• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Can't Seem to Make Friends

Discussion in 'Young Adults' started by brandynicole, Jul 6, 2020.

1. brandynicole

brandynicole Member

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I've never been able to make friends. All throughout elementary, middle, high school, and college I've struggled with anxiety. My parents never listened to me when I told them about the bullies or bad treatment from teachers. Roommates hated me (I remember hiding in my room an entire day not making a sound so they wouldn't know that I was home. I just couldn't talk to them.)

It's hard for me to speak to strangers. Only just this year I became comfortable greeting grocery store workers or gym instructors. But it's still hard beyond, "hello."

Everything about me is just wrong: my looks, voice, personality...

There are some girls at church who I thought I could be friends with, but they made fun of me during Bible study. And I found out that girls in another group hated me.

Also, I'm sure my pastor hates me too. He makes these disgusted faces when he sees me at church. And I'm pretty sure he hates my presence, he goes out of his way. I emailed him once apologizing for being rude and he ignored me, then made a remark during the next service about people bothering him in emails.

I don't know what to do. I can't keep changing churches, and this loneliness is eating away at my desire to keep living. Again I feel like God has abandoned me.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+7,281
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  3. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,324
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Wow I'm so sorry to hear that. Know He hasn't abandoned you. He will be with you in all of this. Being lonely is a tough gig and so many people don't realize how much they have if they have good social connections. That is a blessing unrealized really. Maybe find a different church with a more available pastor and congregation?

4. Rose2020

Rose2020 A Real Scottie Hottie ;)

+841
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

So sorry to hear that, praying for you. Just know that God loves you and He is always close to your heart. :)

5. brandynicole

brandynicole Member

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Thank you all for your kind replies. I was thinking that I might be overreacting, but being alone is so tough

6. Rose2020

+841
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

I am mentally challenged myself so believe me I know how you feel unfortunately. :(

7. brandynicole

brandynicole Member

+69
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    So sorry for your struggle. Never forget you are perfect and made in God's image.

8. Rose2020

+841
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Yes I know and thank you. :)