• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can't overcome this feeling (condemn)

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm so hopeless. Please pray for me.
.... Feeling empty and so depress.
*I think I have committed an unpardonable sin.

//For your information
I got ocd on blasphemy thought in the pass.

//Situation
-My ocd makes me always have blasphemy thought and doubt on jesus all the time. And it was distracted me so much. I have been so try of saying nononono in my mind all the time. So, I decided to makes a thought without saying nononono in my mind. And sometimes I thought of a story that maybe jesus is satan. (it so baddd, I want to cried.)
-Before I get sleep I pray that let dream told me something likes door opened and closed which means jesus isn't forsake me or not and I have done an unpardonable sin or not. I have sleep and wake up at night and pray again. Suddenly, when I started to closed my eyes to sleep but the picture of god closing a door appear and I knows I didn't get sleep yet. (the picture didn't same as I imagine.)

**Alot of people said it because Ocd that makes me have all thought. But I worried it not Ocd.

Question.
Have you ever expereince god voices and vision and how to identify it?
.... I have also hear some voices say I love you, welcome home after that situation. If I knows it god, it means he still with me.
Can satan read our mind?
.... I think I have pray in my mind. (not sure)
some website say can't.
Anyone expereince feeling so hot in heart while praying sometimes?
Did anyone got similiar expereince, share please?

*Therapist say I got depression and Ocd. But I surely that If I have been cured, those feeling and anxiety didn't go away. Sometimes, I think I didn't got depression but it just side affect of thinking that I will condemn. My therapist didn't so nice. She just want to stop our conversation all the time because there alot of people waited.(less than 10 minutes in each talked.)

*Reply please. Encourage me up of those feeling please.
It so bad to think that I will condemn forever and it no way back. I cried everyday. Whenever I attend Christian activity, it makes me so sad to think that Okay I condemn and can't be saved. I want to worship and told people the truth. I want to be joyful of thinking about heaven.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: ajcarey

Asphose

About my Father's buisness
Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2019
Zion
✟48,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey Grace, the only way you'll be able to identify God's voice is by studying his word.

Satan can't read your mind, but he can send you thoughts. Satan tempted Jesus using scriptures, but Jesus knew the word of God so he didn't fail.

Are you sure you know what the unpardonable sin is? Just by reading what you've said I don't think you've commited it. Once you grow in the word of God, these things won't effect you.

Jesus said this:

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus has overcome the world and Satan, don't allow him to make you feel like you're in bondage to him.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grace1234
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hey Grace, the only way you'll be able to identify God's voice is by studying his word.

Satan can't read your mind, but he can send you thoughts. Satan tempted Jesus using scriptures, but Jesus knew the word of God so he didn't fail.

Are you sure you know what the unpardonable sin is? Just by reading what you've said I don't think you've commited it. Once you grow in the word of God, these things won't effect you.

Jesus said this:

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus has overcome the world and Satan, don't allow him to make you feel like you're in bondage to him.
Thank you so much.
I struggling with those picture I saw. So, if Satan can’t read our mind. It may mean that those picture didn’t from satan,right?

Reactions: Asphose
Upvote 0

Asphose

Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2019
Zion
✟48,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Another thing is would like you to know is th
Thank you so much.
I struggling with those picture I saw. So, if Satan can’t read our mind. It may mean that those picture didn’t from satan,right?

Yes he can't read your mind, but he can send you thoughts. It also has a lot to do with the things you watch (movies, tv. etc) and the music you listen to.

You have to renew your mind with the word of God (Romans 12:2), so meditating and studying the word. I was like you at one point, but when I found out more about what God said about me I knew anything else contradicting it was a lie.

Grace, Jesus isn't mad at you. He loves you so much, if he didn't he wouldn't have died for you. And there's nothing that will change that, even if you do stumble on your journey he will still walk with you. Give him your heart, let the holy spirit guide you.

So no matter what the devil says or whatever comes into your mind the word of God is your assurance and the holy spirit too. :D

Feel free to send me a DM if you want to know more

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The fact that you desire Jesus regardless of thoughts that keep intruding you, is evidence in itself that you have not committed the unpardonable sin. The very fact that you are concerned is also evidence. These thoughts are projections into your mind from the enemy and it can also very well be something to do with ocd..

If you have accepted Jesus in this life then He is never leaving you. We may sin or walk weakly and lose sight of Him but He is really right there with you. Don't let anything or anyone get you to believing otherwise. Feelings are not dependable, the word of God is ( the bible), go by what it says in there not what your mind is saying to you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Another thing is would like you to know is th

Yes he can't read your mind, but he can you thoughts. It also has a lot to do with the things you watch (movies, tv. etc) and the music you listen to.

You have to renew your mind with the word of God (Romans 12:2), so meditating and studying the word. I was like you at one point, but when I found out more about what God said about me I knew anything else contradicting it was a lie.

Grace, Jesus isn't mad at you. He loves you so much, if he didn't he wouldn't have died for you. And there's nothing that will change that, even if you do stumble on your journey he will still walk with you. Give him your heart, let the holy spirit guide you.

So no matter what the devil says or whatever comes into your mind the word of God is your assurance and the holy spirit too. :D

Feel free to send me a DM if you want to know more
Thank you so much. I will try to overcome this thought. My parent also said that too that Jesus loves me and he always have plan for me for everything he allows it to happened. Maybe for let me seek him more. Before ocd happened to me, I never read bible and feel that religious is not so interesting. But after I learn his words, I realize that Jesus is love. (So I feel so sad if i will condemn.)

• Friendly
Reactions: Asphose
Upvote 0

Asphose

Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2019
Zion
✟48,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you so much. I will try to overcome this thought. My parent also said that too that Jesus loves me and he always have plan for me for everything he allows it to happened. Maybe for let me seek him more. Before ocd happened to me, I never read bible and feel that religious is not so interesting. But after I learn his words, I realize that Jesus is love. (So I feel so sad if i will condemn.)

Praise God! This daily devotional article will help you out a lot:

Title: Be Yourself

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

God wants you to value yourself for who you are. There’re people who aren’t satisfied with themselves; they have the burden of always wishing they were like someone else. No; be yourself. And the first way to do that is to value yourself, because God values you and is happy about you. Remember that you can’t treat anyone else right until you treat yourself right; if you're not glad about yourself, you most certainly won't be glad about anyone else.

You’re valuable to God; that's why He sent Jesus to die in your place. The value of an item is the price paid for it. Your value is the life of the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. So value yourself and quit trying to be someone else. Be happy about you, and be the best of you for God. God loves diversity and that's the beauty of life. We’re so many in the world, but God expresses Himself through everyone of us in different ways; and until you recognize that, you may never be able to bring out the best in you.

It’s your responsibility to bring out the best in you. Your heart is like a garden, and God expects you to tend it, and bring forth the best out of your garden. It’s up to you, what you produce from your garden: the kind of crop you come up with. What you sow is what you reap (Galatians 6:7).

We read in our opening verse that you’re God’s workmanship. You’re His excellent handiwork. You mean so much to Him. Become satisfied with the truth that He loves you, wants you, and is happy to have some one like you. Acknowledge that you're the best of you that God has. Love yourself, because God loves you; and express that love to other people. Refuse to let anyone demean you. You’re God’s best. Believe it, accept it and think that way.

You can get the book here if you like: Rhapsody of Realities

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The fact that you desire Jesus regardless of thoughts that keep intruding you, is evidence in itself that you have not committed the unpardonable sin. The very fact that you are concerned is also evidence. These thoughts are projections into your mind from the enemy and it can also very well be something to do with ocd..

If you have accepted Jesus in this life then He is never leaving you. We may sin or walk weakly and lose sight of Him but He is really right there with you. Don't let anything or anyone get you to believing otherwise. Feelings are not dependable, the word of God is ( the bible), go by what it says in there not what your mind is saying to you.
Thank you so much. May I asked you a question? I have read Mark3 28-30
“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” — for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.’”
So I want to knows that can the word Guilty for an external sin means whoever done the sin would feel so guilty. I knows that Holy Spirit is the one who guide us to identify good and bad but I just worried so much.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you so much. May I asked you a question? I have read Mark3 28-30
“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” — for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.’”
So I want to knows that can the word Guilty for an external sin means whoever done the sin would feel so guilty. I knows that Holy Spirit is the one who guide us to identify good and bad but I just worried so much.
Grace, are you a first century Jew ? Because those verses were for them in that time period with Jesus on earth and where people were deciding if He was who He claimed to be. Believe me, you haven't done it or you wouldn't even be asking these things, they would be of no concern to you. Today ( in our age) you would have to be passing away on your death bed not believing in Jesus ( rejecting the witness of the Spirit on your life) to not be pardoned.

If you want more assurance you can do a couple of things. You can read parallel verses in the other gospels for one. You can do a search for commentaries from people like Charles Spurgeon , John Gill or Matthew Henry. You find them saying what I have but with more detail. And you can look up video sermons from pastors on those verses. Don't just take my word for it but do a little digging till you are comfortable . I say that because it is important that your mind is clear about it.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Grace, are you a first century Jew ? Because those verses were for them in that time period with Jesus on earth and where people were deciding if He was who He claimed to be. Believe me, you haven't done it or you wouldn't even be asking these things, they would be of no concern to you. Today ( in our age) you would have to be passing away on your death bed not believing in Jesus ( rejecting the witness of the Spirit on your life) to not be pardoned.

If you want more assurance you can do a couple of things. You can read parallel verses in the other gospels for one. You can do a search for commentaries from people like Charles Spurgeon , John Gill or Matthew Henry. You find them saying what I have but with more detail. And you can look up video sermons from pastors on those verses. Don't just take my word for it but do a little digging till you are comfortable . I say that because it is important that your mind is clear about it.
Thank you. I will search information and listen to sermons more until my mind is clear.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I suggest singing praises to God and thanking Him for anything and everything good He has done when those thoughts intrude your mind. It will give you relief and a distraction from the workings of your mind which are not productive for you. I especially suggest Psalm 148 to learn and to use for this purpose.

There is no reason given to believe you are hardening your heart against God. And even if you were, you are not blaspheming Jesus' divine works through the Holy Spirit done right before your eyes like those Jews who were doing just that whom Jesus warned about the unpardonable sin.

Ask Him to help you do right before Him and to give you His peace and joy in your weakness. The Bible says His grace is made perfect in weakness- and that is extra special for you considering your name:) He wants you to belong to Him; and He wants to help you and guide you. Trust in His abundant mercy as you believe His Word and diligently seek Him.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry you're struggling! This is a very common obsession for Christians with OCD. Here are some thoughts:
1. Saying nonono ("cancelling" the thought) is a compulsion, and you don't need to do that. Treat the thought as meaningless - which it is.
2. I wouldn't bother praying for "signs" right now, as your OCD is sure to convince you that whatever you think/dream somehow confirms your obsessive fear. Also, you're worrying so much about these things, that you're likely to think/dream what you feel are bad "signs," just because this stuff is so much on your mind.

Would you consider joining the FB group that I'm a part of? It's called "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders," and it's a really helpful and supportive group, especially for people with OCD.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Praise God! This daily devotional article will help you out a lot:

Title: Be Yourself

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

God wants you to value yourself for who you are. There’re people who aren’t satisfied with themselves; they have the burden of always wishing they were like someone else. No; be yourself. And the first way to do that is to value yourself, because God values you and is happy about you. Remember that you can’t treat anyone else right until you treat yourself right; if you're not glad about yourself, you most certainly won't be glad about anyone else.

You’re valuable to God; that's why He sent Jesus to die in your place. The value of an item is the price paid for it. Your value is the life of the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. So value yourself and quit trying to be someone else. Be happy about you, and be the best of you for God. God loves diversity and that's the beauty of life. We’re so many in the world, but God expresses Himself through everyone of us in different ways; and until you recognize that, you may never be able to bring out the best in you.

It’s your responsibility to bring out the best in you. Your heart is like a garden, and God expects you to tend it, and bring forth the best out of your garden. It’s up to you, what you produce from your garden: the kind of crop you come up with. What you sow is what you reap (Galatians 6:7).

We read in our opening verse that you’re God’s workmanship. You’re His excellent handiwork. You mean so much to Him. Become satisfied with the truth that He loves you, wants you, and is happy to have some one like you. Acknowledge that you're the best of you that God has. Love yourself, because God loves you; and express that love to other people. Refuse to let anyone demean you. You’re God’s best. Believe it, accept it and think that way.

You can get the book here if you like: Rhapsody of Realities
Thank you so much. It so much better now. Wish that it will continue be better.

Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I suggest singing praises to God and thanking Him for anything and everything good He has done when those thoughts intrude your mind. It will give you relief and a distraction from the workings of your mind which are not productive for you. I especially suggest Psalm 148 to learn and to use for this purpose.

There is no reason given to believe you are hardening your heart against God. And even if you were, you are not blaspheming Jesus' divine works through the Holy Spirit done right before your eyes like those Jews who were doing just that whom Jesus warned about the unpardonable sin.

Ask Him to help you do right before Him and to give you His peace and joy in your weakness. The Bible says His grace is made perfect in weakness- and that is extra special for you considering your name:) He wants you to belong to Him; and He wants to help you and guide you. Trust in His abundant mercy as you believe His Word and diligently seek Him.
Thank you so much. I always believe that someday I will be heal. I don't want to have ocd anymore.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sorry you're struggling! This is a very common obsession for Christians with OCD. Here are some thoughts:
1. Saying nonono ("cancelling" the thought) is a compulsion, and you don't need to do that. Treat the thought as meaningless - which it is.
2. I wouldn't bother praying for "signs" right now, as your OCD is sure to convince you that whatever you think/dream somehow confirms your obsessive fear. Also, you're worrying so much about these things, that you're likely to think/dream what you feel are bad "signs," just because this stuff is so much on your mind.

Would you consider joining the FB group that I'm a part of? It's called "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders," and it's a really helpful and supportive group, especially for people with OCD.
You are so nice. Actually, I don't want my friends on facebook to know that I have something likes ocd. it's very silly reason. But I think that in my society they still think that having mental disorder it's abnormal. In my opinion, I think having mental illness it isn't strange it just like other disorder on physical health which can be heal and also same that we won't feeling so good when we have disorder. Thank you so much. You are very nice. So sorry for my silly reason. Hope that you understand.
*sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are so nice. Actually, I don't want my friends on facebook to know that I have something likes ocd. it's very silly reason. But I think that in my society they still think that having mental disorder it's abnormal. In my opinion, I think having mental illness it isn't strange it just like other disorder on physical health which can be heal and also same that we won't feeling so good when we have disorder. Thank you so much. You are very nice. So sorry for my silly reason. Hope that you understand.
*sorry for my bad english.

I totally understand this! And I agree - some people think that mental disorders are "worse" somehow than physical disorders, but they're not. Actually, the Facebook group is a hidden group, so your friends can't see that you're a part of it, and they can't see your posts. So, you can still feel free to join if you want!

And actually, I'm an ESL teacher, so no worries on your English. ;)

Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I totally understand this! And I agree - some people think that mental disorders are "worse" somehow than physical disorders, but they're not. Actually, the Facebook group is a hidden group, so your friends can't see that you're a part of it, and they can't see your posts. So, you can still feel free to join if you want!

And actually, I'm an ESL teacher, so no worries on your English. ;)
Thank you so much for understand. Actually, I have request to join already just 2 minutes ago but I have cancel the request already because my ocd told me I might make a vow not to joined. I feel so bad right now. Ocd always control my action but anyway my mind told that I would get anxiety about broke a vow if I continue request to joined. If I can clear and manage my thought or find a reassurance to get rid of the thought, I would request it again. Sorry and Thank you so much. You are so nice.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for understand. Actually, I have request to join already just 2 minutes ago but I have cancel the request already because my ocd told me I might make a vow not to joined. I feel so bad right now. Ocd always control my action but anyway my mind told that I would get anxiety about broke a vow if I continue request to joined. If I can clear and manage my thought or find a reassurance to get rid of the thought, I would request it again. Sorry and Thank you so much. You are so nice.
I understand how bad OCD makes you feel, but I think you should defy the OCD and request to join anyway. ;)

Upvote 0