Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We are watching a crucifixion as we speak. I truly believe that. And I am guilty of believing the accusers before the accused. ( I have my own reasons)
Of the many cases made public, some I have no difficulty believing that the guy was guilty as sin (like McCarrick), some I still cannot figure out (like Nienstedt), and some I just cannot accept as guilty (like Pell).
... but this so-called trial was a farce. He was just the unfortunate figure to crucify. I believe the man is innocent.
A definite farce.
And I pray that comes to light.
That may depend on Oceania's MiniTrue (in newspeak) not having a tight enough control on inconvenient truths that will eventually leak out.
There us a big trend of playing to the audience's narrative anymore regardless of truth. I believe this is a prime example.
This is the absolutely most scary part of this whole mess. Justice is less important than some politico-social goofiness that seems to rule the world now.
Lord have mercy on Cardinal Pell.
Indeed.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I agree and I think it is because of his actions so the darkness struck back.
He tried to clean up finances in the Vatican. That made some real enemies. The financial mess is apparently still there and Pell is in prison.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I just pray he can be released sooner than later. I really dread reading something where he dies in prison. Lord have mercy.
He will die more free in prison than most people walking the streets. His treatment is rude, but he has a chance to be a hermit now, and that may be a blessing for him. At least I hope and pray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Considering how dodgy the Vatican turns out to have been in recent years about sex abusers they may feel the need to balance their books by throwing the book at Pell. I almost suspect he will get the McCarrick treatment, at least the part where he is removed from being a cardinal, bishop, and priest. Would that they bothered to care about some obvious scandals and actually cleaned house, and before the Media got the stories.

It's a year after the Vigano revelations and still crickets.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the crickets are going to continue obviously.
Considering how dodgy the Vatican turns out to have been in recent years about sex abusers they may feel the need to balance their books by throwing the book at Pell. I almost suspect he will get the McCarrick treatment, at least the part where he is removed from being a cardinal, bishop, and priest. Would that they bothered to care about some obvious scandals and actually cleaned house, and before the Media got the stories.

It's a year after the Vigano revelations and still crickets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm glad he is doing this, but then again their highest court acts like our Supreme Court in that they take the cases they want to and leave the rest stand. Maybe they take his case and maybe they don't. For the sake of Australia I hope they take it and find for Pell.

My bucket list had a visit to the Great Barrier Reef. Now I think of how even I could be convicted by the say-so of any one person without physical evidence and without corroboration. Kind of reminds me how in some parts of the USA a black man could be convicted merely by the say-so of a white. Not very safe.

I remember my jury duty, where I had to find a dirty crook innocent because it was only the word of one policeman who couldn't even keep his story straight. In Australia I could have found her guilty even with the sloppy police work because the say-so of one person can convict a person with no other evidence. Anyhow, I felt terrible letting a person go who I thought guilty. But the guilt was not proven. I couldn't do anything else.

It's not for nothing that the Biblical standard is two witnesses. We can adapt that to a witness and physical evidence. It's crazy not to require some corroboration. Which is a big part of the dissenting vote of the appellate court.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What I really don't get is when people say well when the legal system speaks we have to accept it as true. Really... I think the early church would have something to say about that

• Agree
Upvote 0