Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:( I'm feeling down and deprived of God's love. Like I want to go to church and be loved but I can't. It's probably a depressive swing but I have worried about my salvation and I don't feel loved and it's a downward spiral.

Edit: Not like other people are depriving me just I can't go to church tonight and I don't feel loved by God.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a day with worries about my relationship with the Lord. In the end after talking about it instead I realised i should pray about things. Then I realised I was my problem so I should just empty myself of it all and just pray and not say anything in that prayer.

I got on my knees and was struck that the only thing there was the magnitude of who our God is. I then got into my bed to Rest in Him. I wished I had done it sooner. I don't know whether that might help you but it was my answer. I'm doing it next time too. X

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
You don't have to go to church but if you can make it then given how you are feeling it sounds like it might be helpful to hear someone talk from the Bible about Gods love and be amongst the singing etc and around others who know God. But if you can't get there God is still with you.

If you literally can't get to church ie. no transport then it's ok to have church at home :)

Whether you go to church or not know that God does love you very much and you are very precious to Him :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear friend, you can't lose God's love; you can't lose your relationship with God; you can't lose your salvation.

Can a mother forget her nursing child?
Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?
But even if that were possible,
I would not forget you!
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.

(Isa. 49:15-16, NLT — those were God's words to the Jews during the exile in Babylon, but they're just as true today for all His children)

Depressive bouts (I've been there too) are like clouds passing in front of the sun — they can't touch the sun or stop it from shining, and they always pass away. So nothing can stop His love for you shining on you, even when you feel like you can't see it at this moment. :blacksunrays:

I love Sam91's point about just praying silently and just letting God show you the magnitude of who He is. And if you can go to church at all, I'm sure you'll find it will bless you. Maybe you could go with the thought not of wanting to be loved, but of how you can love those around you there (or wherever you need to be right now) — even in the simplest of ways? :)

God bless.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:( I'm feeling down and deprived of God's love. Like I want to go to church and be loved but I can't. It's probably a depressive swing but I have worried about my salvation and I don't feel loved and it's a downward spiral.

Edit: Not like other people are depriving me just I can't go to church tonight and I don't feel loved by God.
John's First Epistle - short but strong and intense - speaks a lot about the theme of love and assurance and faith in the Son of God.

• Useful
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had a day with worries about my relationship with the Lord. In the end after talking about it instead I realised i should pray about things. Then I realised I was my problem so I should just empty myself of it all and just pray and not say anything in that prayer.

I got on my knees and was struck that the only thing there was the magnitude of who our God is. I then got into my bed to Rest in Him. I wished I had done it sooner. I don't know whether that might help you but it was my answer. I'm doing it next time too. X
Daily prayer and the Scriptures are long term very wholesome habits for the believer in his or her faith walk. :)

Upvote 0

JES1023

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know the feeling, try to remember Jesus' words: Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
John 15:13

These words of Jesus are followed by Him calling us, His friends; John 15:14, but yet He is the greatest friend of all. Unlike human love; God's love is eternal, Jeremiah 31:3.

And even after all my failures and great sins, God unconditionally loved me because of Christ's sacrifice, Roman 5:8.

Hallmark cards like to say when you care enough to send the very best, will Jesus was the Father's Truest Hallmark Card. Who loves us all enough to give His life.

Upvote 0