US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I got laid off from a call center type pharmacy job and have been taking these (highschool diploma) geared jobs for 3 years since I graduated with a bachelor's of science in biochemistry. I can't get a laboratory job for anything. I can't get a job that actually requires a degree lol.

These call center pharmacy jobs are high turnover and you have to be quick at data entry. They want 2min on a per call 100 calls a day 100 forms filled out a day while on calls kind of thing. Overall, I'm not fast at that sort of thing and I'm not good at it but it's basically the only jobs I can get in my state and I can't move states right now.

Anyway, I got laid off without notice working OT one night a month and 12 days ago. I was able to get assistance until I find something else.

The thing is I've been learning code to try and make a career switch into something with better pay and opportunities. I've learned html, CSS, and learning JavaScript now while I have time.

I've still been applying for cruddy pharmacy jobs and lab jobs( which I'll never get) while doing this. The thing is there are a couple things I could do that would probably get me a Pharmacy job fast but it would be in the worst area of pharmacy and the pay is terrible. Also I will probably get fired for low productivity within a few months since that's how those jobs are. It's hire and fire. I've been working those jobs three years and it's been like that at every place. Hire an fire.

Basically, though I'm using this time to make a career switch, the pressure is building on me to get a job asap. Not because of money (I'm kind of fine with that right now) but it's because my bf and mom and sister and Grandpa. My bf especially. He was unemployed for 3 months and never held a full-time job as long as I
Did, but recently got a full-time mechanic job working long hours.

He makes jokes about me now that I'm the one without a job and he has one and it really gets under my skin so much that I'm ready to just take another bad job just to make him hush. The scary thing is if I do that I could lose money and just get fired anyway since I already know I cant meet call center stats.

I just don't like being called lazy or anything of a such even in joking when I went to school took a hard subject, interned 25 hours a week, and worked terrible under paid jobs for 3 years after. It's pride. I also wake up every morning cook my bf breakfast, clean, and I've done the grocery shopping, and I've been cooking the dinners.

He still had the nerve to make jokes about my unemployment situation.

Not just him but my family acts like any job is better than no job. And honestly if I didn't have money, a place to stay, and haven't been doing that for 3 years already I'd agree. But seriously working bad jobs has gotten me nowhere. It's caused me to struggle making time for anything else and even get made fun of by employers for trying to go back to my field after working low grade jobs for so long.

This rage I feel at lazy people who lucked out and are now trying to treat me like I'm lazy frustrates me.

Starting to wonder if I should just give in get whatever I can and just try for something better even if it takes years. Still the fear of losing money and time makes me not want to do that either.