• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Career change anxiety

Aug 31, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟7,828.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have been in the Entertainment Industry for the past 13 years and have worked my way up to becoming an Editor which I give all the glory to God! I have been going through my anxiety disorder for 5 years now which held me back from working for a year and a half. By Gods grace, he helped me get back on my feet and working again. I am still dealing with anxiety daily but I am not where I use to be thanks to how far God has brought me! I praise Him for that everyday because He has taught me so much!

I have a passion for filmmaking and I would love to make (Direct/Write) Christian films one day! I actually finished my first script for a short film and have some good friends in the industry, who are willing to help me make it.

The problem I am having now, is not having a desire to continue in Editing (which pays REALLY well) because of the lack of stability and my own lack of interest. I am a freelancer and I am seeking a career that doesn't require me to look for another job every 2-3 months because the show I was working on has wrapped similar to Directing. I find myself praying for guidance in what I should do for work because of this desire to have a stable job, regardless of pay and my specific skill trait (Editing/story telling). I battle with being judged by friends and family because they all know how long I've been Editing for and how well it pays, amongst other various reasons. I don't know if my passion for making movies is as serious as I want it to be (maybe it's just a hobby) or if it's the fear of how difficult it is to become a Director.

I have an opportunity to go work for my Dad who started his own business almost 2 years ago helping/selling all natural vitamin and mineral supplements and Praise God, he's doing really well. He as tried to help me with my anxiety through supplying the proper vitamins and supplements but doesn't know to much about the Bible and what Gods wisdom for dealing with worry is. He has mentioned to me a few times that he would love for me to be able to take over the business one day and potentially pass the torch to my future kids. He's aware of my passion for film and knows I don't know to much about what he does tho I do support him because I believe God has given us vitamins and other supplements to help our physical bodies. He has also mentioned that he would teach me and thinks I could help his clients who deal with stress and anxiety by talking with them about what God has taught me about anxiety. Other than my passion for story and other creative hobbies, I do have a passion to just help people and that is a desire that the Holy Spirit has given me.

I have talked about this with my Pastor and others that I know and have been told that I over analyze but I just wanted to know some of your opinions seeing that most of you on here are brethren in Christ and I don't know you personally! I also just ask for your prayers that God gives me the wisdom to make the Godly choice in whatever it is he called me to do! I'm just torn and tired of wrestling with this and I'm doing my best to seek rest in Christ.

Thank you all and God Bless!