✟15,283.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Props to Starcrystal for the original post from 2004 as read below:

""It was brought up on another thread that an "Apple" was the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil. I have no idea why the forbidden fruit gets portrayed as an Apple so often. Here's my belief and why:

My theory is that Marijuana was the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

I used to smoke it regularly as a teenager, and I remember clearly that often after I smoked I would feel guilty about "sin" although I didn't even know what sin was. Its like I got this insight into myself, and I'd understand that smoking cigarettes was wrong, drinking was wrong, and stealing liqour from my families liquor cabinets was wrong. I realized I had been behaving badly towards my family, and even that smoking pot itself was wrong.

"And ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil....a tree to be desired to make one wise." ~ Genesis 3:5& 6

Notice the scripture says a tree to BE DESIRED. Even though I knew smoking pot was wrong from the effects it gave me, the first thing I did when I was no longer high was to go DESIRE MORE! What a deception! :sigh:

I often stayed inside, or went to places alone in the woods when i was under the effects of marijuana. I seemed to be hiding my "shame" from society, yet at the same time I realized God was watching and I couldn't hide from him! (Now at this time I had NO BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, yet these things were happening!) By smoking pot I seemed to have a comprehension of "good and evil" I also felt shame and wanted to hide....

"Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord amongst the trees of the garden..." ~ Genesis 3:8

Scripture says that when they partook of the fruit that "The eyes of both of them were openned..." ~ Genesis 3:7
We know that medically, marijuana can be used to help the eyes. It is used especially for glaucoma patients. Once in Florida I was camping in the jungle-like forest. I ran into a branch at night and it scratched my eye. My vision was blurred and my eye watered continually. A friend gave me a joint and after one hit my vision cleared and came into focus, just like focussing the lense on a camera or binoculars! My eye quit watering for about an hour. So I have seen the physical as well as mental & spiritual "Opening of the eyes."

Eve saw the tree was good for food and pleasant to the sight. At first people might think this couldn't be marijuana because of the food aspect. Hemp seeds are edible and contain oils that are very healthy for you. It IS good for food! The seed itself has negligible amounts of THC and will not alter ones mind, even in large amounts. But the seed is in the flower, and the flower is chock full of THC. This is what gets a person high. Anyone eating the flowery buds of a marijuana plant will experience a high, and all that goes along with it.

For these reasons I have felt for several years that marijuana is probably the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

#1) The high produced by it often causes you to know good and evil.

#2) It causes "shame" and people often get "paranoid" while high, and want to hide.

#3) It can "open the eyes" phyisically, as well as menatlly/spiritually.

#4) Its seeds and seed oils are good for food.

#5) The plant is pleasant to the sight.

#6) It causes itself "To be desired to make one wise" (Or so the smoker thinks...)

Hence, I believe Marijuana fits the criteria for the tree in Genesis 3, and is a far better candidate than Apples. This is also a good incentive NOT to start smoking pot!""

...As I couldn't add to the original thread I thought I'd start a new one. Especially in todays' much morphed society, I believe Starcrystal was spot on in his interpretations back in 2004.

To me it is no coincidence that Cannabis use has been pushed deeper into the roots of society as we have experienced the onset of the Antichrist Kingdom.

What would be more infuriating to God than to have this precious and forbidden tree casually consumed by all. Particularly whilst they are glued to a smartphone etc.

Satan knows his time is limited and is running amok.

Be warned against its use, it will open your spiritual eye to a level where you can really and truly appreciate that ignorance is bliss. Interestingly it is my experience that those most prominently affected by it are Christians. In ways both good and evil.

I had forsaken all my Christian roots from childhood until I began smoking Cannabis as a teenager, when an appreciation for spirituality over materialism was reborn. I'd "learnt" on some primal level that many of the Christian sentiments are detrimental to success in today's cut-throat society, until Cannabis raised questions and complications within my own spirit that allowed me to cut through the Matrix.

I think perhaps the world as God intended it in Eden has become so lost and vacant through Satan's increasing energy that the same plant as mentioned in Genesis may be what was referred to in Revelations 22:2 as the herb that "was for the healing of the nations".

As people become less human, Cannabis simply reminds them that they have an eternal soul, as opposed to the effect it had on Adam and Eve consuming it in Genesis when it made them like Gods.

Who knows. Just a thought. But I've never consumed the "Fruit" of any other "Tree" and felt a heightened thirst for the spiritual/theological and a persistent reminder of good and evil from my conscience (aka the voice of the Holy Ghost within us)

Let's get real. The Illuminati are forcing all types of evil and things Anti-Christ on todays' youth and spitting in the face of God. And one persistent theme amongst that is Cannabis use. Made to seem cool etc when really is eventually derails lives from Gods original plan.

I smoked for years, recently having to quit after those trippy daydreams you have whilst high became normality in every waking moment. (Lots of the prophets in the Bible experienced such visions, but through the hand of God/Holy Spirit as opposed to Farmakeia)

The stuff nowadays is a different plant, imbalanced of the original chemical compilation as would be found occurring in a natural garden. As if one was drinking a few pints of beer, and it slowly morphed into Tequila, but slowly enough that you never really noticed the change.

Would you drink a pint of Tequila?

It's so glaringly obvious yet hidden in plain sight. Satan's greatest trick was to convince so many in the world that he didn't exist. What better way to corrupt and distort things more than making one of only two trees explicitly denied us by God freely acceptable and available to all. Masses sitting high in a lethargic cloud of contentment while he rolls his hideous kingdom into play.

All part of the plan before the return of Christ in all his glory.

God Bless

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

""It was brought up on another thread that an "Apple" was the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil. I have no idea why the forbidden fruit gets portrayed as an Apple so often. Here's my belief and why:

I used to smoke it regularly as a teenager, and I remember clearly that often after I smoked I would feel guilty about "sin" although I didn't even know what sin was. Its like I got this insight into myself, and I'd understand that smoking cigarettes was wrong, drinking was wrong, and stealing liqour from my families liquor cabinets was wrong. I realized I had been behaving badly towards my family, and even that smoking pot itself was wrong.

"And ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil....a tree to be desired to make one wise." ~ Genesis 3:5& 6

Notice the scripture says a tree to BE DESIRED. Even though I knew smoking pot was wrong from the effects it gave me, the first thing I did when I was no longer high was to go DESIRE MORE! What a deception! :sigh:

I often stayed inside, or went to places alone in the woods when i was under the effects of marijuana. I seemed to be hiding my "shame" from society, yet at the same time I realized God was watching and I couldn't hide from him! (Now at this time I had NO BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, yet these things were happening!) By smoking pot I seemed to have a comprehension of "good and evil" I also felt shame and wanted to hide....

"Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord amongst the trees of the garden..." ~ Genesis 3:8

Scripture says that when they partook of the fruit that "The eyes of both of them were openned..." ~ Genesis 3:7
We know that medically, marijuana can be used to help the eyes. It is used especially for glaucoma patients. Once in Florida I was camping in the jungle-like forest. I ran into a branch at night and it scratched my eye. My vision was blurred and my eye watered continually. A friend gave me a joint and after one hit my vision cleared and came into focus, just like focussing the lense on a camera or binoculars! My eye quit watering for about an hour. So I have seen the physical as well as mental & spiritual "Opening of the eyes."

Eve saw the tree was good for food and pleasant to the sight. At first people might think this couldn't be marijuana because of the food aspect. Hemp seeds are edible and contain oils that are very healthy for you. It IS good for food! The seed itself has negligible amounts of THC and will not alter ones mind, even in large amounts. But the seed is in the flower, and the flower is chock full of THC. This is what gets a person high. Anyone eating the flowery buds of a marijuana plant will experience a high, and all that goes along with it.

For these reasons I have felt for several years that marijuana is probably the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

#2) It causes "shame" and people often get "paranoid" while high, and want to hide.

#6) It causes itself "To be desired to make one wise" (Or so the smoker thinks...)

Hence, I believe Marijuana fits the criteria for the tree in Genesis 3, and is a far better candidate than Apples. This is also a good incentive NOT to start smoking pot!""

...As I couldn't add to the original thread I thought I'd start a new one. Especially in todays' much morphed society, I believe Starcrystal was spot on in his interpretations back in 2004.

To me it is no coincidence that Cannabis use has been pushed deeper into the roots of society as we have experienced the onset of the Antichrist Kingdom.

What would be more infuriating to God than to have this precious and forbidden tree casually consumed by all. Particularly whilst they are glued to a smartphone etc.

Be warned against its use, it will open your spiritual eye to a level where you can really and truly appreciate that ignorance is bliss. Interestingly it is my experience that those most prominently affected by it are Christians. In ways both good and evil.

I had forsaken all my Christian roots from childhood until I began smoking Cannabis as a teenager, when an appreciation for spirituality over materialism was reborn. I'd "learnt" on some primal level that many of the Christian sentiments are detrimental to success in today's cut-throat society, until Cannabis raised questions and complications within my own spirit that allowed me to cut through the Matrix.

I think perhaps the world as God intended it in Eden has become so lost and vacant through Satan's increasing energy that the same plant as mentioned in Genesis may be what was referred to in Revelations 22:2 as the herb that "was for the healing of the nations".

As people become less human, Cannabis simply reminds them that they have an eternal soul, as opposed to the effect it had on Adam and Eve consuming it in Genesis when it made them like Gods.

Who knows. Just a thought. But I've never consumed the "Fruit" of any other "Tree" and felt a heightened thirst for the spiritual/theological and a persistent reminder of good and evil from my conscience (aka the voice of the Holy Ghost within us)

Let's get real. The Illuminati are forcing all types of evil and things Anti-Christ on todays' youth and spitting in the face of God. And one persistent theme amongst that is Cannabis use. Made to seem cool etc when really is eventually derails lives from Gods original plan.

I smoked for years, recently having to quit after those trippy daydreams you have whilst high became normality in every waking moment. (Lots of the prophets in the Bible experienced such visions, but through the hand of God/Holy Spirit as opposed to Farmakeia)

The stuff nowadays is a different plant, imbalanced of the original chemical compilation as would be found occurring in a natural garden. As if one was drinking a few pints of beer, and it slowly morphed into Tequila, but slowly enough that you never really noticed the change.

It's so glaringly obvious yet hidden in plain sight. Satan's greatest trick was to convince so many in the world that he didn't exist. What better way to corrupt and distort things more than making one of only two trees explicitly denied us by God freely acceptable and available to all. Masses sitting high in a lethargic cloud of contentment while he rolls his hideous kingdom into play.

God Bless
Marijuana is supposed to be less addictive than nicotine. Not that I smoke marijuana, but if safe trials can be done to help manufacture cheaper meds, then I think the pharmaceuticals ought to pursue the trials.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to smoke it regularly as a teenager, and I remember clearly that often after I smoked I would feel guilty about "sin" although I didn't even know what sin was.

Dear new member and first time poster and prolific writer,

Why Does Marijuana Make You Paranoid? - Leaf Science
upload_2017-10-19_16-49-57.png

Sep 5, 2017 - Many people believe that marijuana makes them feel paranoid. Studies show that high doses of THC may cause paranoia...

Upvote 0

Matisyahu8898

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2016
MO
✟34,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that you raise an interesting point, and it fits very well with what Genesis 3 describes, however, I'm going to assume that whatever fruit that was growing on that tree, was only growing on that particular tree. This is why: pretend for a second that it was an apple tree (I don't think it was, just pretend, it's easy to visualize), it'd be weird if God was like, "Hey, see all those apple trees? Don't eat from that one particular apple tree that looks just like all the others." Adam and Eve would likely be confused on which tree was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but they deliberately knew which tree they ate from. After God removed Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, I don't think they were walking one day and were like, "Hey, it's an apple tree! Just like the one in the garden!" I assume that that fruit only grew on one tree, in location. The garden was destroyed in the Great Flood, along with that tree. This is only my opinion, but because there is very, very little evidence concerning the tree's whereabouts, as well as the particular fruit, I assume that it was a special fruit, that human eyes will never see again.
P.S. I think Revelation says something about the Tree of Life coming back, or something like that, but I don't think it mentions The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Marijuana is a bush, not a tree, it also does not produce fruit--just flowers and seeds. It has been used medicinally in many countries for 1000's of years and given to children, even babies to sooth the pain of teething. I drank it for about 2 years for pain relief--never once got high but made life bearable from the pain. It was used in this country legally until 1930's and only outlawed due to the depression and lack of jobs and the whites were now desperate enough to work in the fields that only blacks, Mexicans and other poor people would do. It became illegal to print anything good about it, you could only print bad, and you could do no research on it--consequently no one, not even doctors or the law had any accurate information on it until the last few years when other countries started doing research on it---esp. Israel.

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the OP. Nope, you got it wrong. (the tree of knowledge of good and evil.)

However, 'herbs' are a gift from God. This part you got correct.

Gen 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Psa 104:14
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

I will add that these are medicinal and should not be abused any more than anything else was to be abused.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God Bless

Uhhh...Dude put down the joint. (J/K) It isn't pot. Or an Apple. It's also moot at this point, we're steeped in it. I do kinda see your point. My dad calls this sort of thinking, Magical thinking. It goes way deeper than pot though, the tree of G&E.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I started to put it out there but deleted it because The Church does not teach this.
It's my opinion... you here that.... the following is my opinion.

The knowledge of good and evil has to do with the misuse of sexual organs.

We don't teach our kids this.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started to put it out there but deleted it because The Church does not teach this.

Forgive me...

How dare you come out with such profound truths so early in the morning! Lol! ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Forgive me...

How in the world can you get this out of what happened in the garden??? They had permission to be fruitful and multiply, but hadn't even gotten to it until after the fall. The first time it is menti8ined that Adam "knew" Eve was after they had been expelled from the garden---I know this is off topic, but can't, for the life of me, figure out how anyone can come up with this one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How in the world can you get this out of what happened in the garden??? They had permission to be fruitful and multiply, but hadn't even gotten to it until after the fall. The first time it is menti8ined that Adam "knew" Eve was after they had been expelled from the garden---I know this is off topic, but can't, for the life of me, figure out how anyone can come up with this one.
It really depends on how much metaphor you apply to their story. It also seems influential that God in the OT had so much to say about sexual morality (His version) and the spiritual sicknesses and disease that go with them. Even to the point of saying that these should be expunged. Culling the herd.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless

Interesting take, but I highly doubt that plant WAS/IS the tree in the garden.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will add that these are medicinal and should not be abused any more than anything else was to be abused.

That is a common notion, but it reeks of the philosophy of Western medicine.
In other words, do nothing until you get sick, then look to a substance for the cure. The problem is that drugs do not cure much, except for antibiotics I suppose.
The Eastern view is much more correct. Plants act as a tonic to allow one's body to better do what God has made it to do. The way I see it, that plant is a tonic plant like the others that promote health.
Disclaimer: IMO-smoking it is abusing it - using way too much at one time.
Think of it like hot pepper. A sprinkle on your pizza is amazing, but eat 2 fresh habaneros and you will have a much different experience.
Go look up the endocannabanoid system, what it is and what it does. Why, you'll be surprised.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It really depends on how much metaphor you apply to their story. It also seems influential that God in the OT had so much to say about sexual morality (His version) and the spiritual sicknesses and disease that go with them. Even to the point of saying that these should be expunged. Culling the herd.

Forgive me...

That is one whale of a lot of metaphor. Thank you.

Upvote 0