• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Car accident Pain

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really starting to worry about how the car accident Pain will affect me as far as jobs and everything else. I have been going to a chiropractor, head pain has been getting considerably worse.

My eyes and ears seem very sensitive I have even less patience for dealing with people and noise. Side conversation and crowds make me angry cause it's too much stimulation at once. Like really really angry where I want to scream at people to shut up. I have been doing call center work for a while and since the accident I have been going back and forth to Drs appointments and have only been doing half days for about a week now.

It's hard even doing half days. I have to wear the headset and it's painful. At the same time I'm dealing with loss of voice and breathing issues.

I'm discouraged. I have to interact with people socially and on top of social anxiety and other health issues this pain makes it even harder to deal with people.

As I type I'm currently sitting in an office waiting for my boyfriend and it's full of people and it's driving me nuts. I don't even work here and it's making me crazy.

I'm thinking of finding something else to do that doesn't involve people and loud noises until I get the developer job I want. Just not sure what that is when now I feel motion sick all the time and have to take ibuprofen constantly. I'll be getting injections soon for head pain so hopefully that helps but the whole treatment is taking like 2 months.

Btw...I guess it's not just me though. This guy next to me just said it got quiet all the sudden, I like it, when all the people left LOL.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really starting to worry about how the car accident Pain will affect me as far as jobs and everything else. I have been going to a chiropractor, head pain has been getting considerably worse.

My eyes and ears seem very sensitive I have even less patience for dealing with people and noise. Side conversation and crowds make me angry cause it's too much stimulation at once. Like really really angry where I want to scream at people to shut up. I have been doing call center work for a while and since the accident I have been going back and forth to Drs appointments and have only been doing half days for about a week now.

It's hard even doing half days. I have to wear the headset and it's painful. At the same time I'm dealing with loss of voice and breathing issues.

I'm discouraged. I have to interact with people socially and on top of social anxiety and other health issues this pain makes it even harder to deal with people.

As I type I'm currently sitting in an office waiting for my boyfriend and it's full of people and it's driving me nuts. I don't even work here and it's making me crazy.

I'm thinking of finding something else to do that doesn't involve people and loud noises until I get the developer job I want. Just not sure what that is when now I feel motion sick all the time and have to take ibuprofen constantly. I'll be getting injections soon for head pain so hopefully that helps but the whole treatment is taking like 2 months.

Btw...I guess it's not just me though. This guy next to me just said it got quiet all the sudden, I like it, when all the people left LOL.
could it be stress hormone, cortisol?

No matter what is causing it, praying for you, just thought as I read some of it that it sounded a lot like cortisol. I've been fighting non stop pain for about 6 years now, it isn't fun that is for sure. Mine was triggered by out of control cortisol so I am kind of familiar with it.

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord, I lift up Angeleyes in prayer, I pray for her quick recovery with no lasting effects, guide her footsteps in everything she does, open doors for her in the future, all for Your glory, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Have you seen a doctor? A chiropractor isn't enough. My sister was seeing one after a car accident. It turned out that she wasn't feeling better so she went to a doctor. The pain in her back was from cancer. She passed away at age forty-five.

Maybe you can get disability from Social Security. Have you considered that?

I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
They did the MRI the other day and it's just feel like I get no reprieve. I get that the world still turns and I gotta make money but it's like I just had a few traumatic life events and it feels like no one really cares. There is really no time for breaks, rest, any of it. Ive basically just gotta work in extreme pain and take pain pills and motion sickness pills all the time.

It's the stress of society, boyfriend, and family expecting me to put my 9-5 first in my life combined with the never ending wage slavery that doesn't end even when your life gets hectic. I feel like I'm supposed to be a robotic butt in a chair with no life and no problems. It never seems to end. I was admitted to the hospital for suicidal behaviors months ago and I came out the next day and went to work because in America my job and money is more important than my life or health.

I don't feel like I have a choice.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They did the MRI the other day and it's just feel like I get no reprieve. I get that the world still turns and I gotta make money but it's like I just had a few traumatic life events and it feels like no one really cares. There is really no time for breaks, rest, any of it. Ive basically just gotta work in extreme pain and take pain pills and motion sickness pills all the time.

It's the stress of society, boyfriend, and family expecting me to put my 9-5 first in my life combined with the never ending wage slavery that doesn't end even when your life gets hectic. I feel like I'm supposed to be a robotic butt in a chair with no life and no problems. It never seems to end. I was admitted to the hospital for suicidal behaviors months ago and I came out the next day and went to work because in America my job and money is more important than my life or health.

I don't feel like I have a choice.
I have felt the same way...now I can't work no matter what. You are not alone. May you find strength in our Lord and courage for the new day. May you find rest in trusting God even when it seems the dumbest thing in the world to do.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have felt the same way...now I can't work no matter what. You are not alone. May you find strength in our Lord and courage for the new day. May you find rest in trusting God even when it seems the dumbest thing in the world to do.
Good thoughts from someone who knows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums