Visit site
✟483,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Care Portal is computer network that connects churches to the needs of families within the child welfare system. Specific needs are listed on the network and then churches have an opportunity to provide the needed funds or items requested. Here’s a link to their Open Request page.

Does anyone know of any other programs like this that use the Internet to connect those in need with those who have the resources to provide assistance?

What do you think about this kind of service?

I think we need more resources like this to connect those in need with those willing and able to help?

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Care Portal is computer network that connects churches to the needs of families within the child welfare system. Specific needs are listed on the network and then churches have an opportunity to provide the needed funds or items requested. Here’s a link to their Open Request page.

Does anyone know of any other programs like this that use the Internet to connect those in need with those who have the resources to provide assistance?

What do you think about this kind of service?

I think we need more resources like this to connect those in need with those willing and able to help?
I used to counsel people looking for jobs. I taught them how to use the advanced features of Indeed.com. They were poor and used the Jobs Ministry computers. People who want to do volunteer work might contact Habitat for Humanity. The blood banks need volunteer donors. Some homeless shelters and soup kitchens will accept food donations. A local food pantry only had enough food donations to give people a bag of groceries once a month. I took food there and talked to the staff. People without cars can not get to there. There is Meals on Wheels for the elderly and the handicapped. I think they had their funding cut back. There are waiting lists for homeless shelter beds all over the nation. They only provide temporary shelter.

Upvote 0