Cardinal Schönborn hangs gigantic purple female sweater in Vienna cathedral for Lent

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Somebody wants female clergy. But I haven't read the article.

By the way, how do you know if a sweater is female? Do you have to flip it over like a crab?
I was wondering the same. Lol! There is a pic of it. It does lean more towards the feminine side in style imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering the same. Lol! There is a pic of it. It does lean more towards the feminine side in style imo.

Isn't purple a Catholic vestment color? Vestment colored women's garb hanging in a cathedral...

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't purple a Catholic vestment color? Vestment colored women's garb hanging in a cathedral...
Yes it is. The “artist” that did it is known to be a bit controversial so no surprise here if that’s the intent.

Reactions: HTacianas
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In most organizations in the world, structures exist for the removal of individuals in high positions, if the individual has begun displaying signs of senility, dementia, or other forms of mental illness that preclude the individual from continuing on in his office, in order to prevent damage to the institution, the individual himself, or other people.

It's clearly obvious that Cardinal Schönborn has boarded the Little Red Choo-Choo to La-La Land quite some time ago, but Pope Pachamama refused to let him retire when he reached age 75 last January (in violation of standing Church procedure, by the way). Ostensibly, the reason is that Francis hasn't been able to dig up another trapeze artist to replace Schönborn in the Big Top, but maybe it's simply that the Holy See is running out of elderly used car dealers now that the Pepsi Generation is passing on to their reward, and it's getting harder to find these brain-experimented alien abductees to appoint to archbishoprics.

All snide humor aside, the fact is that this man should have been put out out to pasture a long time ago. He reminds me of Rembert Weakland, who ran the archdiocese of Milwaukee like a rainbow clown with a big hammer. For whatever reason, nothing was ever done about him, either, even while he was desecrating the insides of churches and caterwauling about the lack of "liturgical dance" in Catholic services. He was allowed to retire at age 75, though, so that was plus, even though the retirement was hastened by the fact that news had come out about Weakland and his homosexual lover, along with the sex ring that he operated among the Milwaukee clergy.

I'm not sure where all of this nonsense has been leading over the last 60 years or so----the "Spirit of Vatican II", with its ruination of church interiors and hideous music, the sexual abuse flood of the early 2000's, and the current crop of vaudevillianism---but it's getting extremely tiresome, to say the least.

Upvote 0