Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm always impressed by people who can hit at such distances. I watched Top Shot for a couple seasons and that was amazing enough. This is mind blowing.

I remember one episode where they had to hit a target at 1000 yd and, since the criteria for winning was the amount of time it took to hit the target, everybody just kept taking multiple shots and compensating for the previous shot. Then some guy who was a legit military sniper got up, took several minutes to sight in the shot, and hit it on the first try. Even though he technically lost the challenge, everybody knew what the deal was.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I remember one episode where they had to hit a target at 1000 yd and, since the criteria for winning was the amount of time it took to hit the target, everybody just kept taking multiple shots and compensating for the previous shot. Then some guy who was a legit military sniper got up, took several minutes to sight in the shot, and hit it on the first try. Even though he technically lost the challenge, everybody knew what the deal was.

I saw that one. He was fantastic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the real world, after the first miss zipped past, there would not have been a target to shoot at. That is why snipers take their time to get one shot, one hit.

Except maybe when you're two miles away and nobody knows there was a shot

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the sniper missed, there would still be a noticeable sound when the bullet passes. I have heard it a few times without being close enough to hear the muzzle blast. Quite scary actually.

And, shots at this distance are rare.

Well yes I suppose that's true. I can't say I've ever heard a bullet fly by me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting that there are world records for killing people. Are there others, most criminals executed on a single day, fastest killing with a single punch, most deadly bomb under 0.5 kg?
As far as hands on killing this man may hold the record.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In the real world, after the first miss zipped past, there would not have been a target to shoot at. That is why snipers take their time to get one shot, one hit.

I'm amazed the target stayed still enough for the 10 seconds it took for the bullet to travel.

Upvote 0