Faith
Non-Denom
Reactions: dqhall

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Perfume should have cancer abels. If you dont believe me google "perfume chemicals" and "perfume cancer".
Sure, maybe a good point. I think the impact of alcohol on the physical body might be of a greater problem though than that of a few perfumes. And I'm not even saying there should be a push to make labelling happen although they do for cigarettes' so could they do it for alcohol ? Would the public overall be kind of ticked off that government would do this, maybe chipping away how some would consider their having a good time?

OIP.32sNSAl_cgjNKDD6ht3WuAHaE8

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The studies saying this were sponsored by wine industry, so I would not trust that too much.

Independent studies did not confirm it.

Well my doctor told me that red wine is medicinal. 2 five oz glasses with a meal. Beyond
that amount can possibly begin to cause other problems.

It is controversial and I've followed this since the so-called. "French Paradox."

All I can say is, I had a blood infection back in 2019 which hit my bicuspid aortic
heart valve. So, I had to have the valve replaced. Before that however, they had
to do a CAT scan to see if I had any blockages. I had zero despite eating fatty foods
as I was on Atkins diet at one time, and ate eggs daily at a diner before going to work.
I was 68 years old. I attribute it to drinking red wine in moderation. Is it science ? No,
but I enjoyed the wine anyway. :D

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, maybe a good point. I think the impact of alcohol on the physical body might be of a greater problem though than that of a few perfumes. And I'm not even saying there should be a push to make labelling happen although they do for cigarettes' so could they do it for alcohol ? Would the public overall be kind of ticked off that government would do this, maybe chipping away how some would consider their having a good time?

OIP.32sNSAl_cgjNKDD6ht3WuAHaE8
Over half of all pollution in towns and cities in the UK is volatile organic compounds from perfumes and cleaning products. It also directly affects people other than the person using it unlike alcohol (violence, etc is indirect in this use of the term). When I was first diagnosed as having a rection to perfumes my doctor said it was 1 in 10 people who have some sort of adverse reaction, now they say its 1 in 2. All affected by ther peoples use of the products. If it didnt affect others I wouldnt care.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Labels won’t dissuade over consumption or wrong thinking. Culture is part of it.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Rates of Alcohol Use Disorder/Alcoholism (both genders):
Site
  1. Hungary - 21.2%
  2. Russia - 20.9%
  3. Belarus - 18.8%
  4. Latvia - 15.5%
  5. South Korea - 13.9% (tie)
  6. Slovenia - 13.9% (tie)
  7. United States - 13.9% (tie)
  8. Poland - 12.8%
  9. Estonia - 12.2% (tie)
  10. Slovakia - 12.2% (tie)

Upvote 0