• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can't take one more day

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand this feeling... All o can say is wait it out. If I had truly just given up when I was stuck in those hotels...I wouldn't be where I am today..in a better place... Not exactly where I want to be.. But its better than where I was.

Its only a fact of life that...well, life isn't fair. Some people just don't need to try hard to be successful...and others have to put in 120% just achieve the same things.

My favorite youtubers said that were in a boxing ring with a 6ft giant called life... You just have to decide to get back up and keep going.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If only I knew for sure I wouldn't go to hell I'd end it all. I can't take one more thing, it just keeps getting worse. I hate this life.
Tell me everything, I'm sure we can work out a plan of attack.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I understand this feeling... All o can say is wait it out. If I had truly just given up when I was stuck in those hotels...I wouldn't be where I am today..in a better place... Not exactly where I want to be.. But its better than where I was.

Its only a fact of life that...well, life isn't fair. Some people just don't need to try hard to be successful...and others have to put in 120% just achieve the same things.

My favorite youtubers said that were in a boxing ring with a 6ft giant called life... You just have to decide to get back up and keep going.
You actually have to go to the far side of the moon sometimes...

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You actually have to go to the far side of the moon sometimes...
Yeah you do :) .... Life is a journey not a race...I think when alot more people,including myself, realize this.,,the anxiety and depression will go away.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only I knew for sure I wouldn't go to hell I'd end it all. I can't take one more thing, it just keeps getting worse. I hate this life.
Put your life and your trust in HIM, let go and give it to HIM.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know where you are it is not a good place, I and I know many others have been there as well, many times even. The good news is it will pass, bad life will die and leave you behind stronger and better than before. Like Scripture tells us desolations have been degreed.

It is about following the loving truth of Christ and not following the hurtful lies of our depression. Each time you look at Jesus and eat His loving grace you will win a bit of ground away from your depression, each time you swallow the lies of your depression hurting you, you will increase your suffering a little. T
This is how best to battle depression, for all the hurtful lies that have you captive will perish out of you as Christ grows back into you. Until you who suffered all of this will be released from your stable and set free instead. (Malachi 4:1-3)

Be of very good courage.

:hug:

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
Also for you did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what's got you down but I have been there before. When I knew I wouldn't make it I made an appointment for help and it got me through. Make a pact with yourself before it gets to that point. Sometimes we can move through the storm and other times all we can do is claw our way into the ground and hold fast like a boulder through the storm, never moving.

That said remember who you are. The second Temple of Jerusalem was torn down and in three days was rebuilt in Jesus. There is no third temple because Jesus is the temple. We are the body of Christ which means each one of us is like a brick in the Temple of God, in the Holy of Holies. We are living breathing sacred space. We are salt, we are light in a dark world. We are imagers of God. The gates of hell shall not withstand us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I feel the same way at times but in the end it's not worth doing that. God loves you and wants to c you succeed in life. I've been in the same situation for many years and still to this day struggle with those thoughts, but I've also seen how family and friends are when someone does commit suicide; they are devastated, crying. it's just awful and you know there's no way to help them. If you need anybody to talk to I'm here I'll listen and try to help you out. You have a future waiting for you lets start writing your beautiful future now

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0
May 2, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what has got you so down, but I want you to know that I will be praying for you. If you need a friend or someone to talk to, I try to be there for as many people as I can, so I'll be here for you. Please don't feel ashamed to message me with your problems.

I have had a great deal of sadness and depression in my life. In fact, it's pretty unanimous that I'm different than "normal people". I've been an outcast my entire life, and I feel it's always been because I believed in Jesus. What helps me is to know that God and Jesus will love me as I am unconditionally. There is nothing I can do to keep them from loving me. So I promise the same to you. God and Jesus love you unconditionally, so I will too. Bless you and be well.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0