them with. Such believers will love it when the desires of their flesh perish and God's loving truth comes alive in their hearts instead.

However it isn't such good news for those who still judge themselves better than others. Those boasting in their faith and in their superior relationship with Jesus, but who have little or no love for the fallen or hurting.

Matthew 25:31-43 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is very logical really. All that is build within us by the truth of God's word will survive the fire - meeting perfect love Himself - but all that is build by sinful flesh and has its existence in lies will perish.

1 Peter 1:23-25 "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

And this is the word that was preached to you.
"

This is good news for those of us who fight their flesh and humbly seek after Christ in their lives serving God and their neighbour with the talents God's Spirit endowed them with. Such believers will love it when the desires of their flesh perish and God's loving truth comes alive in their hearts instead.

However it isn't such good news for those who still judge themselves better than others. Those boasting in their faith and in their superior relationship with Jesus, but who have little or no love for the fallen or hurting.

Matthew 25:31-43 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

So true it is!

Yes all truth by it’s very nature is logical. So is righteousness and God Himself. For logic is order and God calls Himself a God of order.

As far as believers that think their better than some, we are still called to love them with the love of Christ from a pure heart.

For the greatest gift of love we can give anybody and everybody, is to make ourselves 100% obedient to the Lord Jesus.

So with a heart that would be willing, I wish you all the increase of Christ in your inner man,

Thanks for the response.

Blessings,

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as believers that think their better than some, we are still called to love them with the love of Christ from a pure heart.

i have to admit that at times i struggle greatly loving those who use the Lord Jesus as a sledgehammer on the head of the weak or hurting or twist His word to mean something The Word doesn't agree with. i often wish such believers would bump into The Rock called Christ and shatter being like that in favour of loving true. For it is not that i don't love them but rather love them to be truly in Christ instead of stuck with anti-Christ spirituality. i do really feel sorry for believers who judge other sinners to hell, or refuse to forgive those who offended them, for i know that such has life on the wrong side of His loving truth and such has not got a pleasant ending.

Revelation 19:11-21
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

For the greatest gift of love we can give anybody and everybody, is to make ourselves 100% obedient to the Lord Jesus.

Is that even possible down here on this world? i find that i love Jesus one moment but I don't obey love at all another. Also it can be a real battle to let His loving truth rule when i have to deny myself the right to existence in sin in favour of Him. Sometimes, by the grace of God, i can, and find true life in Him in that part of myself, sometimes I can't and continue in my loveless ways unabated. Knowing in my heart that The Truth will slay me being like that one day.

i reckon the sheep and the goat are clearly visible in my life. Where I am still self seeking and hold onto lies to keep myself alive, I'm given time to repent of my sinful ways, and where i have learned to love God and neighbour truthfully i celebrate Christ's victory. It is as simply as that in my life.

i know that divine election is very much a question of the heart in the first place. For life in my big I perished a burning flame when i met the humble loving heart of our Lord. i truly wonder if the ego can even ever learn to submit to the Lord. Is it possible that a self serving life in lies submits to the humbly loving truth of God and survive a big I?

Daniel 7:8-14

While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

“As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.

“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have to admit that at times i struggle greatly loving those who use the Lord Jesus as a sledgehammer on the head of the weak or hurting or twist His word to mean something The Word doesn't agree with. i often wish such believers would bump into The Rock called Christ and shatter being like that in favour of loving true. For it is not that i don't love them but rather love them to be truly in Christ instead of stuck with anti-Christ spirituality. i do really feel sorry for believers who judge other sinners to hell, or refuse to forgive those who offended them, for i know that such has life on the wrong side of His loving truth and such has not got a pleasant ending.

Revelation 19:11-21
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Is that even possible down here on this world? i find that i love Jesus one moment but I don't obey love at all another. Also it can be a real battle to let His loving truth rule when i have to deny myself the right to existence in sin in favour of Him. Sometimes, by the grace of God, i can, and find true life in Him in that part of myself, sometimes I can't and continue in my loveless ways unabated. Knowing in my heart that The Truth will slay me being like that one day.

i reckon the sheep and the goat are clearly visible in my life. Where I am still self seeking and hold onto lies to keep myself alive, I'm given time to repent of my sinful ways, and where i have learned to love God and neighbour truthfully i celebrate Christ's victory. It is as simply as that in my life.

i know that divine election is very much a question of the heart in the first place. For life in my big I perished a burning flame when i met the humble loving heart of our Lord. i truly wonder if the ego can even ever learn to submit to the Lord. Is it possible that a self serving life in lies submits to the humbly loving truth of God and survive a big I?

Daniel 7:8-14
While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

“As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.

“Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The answers to your questions are absolutely yes! God has called you to Himself. He loves you and is working in you the salvation that is promised in Christ. All He asks is a willing heart that would want Him to.

If you find a portion of your heart that seems otherwise, a honest heart would tell Him such. Than, with a “Lord I’m willing to be made willing.”

A heart that regardless of it’s condition, would long to be His. This heart He will not turn away. A heart that says “if He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.” A faith of the heart that says such, will be fed and grow up and into Him in all things.

We are told in scripture to “work out our own salvation”. This is a work set before us. So, with His promises to prefect that which concerns us, we, with a heart set like flint says “Lord make me a man after your own heart.”

Blessings, as I join you in such a prayer.

Upvote 0