Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Strictly speaking, not many truly 'conservative' people I personally know are actually pro-rioters or even pro-trump. (many conservatives I know are not pro-Trump at all)

Instead, strictly speaking that agenda isn't entirely trying to conserve the American way of the last 50 years, or even every part of the U.S. Constitution really, but is instead has some radical pieces: includes an aim is to radically change things. We probably should not label that grouping 'conservative'.

Conservative: (in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

For instance, Florida Governor DeSantis has worked to usurp the right of private businesses like Disney and Cruise Ship Lines to run their own business their own way and require vaccinations from employees.

A truly conservative attitude would be that businesses should be able to run their own operations in their own ways, and have the right to have requirements of their employees, such as vaccinations.

I'm always impressed by the argument that Conservatives are shameful for doing something that Liberals do routinely and pride themselves on doing it.

Maybe "impressed" isn't the best word for it, but oh well.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Of course we do NOT know that, and it's because the alleged winners of the 2020 election have moved Heaven and Earth to prevent the investigation that would settle the matter...and settle it for the people who currently think that the election was stolen as well.

You'd think that if the people who agree with you are as confident about the matter as they say, they'd be the first ones to want to put the matter to rest by showing conclusive evidence from audits that the election was fair. And then they could throw it in the faces of all doubters. But, guess what? They don't!
Here we are. We have another election denier.

But at least I understand your point of view. You believe the election was 'unfair' because Trump lost.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Of course we do NOT know that, and it's because the winners of the 2020 election have moved Heaven and Earth to prevent the investigation that would settle the matter...and settle it for the people who currently think that the election was stolen as well.

You'd think that if the people who agree with you are as confident about the matter as they say, they'd be the first ones to want to put the matter to rest by showing conclusive evidence from audits that the election was fair. But guess what? They aren't!
How many audits; how many challenges; how many dismiss court cases will it take for you to have a reasonable response?

DOZENS of 2020 election audits
What, 13 Benghazi committee showing nothing.

What is it about republicans not responding to what evidence shows? What keeps you all from thinking you may be misinformed or wrong when there is SOOO MUCH evidence suggesting you are?

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course we do NOT know that, and it's because the alleged winners of the 2020 election have moved Heaven and Earth to prevent the investigation that would settle the matter...
I knew for a fact that Trump was lying, because he said if he wins it's not rigged, but if he loses it's rigged. That's cynicism, a negative prejudice, and it's hypocrisy. You can't see that?

And I know he's projecting this self-fulfilling, cynical hypocrisy, because he pressured Georgias secretary of state to find him enough votes to be declared the winner. You can't see that?

Trumpism is clearly about a self-serving narcissist who gets off on not only getting people to buy his garbage of superiority over all others, but even getting them to thank him for doing it. Well speak of the devil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here we are. We have another election denier. .

Wow. Not only didn't I say that, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter in the least whether I am one or not.

That's because it's all about what fits the chosen narrative, right? Just like the whole "insurrection," "overthrow the government" story line.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm always impressed by the argument that Conservatives are shameful for doing something that Liberals do routinely and pride themselves on doing it.
And yet y'all are soooooooo poor at providing reasonable, rational evidence that Liberals actually do those things

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How many audits; how many challenges; how many dismiss court cases will it take for you to have a reasonable response?

DOZENS of 2020 election audits
What, 13 Benghazi committee showing nothing.

What is it about republicans not responding to what evidence shows? What keeps you all from thinking you may be misinformed or wrong when there is SOOO MUCH evidence suggesting you are?

Don't you get it? They are ALL in league with the democrats against Trump! Every single one, including the judges Trump appointed! They were all bought off!

I suspect Soros as the money-man :)

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Wow. Not only didn't I say that, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter in the least whether I am one or not.
So I'm only a teacher and I've only spoken English for 44 years; I also lived abroad in a nonEnglish speaking country for a decent chunk of my 30s; maybe that's why I'm so confused by this post.

I'm hoping you can help me understand, by using clear English words (or Hangul lettering if that's easier for you) how:

"Of course we do NOT know that" In response to the comment: "We know for a fact, the election was not stolen."

can REASONABLY, and RATIONALLY not mean that you are an "election denier" (a term I have never heard but you seem familiar with).

"Waiting until more evidence is in that the process was fair" is NOT a reasonable and rational answer. If that truly is your position, you will not be swayed because you are getting played and Republican politicians KNOW that. They will continue to ENCOURAGE questioning it and sowing doubt because the Republican long game is to get rid of democracy.

Given the steps they've taken recently to make voting more difficult (at least for minorities and poor people), I don't see that can be questioned. Not only that, their base is not openly ADVOCATING for these changes to make voting harder:
But the most troubling results came from a question about the party’s best strategy for winning in 2022 and 2024. If you were consulting for the party, respondents were asked, would you focus on developing a message and “popular policies and ideas” to win over more voters? Or would you prioritize changes to the voting rules in states and districts?
A whopping 47 percent chose the latter option. In other words, nearly half of those who still identify as Republicans appear to have given up on a key premise of democracy: that you earn the right to govern by proposing ideas that appeal to a majority of the public. They’d prefer to short-circuit that process and, instead, make it harder for their opponents to vote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/17/republicans-are-sprinting-away-democracy/
To say nothing of Greene's money quote this week (paraphrase) saying that Democrats who move to Red states should have their right to vote temporarily suspended.

Republicans who think that way are nasty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

That's because it's all about what fits the chosen narrative, right? Just like the whole "insurrection," "overthrow the government" story line.

You should know by now that unless you completely agree with woke liberalism 100% then you're automatically an election denier, an anti-vaxxer, insurrectionist, transphobic, white nationalist (even if you're black), racist, climate change denier, terrorist (especially if you're a parent), and whatever other label they desire to pin upon you regardless of whether or not any or all of them are actually true.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You should know by now that unless you completely agree with woke liberalism 100% then you're automatically an election denier, an anti-vaxxer, insurrectionist, transphobic, white nationalist (even if you're black), racist, climate change denier, terrorist (especially if you're a parent), and whatever other label they desire to pin upon you regardless of whether or not any or all of them are actually true.
Well said!

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What does this all have to do with comparing Jews in gas chambers to people who broke the law and are being held responsible?

Are you shedding your "Berniebro" label so completely that they are donning the Imperial Republican garb of "I shouldn't be held responsible for anything I do"?

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Well I am glad to hear that you know that Biden won fair and square, and is the legitimate POTUS.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Strictly speaking, not many truly 'conservative' people I personally know are actually pro-rioters or even pro-trump. (many conservatives I know are not pro-Trump at all)

Instead, strictly speaking the agenda of pro-Trumpers isn't entirely trying to conserve the American way of the last 50 years, or even every part of the U.S. Constitution.

Instead, it includes an aim is to radically change things. We probably should not label that grouping 'conservative'.

Conservative: (in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

For instance, Florida Governor DeSantis has worked to usurp the right of private businesses like Disney and Cruise Ship Lines to run their own business their own way and require vaccinations from employees.

A truly conservative attitude would be that businesses should be able to run their own operations in their own ways, and have the right to have requirements of their employees, such as vaccinations.
I understand what you're saying but I don't believe the "conservatives" you describe exist in significant numbers anymore. The conservatives have shifted so far to the radical right wing that they are all but unrecognizable to traditional conservatives. The conservatives of today would consider Ike to be a liberal. This thread is about such a modern-day conservative, a person along the lines of Marjorie Taylor-Greene.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I guess in her twisted mind kristallnacht was when the Jews in Germany went out and broke all the windows!

It is also frightening that she seems to think that everyone has to understand her feelings when she has broken teh law and caused destruction. Perhaps she does not understand that the consequences she faces are because of her actions, not her political position.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what? I wanted to give you a fair hearing,
That's a noble concept and would be a first. So how did that turn out? Didn't happen...

mainly because you avoided some of the extreme ravings that often go with the rehashing of claims about Trump's help in arranging an insurrection last year, blah blah blah.
????
Proper English, please.

So how did my look at the matter turn out? As soon as I started to read the links provided, my eyes fell upon the claim, apparently made with all seriousness, that we as a country had come close to losing our democracy on January 6. Yes, seriously. That's what it said.

So, maybe you can appreciate that "conservatives" have not spoken out as much as you think they should have BECAUSE they are weary of people who want to create a crisis where there wasn't one. And because nothing that they can say or have said will get those who want to ride January 6 to a victory in the 2022 elections to stop saying that conservatives have been silent, etc.

Having said that, they absolutely don't sympathize with the demonstrations of last year and have said so (yes, I have heard this from conservative after conservative even if you haven't). But they didn't also buy into the hyped-up and absurd claims that always are added into the story by "progressives."
Your claim is so far from the facts on several points that it almost doesn't merit any reply, but I decided to mention only a part of the disinformation now being served up in eager anticipation of the anniversary of January 6.
This thread is about Capitol rioter Jenna Ryan. If you'd like to discuss a phrase in the article and that you are incredulous about it then do feel free to start a thread on that. Please stop trying to derail this thread.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She apparently has to pay $1500 and spend 2 months in a federal prison for "parading" in the Capitol building.

Anyone who calls that a light sentence cannot be taken seriously, especially after the burning and pillaging of Seattle and Portland wasn't deemed sufficient to have those people charged with anything!
For what she did that is an extremely light sentence. Her white privilege still prevailed to some extent. Anyone who thinks that is not a light sentence in view of what she's done cannot be taken seriously, especially after the gruesomely violent attack on our Nation's Capitol and the police and servicepeople who defended it and the violence and injuries they suffered went largely unpunished!

As for your claims about Seattle - thanks for your speculation but none, note one word, of what you said is true at all.

• Useful
Reactions: Kettriken
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one is saying Trump helped in arranging an insurrection. They're saying his lie that the election was stolen, was the impetus.
By telling his supporters this. He sure did.
And we fight. We fight like hell And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For what she did that is an extremely light sentence. Her white privilege still prevailed to some extent. Anyone who thinks that is not a light sentence in view of what she's done cannot be taken seriously, especially after the gruesomely violent attack on our Nation's Capitol and the police and servicepeople who defended it and the violence and injuries they suffered went largely unpunished!

She got her charges for the entry into the Capitol, but here sentence is mostly due to her lack of repentance and continued belief that what happened was a good thing.

From her documents, she committed no acts of violence or even encouraged violence by others. In the large universe of actions on that day, her charge and plea were appropriate.

Her failure to accept that she did anything wrong is the entire source of her sentence. If she'd been repentant and agreed that what she did was wrong and harmful, she'd probably gotten probation.

One might hope a couple months of drab walls, a lack of freedom and privacy, and bland meals would cure her of this attitude problem, but I do not hold any hope of it.

Expect her memoir "Prisoner in Biden's Gulag" to drop at the end of the year.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Capitol rioter compares attacks on her to treatment of ‘Jews in Germany’ (yahoo.com)

Capitol rioter Jenna Ryan speaks out before federal prison sentence (today.com)

From the article:

No, we have an idea what her beliefs are. A very good idea, in fact, based on what she herself has broadcasted to the world.

If you don't want to be seen as a caricature then don't put yourself out there as one.

And of course, what can I even say about the "Jews in Germany" remark - it just says it all about her victim mentality. She feels as though being held responsible for her own actions and words makes her a victim of persecution exactly how a Jew in Germany would be thrown into a concentration camp and tortured until killed. This is what this woman thinks. And the worst thing about this is that she even KNOWS that it is wrong to compare herself to the victims of the Holocaust because she goes on to acknowledge that she doesn't want to repeat it and that she knows others have also been criticized for saying it.

Why is nobody on the conservative side calling for accountability and responsibility on her part? Why is every conservative silent about this woman's attitude and behavior? I can only surmise it's because they empathize and relate to her and her mindset. Perhaps I'm wrong - someone can feel free to show me where my conclusion is wrong.

The second link above is her interview on the TODAY show this morning. She certainly seems regretful, but not for what she did so much as for being caught and being held accountable. She brought her prison sentence upon herself in so many ways and on so many levels.

Sadly and quite pathetically she says in that interview "I wish people would change their minds and love me". I pray for her that she turns to Jesus so that His Love can fill the void in her soul and help her repent and change from her foolish and self-destructive ways.

Presuming she is convicted, I propose that she be required to perform community service at the Holocaust Museum as part of her sentencing.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By telling his supporters this. He sure did.
Yes I see that. I'm arguing that the semantics of the term 'arranging', hinge on it being a moral or immoral impetus.

The big lie must be seen as an immorality, so that the arranging of the event on Jan. 6 is something bad to begin with. There's no logic in saying that Democrats are accusing Trump of arranging an insurrection, if the Jan. 6th event was a just cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0