• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can't Sleep. Where is my God?

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like the LORD's hand is against me. Night after night, I am not able to get the rest to those whom he favors.

I close my eyes and I'm not able to fall asleep entirely.

I feel empty and emotionless. I reach out to him and seek him, but I feel like my attempts are not sincere enough. I have rededicated myself to follow him, but this too I feel is not done with a sincere heart.

I long to be healed by him, but lack the faith that I need to receive this. Righteousness comes by faith and without faith, you cannot please him.

I don't want to try his patience with vain repetitions. I only want to be sincere.

I have served him faithfully for 20 years and then this trial entered my life. A trial that has taken things very important away from me.

My prayer is that God takes everything else, so that all that is left is faith in him.

Yes, I know that this is the bad life that's dominating my flesh, but I'm just wondering where God is at. Has he handed me over in these things to suffer?

Everyone, I just need encouragement. I don't feel like my old self. Just an empty shell praying that God fills me up.

I am tired of these restless nights. If my body can't rest, then how can I recover?

Is it God's will to crush me or restore me? I know that he is abounding in love, but shows no delight for the wicked.

That is all. I'm just trying to return to him, but my carnal self is in the way.

Thanks for listening!

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Kyle be of good courage, sometimes life brings us down because we process our information wrongly or because wrong is done to us and has a bad after effect ever after.

God can save you from this, He has saved me from the bottom of my pit and lifted me up and gave me ability to fight my depression successfully. Honest He can safe us from those dark places.

It is about practising faith in real life, faith in God's love over our lives. Honest even when depression pounds and denies you the right to anything good, God loves you true, and loves you to come to Him for ability. Honest with Jesus good things can come out of your worst times.

The first thing i had to learn was that i could not do it myself. Apart of placing my faith in His love, which was the gift God granted me when i asked Him for it, i had nothing but the word. Faith in God's love uses the truth of His word to fight our battles, where we need to learn not to heed our feelings gone wrong any longer but to build new feelings with Jesus.

Honest you need to be rebuild, not by human might but by God's Spirit. Faith in God's love brought me hope. On these hope i build on put my trust in. i knew Jesus is always true to His word, so i let the word dictate my journey.

It took Jesus less than 4 years to get my out of my suicidal depression. Please remember i have a depressive illness, the depression did not go away, indeed often time it worsened especially at first.

Yet i persisted. i knew He was faithful and true when i saw how good life build with Jesus survives every storm, but life build by myself, in how i thought i had to be in that i perished. Yes indeed Jesus brought the true person out of me. Who we really are underneath it all. He loves us for who we really are. Honestly true! i have learned to admire Jesus. He has so much ability to suffer and still love true. Amazing and some of that He shared with me. How can a depressed man be so lucky?

So please put your faith in His love and fight your depressive thoughts and feelings with faithful thoughts and feelings. Dear sister, please keep doing that, for as long as it takes for the negativity to die. Do understand it took years to build bad life this strong, it will take awhile to undo their strength. It is about us learning to go to Jesus when we can't go on so we get more ability to go on again. It has been very much like that in my life, especially at first. Later come the long term benefits. Ability to be rock bottom depressed but praise God and pray for those hurting all around. Instead of accepting suicidal thoughts fighting and beating them in the name of Jesus. Knowing that your illness cannot rob your good life from you any more, but that love for God and neighbour will only grow instead of diminish.

Not heeding those negative thoughts any longer is the way to go. And doing the opposite of what you feel. So also when you are feeling unfaithful go to Jesus. When you want to give up, can't keep on going, had enough, have no ability left, have no hope, are prone to despair. Whatever bad life has overcome you bring to Him, and see for yourself that He gives us ability. Bit by bit. Step by step. Slowly at first but then faster and faster until it fills our whole life.

Have you heard of a person called Caroline Leaf? She teaches that we can rewire our brain. We can switch of parts of our brain and rewire it. Have a listen to this excellent teaching on the subject. She has a few excellent books and many videos on youtube to help you understand how to best proceed from here.

Praying you will dare to place your faith in God's love and keep it there forever!

Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Kyle be of good courage, sometimes life brings us down because we process our information wrongly or because wrong is done to us and has a bad after effect ever after.

God can save you from this, He has saved me from the bottom of my pit and lifted me up and gave me ability to fight my depression successfully. Honest He can safe us from those dark places.

It is about practising faith in real life, faith in God's love over our lives. Honest even when depression pounds and denies you the right to anything good, God loves you true, and loves you to come to Him for ability. Honest with Jesus good things can come out of your worst times.

The first thing i had to learn was that i could not do it myself. Apart of placing my faith in His love, which was the gift God granted me when i asked Him for it, i had nothing but the word. Faith in God's love uses the truth of His word to fight our battles, where we need to learn not to heed our feelings gone wrong any longer but to build new feelings with Jesus.

Honest you need to be rebuild, not by human might but by God's Spirit. Faith in God's love brought me hope. On these hope i build on put my trust in. i knew Jesus is always true to His word, so i let the word dictate my journey.

It took Jesus less than 4 years to get my out of my suicidal depression. Please remember i have a depressive illness, the depression did not go away, indeed often time it worsened especially at first.

Yet i persisted. i knew He was faithful and true when i saw how good life build with Jesus survives every storm, but life build by myself, in how i thought i had to be in that i perished. Yes indeed Jesus brought the true person out of me. Who we really are underneath it all. He loves us for who we really are. Honestly true! i have learned to admire Jesus. He has so much ability to suffer and still love true. Amazing and some of that He shared with me. How can a depressed man be so lucky?

So please put your faith in His love and fight your depressive thoughts and feelings with faithful thoughts and feelings. Dear sister, please keep doing that, for as long as it takes for the negativity to die. Do understand it took years to build bad life this strong, it will take awhile to undo their strength. It is about us learning to go to Jesus when we can't go on so we get more ability to go on again. It has been very much like that in my life, especially at first. Later come the long term benefits. Ability to be rock bottom depressed but praise God and pray for those hurting all around. Instead of accepting suicidal thoughts fighting and beating them in the name of Jesus. Knowing that your illness cannot rob your good life from you any more, but that love for God and neighbour will only grow instead of diminish.

Not heeding those negative thoughts any longer is the way to go. And doing the opposite of what you feel. So also when you are feeling unfaithful go to Jesus. When you want to give up, can't keep on going, had enough, have no ability left, have no hope, are prone to despair. Whatever bad life has overcome you bring to Him, and see for yourself that He gives us ability. Bit by bit. Step by step. Slowly at first but then faster and faster until it fills our whole life.

Have you heard of a person called Caroline Leaf? She teaches that we can rewire our brain. We can switch of parts of our brain and rewire it. Have a listen to this excellent teaching on the subject. She has a few excellent books and many videos on youtube to help you understand how to best proceed from here.

Praying you will dare to place your faith in God's love and keep it there forever!

Thank you, Jeshu. And I am a male, not a female (you called me sister).

And yes. God's word never comes back empty.

I will wait on him today and see what he will bring about...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Jeshu. And I am a male, not a female (you called me sister).

And yes. God's word never comes back empty.

I will wait on him today and see what he will bring about...

Sorry about that brother.

Upvote 0