• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can't seem to accomplish anything

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm having the hardest time accomplishing things. Sometimes I'll sit in front of the computer and when I try to do something productive I end up feeling completely immobilized. It' s a struggle to even force myself to do simple tasks. I'm also having a real hard time making decisions. Sometimes I want to cry out of frustration. Are there any scriptures I could meditate on? Or any prayers I could pray? My birthday is the Monday after next, I'll be 26 and I dread the thought of wasting another year doing nothing.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord, when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness, give us the sense of your presence, your love, and your strength. Help us to have perfect trust in your protecting love. Bless us with your strengthening power so nothing may frighten or worry us. We trust that in living close to you, we shall see your hand, your purpose, your will through all things. Amen. (Ignatius of Loyola, from Prayer)

Prayer to Mary (if you're comfortable asking Mary for help): O my beloved Queen, my hope, O Mother of God, protector of orphans and protector of those who are hurt, the savior of those who perish and the consolation of all those who are in distress, thou seest my misery, thou seest my sorrow and my loneliness. Help me—I am powerless; give me strength. Thou knowest what I suffer, thou knowest my grief: Lend me thy hand, for who else can be my hope but thee, my protector and my intercessor before God? I have sinned before thee and before all people. Be my Mother, my consoler, my helper. Protect me and save me, chase grief away from me, chase my lowness of heart and my despondency. Help me, O Mother of my God! (from The Saint Gregory Palamas Outreach: Prayer to the Mother of God in a Time of Distress)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm having the hardest time accomplishing things. Sometimes I'll sit in front of the computer and when I try to do something productive I end up feeling completely immobilized. It' s a struggle to even force myself to do simple tasks. I'm also having a real hard time making decisions. Sometimes I want to cry out of frustration. Are there any scriptures I could meditate on? Or any prayers I could pray? My birthday is the Monday after next, I'll be 26 and I dread the thought of wasting another year doing nothing.

It is so very hard to be like that isn't it? With me it has been like this for 21 years non stop now and I'm so sick of it. Sometimes I scream out my frustration at not being able to get up and going when there is so much to be done.

I found that praying and supporting others who are hurting has been the only useful thing I have been able to do these last few years. If anything I got to know a lot of people and gained a lot of friends, and some enemies of course.

The best loving other people helped greatly cementing good life up against the bad life depression and psychosis brought me, like compassion, care, nurture, gentleness, meekness, honesty, courage, determination, advocating, praying for, studying The word to find helpful pieces, mediating on other peoples pain and suffer5ing in the light of your own and so on.......

It has utterly amazed me how useful helping others is when we are depressed, and how much wisdom I have gained praying, supporting and encouraging people along the of very difficult ways. The truth is that opening my mind to the pain of others, began to fill my love starving heart with compassion, love and goodwill! This love and goodwill taught me to stop judging myself, (like I didn't judge those people I endeavored to support,) and such has helped me like nothing else has getting away from my bad life.

So no I'm still not doing much. Especially lately I have been to down and out to get up and going and I had to purposefully give grace to myself and fight those horrible judgmental feelings I always get towards my self for being so terribly lazy, (as my dad would have called me when I was like this when I was still a kid.)

However this world is in shambles. People are hurting everywhere! There are more loving prayers needed down here than ever to balance the books with all the rebellion, violence, lovelessness, greed, perversion and destruction of our good life down here.

So what that concerns you can also be very useful. For like it or not, as a depressed person you are very much closer to your Creator than those who live it up and have a good time for themselves every day with out a worry or a care. For like you, our God in trinity, suffers bad life badly and in our pain we can truly find Him, and His loving truth, at His very best. For no one can love like our God in trinity does that is for sure.

Be of good courage and begin to mine our Lord's heart and see what treasures you'll find.

James 2:8
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0