Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
umm... I mean.....

Unfortunately, I don't know much about history.... and I won't be able to tell you where the best school is until I know where I will be living then... but I will always love the west coast.... UBC, SFU or UVIC.... Unfortunately, the funding is way better in Ontario.... but it's way nicer here.... there is funding in BC... it's just not as much.

UVic is not much of a graduate school.... probably UBC.... but any grad program depends on finding the right match.... what you want to do, interests of the faculty members, etc.... what area of history are you interested in do you think?

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
My love for history is two-fold. I'm fascinated by Eastern European medieval history - specifically the rise of the city-state and early concepts of citizenship. I'm also developing some interesting ideas regarding worldwide trends in the causes and outcome of political revolution. Either subject area, I'm going to need both a good poly sci department and a good history department.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Milla said:
My love for history is two-fold. I'm fascinated by Eastern European medieval history - specifically the rise of the city-state and early concepts of citizenship. I'm also developing some interesting ideas regarding worldwide trends in the causes and outcome of political revolution. Either subject area, I'm going to need both a good poly sci department and a good history department.

Hmmm.... I'm trying to think about how that fits in withi what people are doing......I will do some digging around... see what I can find out. I know people at most big universities.... will get some info for you.... I think that there is a better chance that I will find someone who knows about the second topic area... but I also think that I know a guy who does european stuff.... but I think that he is more recent and more west... and he's kind of.... annoying.... will check that out too though

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jonathan David said:
Hmmm.... I'm trying to think about how that fits in withi what people are doing......I will do some digging around... see what I can find out. I know people at most big universities.... will get some info for you.... I think that there is a better chance that I will find someone who knows about the second topic area... but I also think that I know a guy who does european stuff.... but I think that he is more recent and more west... and he's kind of.... annoying.... will check that out too though

:kiss: You're fantastic!!

Upvote 0