Cardinal George: no Catholic hospitals in 2 years unless HHS mandate is rescinded

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you angry and upset that people who earn six figure salaries shop at these stores? After all people buy brand new clothes and donate them (well they are actually more likely stolen goods but thats another topic!) and wealthy people know that and buy stuff from op shops because it is cheap. So much for helping the needy!
You apparently are not aware that the thrift stores of the Salvation Army don't care who buys the clothes, because the cheap clothes aren't for the needy. The sale of those clothes to whoever goes to the Adult Rehabilitation Center in those areas that treats men and women for alcohol and substance abuse. The income from the stores it what funds the program, since the ARCs don't accept government money. It is 100% funded through the thrift store network. The treatment these clients receive is worth about $26,000 every six months. If not for the "rich people" who buy the clothes -- and electronics and furniture, and tools -- the treatment wouldn't be available. As for other varieties of thrift stores, I can't speak to that. But I know how the Army works.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you don't think the same kind of thing happens in these other groups you are deceiving yourself. i have seen first hand how it does.
What gave you the idea that I didn't believe that this happens. What that incident showed that the officers of the Salvation army in several locations misused donations. Do you believe that it is okay? Are we to turn our backs when sin is revealed by our brethren or do we deal with the sin?
Are you angry and upset that people who earn six figure salaries shop at these stores?
Why should I be?:confused: The Salvation Army uses the money from the sales to provide help for the needy. That seems to be a silly question.:doh:

After all people buy brand new clothes and donate them (well they are actually more likely stolen goods but thats another topic!) and wealthy people know that and buy stuff from op shops because it is cheap. So much for helping the needy!
You don't seem to know how the process works. Imagine that.:sorry:

So it is double standards! you stopped supporting one charity because of one bad experience but when someone points to one connected to your denomination then it is a case of well there are bad people everywhere.
The key, since it appears that you lack the ability to understand simple concepts, is that since I knew of the corruption which existed in the local SA, I instead started donating to other places which I knew of no corruption in. Was there some in the places that I began using? maybe but I was unaware of any.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Upvote 0

John Stefanyszyn

Feb 28, 2011
✟670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
re.: "Cardinal George: no Catholic hospitals in 2 years unless HHS mandate is rescinded"

It seems that Mr. George's love for his and the church's belief in freedom of religion and self-rights is greater than his love for the fellow man...since he is willing to deny hospitals and care to the public for the sake of one's self rights.
...I guess the money given to the church for the hospitals will instead be used to pay the lawyers and their legal fees.

Why did he not instead confess the Christ as the One and Only True Way, within which there is no love for others and society in chemically preventing new life?
....I guess that this approach cannot be defended in court by the catholic lawyers since the declaration of Christ as the One and Only True Way of Life is not in the constitution of freedom of rights and of all religions.

What is even more hypocritical is that this belief that the roman general church embraces also dictates that all "religions" are equal in validity, existence, and worship...one as much as the other .
....They are thus embracing a belief and way of life which also dictates that there is not One True Preeminent Creator...it thus also denies that Christ is the One and Only Way of Life to this Creator Father.

This way of life places itself above the True God and His Christ as being the universal way of life of knowing and justifying what is right (good & evil)....embracing the priority & desire to serve oneself, one's self-rights...which is advanced today as freedom of rights, human rights, universal values.

...it seems it is too much for Mr. George to give up one's self-rights in order to do good to one's enemy.

Actions speak truer than one's words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actions speak truer than one's words.
Yes, and your actions show that you are lost.:lost:

The one who leads you to make all of your false accusations is not the Spirit of God. The great deceiver has caught your ear.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You apparently are not aware that the thrift stores of the Salvation Army don't care who buys the clothes, because the cheap clothes aren't for the needy. The sale of those clothes to whoever goes to the Adult Rehabilitation Center in those areas that treats men and women for alcohol and substance abuse. The income from the stores it what funds the program, since the ARCs don't accept government money. It is 100% funded through the thrift store network. The treatment these clients receive is worth about $26,000 every six months. If not for the "rich people" who buy the clothes -- and electronics and furniture, and tools -- the treatment wouldn't be available. As for other varieties of thrift stores, I can't speak to that. But I know how the Army works.
guess things operate slightly differently in the US. I have been involved in the thrift stores and the rehab side of things and am well aware of how they work.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, I've been associating with you for a while now.:p
152173.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nerves. The referees were pretty lax in calling fouls on the upstart too, but referees should never be an excuse for losing a game.
They and Duke hurt my brackets but I think they hurt a lot of people's.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They and Duke hurt my brackets but I think they hurt a lot of people's.
Ya know, we get to call on UK and they on us starting next year. And I don't suppose you want to talk about football, where visit us on homecoming, do yah?

As to this year, I'm not sure how much Mizzou leaving the Big 12 affected the way they were refereed. Don't suppose you saw the Kansas game at Mizzou, did you? KU's Taylor hit a seven-footer as time expired in regulation, trailing by three. No one near him. Called a foul anyway. The Big 12 didn't want Mizzou leaving with two trophies, the regular season and the tournament. It'll be interesting to see how the baseball season goes. They're 11-5 and just outside the top 25 but haven't played a Big 12 team.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ya know, we get to call on UK and they on us starting next year. And I don't suppose you want to talk about football, where visit us on homecoming, do yah?
What? And let you give me a smack down. We just dropped a little down into the basement. Maybe we can "Winby" a Missouri "surrender";)
It'll be interesting to see how the baseball season goes. They're 11-5 and just outside the top 25 but haven't played a Big 12 team.
UK is 19-0 so far in baseball and just beat #2 So. Carolina but the SEC is the best conference in baseball, so it won't take long for the losses to start mounting.

Upvote 0