Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You only have to show that you are so wrapped up in your beliefs that you are willing to say whatever you want, and that's what Rush does. He lied when he suggested a link between Bane and Bain, and also lied when he said Bane was "actually like an OWS protester."

So the guy who created the character lied when he said Bane and his group were like OWS? :mmh:

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So ... by your standards, Rush is not allowed hyperbole ... or any mis-statements. Does that standard apply to the mainstream media as well? Does it apply to Obama? Does it apply to the Congressional Black Caucus? Does it apply to CAIR?

Help me out here, BleedingHeart. Inquiring minds need to know. :cool:

We'll hold you to your own standard in the future, BTW. Just so ya know. ;)

Okay, I get it. Obama lies, it's just a lie. When Rush Limbaugh lies, it's just a misstatement, it's just hyperbole. Got it. Cool.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I get it. Obama lies, it's just a lie. When Rush Limbaugh lies, it's just a misstatement, it's just hyperbole. Got it. Cool.
LOL ... nice dodge from answering the questions. :p

Any chance you ever did wrestling? :confused:

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OK ... so, you're still working on he questions? :confused:

Don't see the point. This already mirrors a conservation I had about Bill Maher vs Ann Coulter and Rush, and that one was pointless too.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Don't see the point. This already mirrors a conservation I had about Bill Maher vs Ann Coulter and Rush, and that one was pointless too.
So, you're just Rush bashing ... and feel no need to substantiate what you claim? :confused:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I perfectly substantiated the claim that Rush lied. You just aren't listening. Again.
Ahh ... moving the goal posts again. The claim was about continual mis-statements. There's been no evidence presented of that. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
By you maybe.

Hawk, that was your claim!
LOL ... not mine ... Illuminaughty's.
I used to listen to Rush on a daily basis back in the day too. He can be entertaining. Just don't trust anything you hear come of out of his mouth.
Illuminaughty apparently knows better than to defend the indefensible ... so you picked up that torch. ;)

And ... now, you've abandoned the claim too? :confused:

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I did defend my statement. I posted this remember:

Last time I listened to Rush he was talking about Obamacare. He said we could see Republicans being denied services and getting second class treatment to Democrats. he laughed after saying it which made me think he was only half serious. Only problem is that his dittohead callers took him seriously and kept complaining about this outrage. He of course refused to tell them the whole idea was nonsense. This way he gets the conspiracy theory out there but still has plausible deniability because he can point to the fact that he laughed after having said it.

You can't trust a demagogue like that.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I did defend my statement. I posted this remember:

Last time I listened to Rush he was talking about Obamacare. He said we could see Republicans being denied services and getting second class treatment to Democrats. he laughed after saying it which made me think he was only half serious. Only problem is that his dittohead callers took him seriously and kept complaining about this outrage. He of course refused to tell them the whole idea was nonsense. This way he gets the conspiracy theory out there but still has plausible deniability because he can point to the fact that he laughed after having said it.

You can't trust a demagogue like that.
Sigh ... is that the best ya got? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL ... not mine ... Illuminaughty's.

Illuminaughty apparently knows better than to defend the indefensible ... so you picked up that torch. ;)

And ... now, you've abandoned the claim too? :confused:

He said he didn't trust Rush. He never said anything specific about how often he thought Rush lied.

And I haven't picked up his torch either. I just said that Rush has lied blatantly in the past in order to make his point and that therefore Illum shouldn't waste his time.

You asked for lies. I gave some of his lies to you. You said "oh those are just misstatements, that's just hyperbole."

At that point I didn't care.

I had the same issue with another guy a couple pages back, talking about how crude Bill Maher is and how not crude Rush and Coulter are. When I pointed out crude things Rush and Coulter had said, he shrugged his shoulders and essentially said it didn't count. That's the short version.
I really don't care for the same headache here.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
:wave:Hi NightHawkeye,

I notice you didn't actually refute anything in the post.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
LOL ... I didn't offer a refutation because I thought it wasn't needed.

But, since you insist. Apparently, neither you nor Illuminaughty understand SATIRE. Perhaps an explanation from Wikipedia will help: Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement. Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant" —but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

Satire is nowadays found in many artistic forms of expression, including literature, plays, commentary, and media such as
... Rush Limbaugh.

Once again, just for emphasis ... S-A-T-I-R-E.

You're welcome. :cool:

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He didn't correct his listeners on that. He never said "you are misunderstanding me it's not literally true it was just satire" even when they were taking it quite literally. These people were scared that they might not get health care that was as good as a Democrat would get. Some elderly lady called in for example and she seemed genuinely worried that she would have her health needs ignored because she wasn't a Democrat. If you are an influential opinion setter doing satire and people totally "misunderstand" you and take it literally you have a duty to tell them you didn't mean it that way. The thing is I think he wanted people to "misunderstand" him and he knew that more credulous dittoheads would. That way he gets the conspiracy theory out there and can still try absolve himself of guilt in that regard by later saying "hey it was just satire." ::wink wink::

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He didn't correct his listeners on that. He never said "you are misunderstanding me it's not literally true it was just satire" even when they were taking it quite literally. These people were scared that they might not get health care that was as good as a Democrat would get. Some elderly lady called in for example and she seemed genuinely worried that she would have her health needs ignored because she wasn't a Democrat. If you are an influential opinion setter doing satire and people totally "misunderstand" you and take it literally you have a duty to tell them you didn't mean it that way. The thing is I think he wanted people to "misunderstand" him and he knew that more credulous dittoheads would. That way he gets the conspiracy theory out there and can still try absolve himself of guilt in that regard by later saying "hey it was just satire." ::wink wink::
Thanks for convincing me that Rush was literally right. :thumbsup:

In the USSR it was well-known that communist party members got favored treatment. It's fairly well established that Obama plays favorites. He "rewards his friends and punishes his enemies". Those are his own words ... in an unguarded moment.

Perhaps Rush merely used satire as cover for exposing the sad unblemished TRUTH about the real nature of Obama's cronyism. ^_^

Upvote 0