Visit site
✟14,344.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
here's what I start of by telling everyone, but I'm not sure how well it will work for this problem: try clearing your browser cache. That may or may not work but it's the best idea I have as far as a client-side solution. Otherwise it may be something on the server-side and an admin will have to help you out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apricot

Ye shall know them by their fruits . . .
Mar 9, 2005
Half Moon Bay
✟9,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot change my avatar. I can easily upload it to photobucket, but here it says, "invalid file," which it is not. It is a bit smaller than the requirements, so it isn't "too large" of a file. I don't like the Living Avatar and tried to take that off, and just put a regular default type. The Living Avatars are not done well, so therefore look a mess. It sounds like this problem has been ongoing for months. Too bad. I was hoping most of the problems with this site had improved from the old one. At least things were kept up in a fashion with that one. So what changed...

Upvote 0

icarusforde

I'm really good at breaking things.
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
New Zealand
✟173,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Apricot - the site techs are stupidly busy at this point in time trying to iron out both of the issues above, and they cant do everything at once, k?

The avatar issue is being worked on, and it's on top of the list right now. The living avatars are being cleaned up as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a look to see if my living avatar would work yet and it still doesn't, so I thought I'd put back the pic I was using for my avatar in teh meantime, and now it won't go back, either...just says invalid file.

Upvote 0

icarusforde

I'm really good at breaking things.
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
New Zealand
✟173,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had a look to see if my living avatar would work yet and it still doesn't, so I thought I'd put back the pic I was using for my avatar in teh meantime, and now it won't go back, either...just says invalid file.
Yeah, thats the problems that we are having. It's being worked on, thats for sure. :)

Sorry i cant be of more help. :(

Upvote 0