Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Canada’s top court has ruled in favour of denying accreditation to a Christian law school that banned students from having gay sex.

Friday’s ruling against Trinity Western University in British Columbia (BC) was closely watched by both religious freedom and gay rights advocates.

The university made students promise not to have extra-marital or gay sex.

The Supreme Court found that protecting LGBT students from discrimination trumped religious freedom.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Canada’s top court has ruled in favour of denying accreditation to a Christian law school that banned students from having gay sex.

Friday’s ruling against Trinity Western University in British Columbia (BC) was closely watched by both religious freedom and gay rights advocates.

The Supreme Court found that protecting LGBT students from discrimination trumped religious freedom.
No such restriction was imposed on faculty or admins?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So ? The courts and so-called 'justice system' has been wrong so often, that's expected.

The Bible said that would happen also, written about 2000 years ago, accurately describing the perversion like sodom and gomorrah that would engulf the whole society. (including oppressing the poor)

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I guess I'll never understand why some Christians obsess over what kind of sex gay couples have. That's just a little too creepy for me. It's none of my business what goes on behind the closed doors of another consenting adult's bedroom. The love life of other consenting adults is none of my concern.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can have whatever social vision you like. You just can't force it on your students.
Except for the LGBTG community apparently...
They can force their convictions on anybody..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You can have whatever social vision you like. You just can't force it on your students.

Who can't ? (this has nothing at all to do with social vision, btw)

Jesus required all of His students who follow Him to "go and sin no more".

There were/are various judgments or disciplines if they disobey.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I guess I'll never understand why some Christians obsess over what kind of sex gay couples have. That's just a little too creepy for me. It's none of my business what goes on behind the closed doors of another consenting adult's bedroom. The love life of other consenting adults is none of my concern.
It is of concern only to those abiding in the Kingdom of Yahweh, alive in Jesus.

Actually, it might well be of concern to others also, because of the great punishments and evils that accompany perversion. (just to be around it)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Wait . . . did they leave the banning of extramarital heterosexual activity in place?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I'll never understand why some Christians obsess over what kind of sex gay couples have.
What if it's not an obsession but a conviction?
Why would gays go to a Christian University anyway?
That's just a little too creepy for me. It's none of my business what goes on behind the closed doors of another consenting adult's bedroom.
What's the next thing you won't care about? Consensual sex with children? Or consensual inappropriate behavior with animals (because animals don't mind)?
The love life of other consenting adults is none of my concern.
Nor is anything God has said your concern, perhaps.
So you won't choose a Christian university for your education then.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would be very happy if it was behind closed doors. Please, please bring back the closed doors and stop rubbing everyone's face in it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Nobody has ever had to change their convicted opinion that race-mixing or gay marriage is wicked. They just don't get to prevent race-mixing or gay marriage.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would be very happy if it was behind closed doors. Please, please bring back the closed doors and stop rubbing everyone's face in it.
Are you frequently encountering gay couples engaged in sex? If so you may want to reconsider the places you frequent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What if it's not an obsession but a conviction?
Why would gays go to a Christian University anyway?What's the next thing you won't care about? Consensual sex with children? Or consensual inappropriate behavior with animals (because animals don't mind)? Nor is anything God has said your concern, perhaps.

There's no such thing as consensual sex with children because children can't consent. Why is that so hard to understand?

Really? When was the last time you were forced to have gay sex, exactly?

Me being allowed to do something in my own home is not forcing you to do anything.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Wait . . . did they leave the banning of extramarital heterosexual activity in place?

I don't actually know, but possibly nobody sued them over that part. As I understand it, the school no longer makes it mandatory for students to sign the 'covenant' at all, so neither clause applies.

• Informative
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Fascist homosexuals,"It's none of your business what I do on your property."

Said no one ever.

Fascist homosexuals, "It's none of your business what I teach your church."

When do people teach churches?

Fascist homosexuals, "You can have whatever social vision you like. You just can't force it on your students."

Said me. Please be aware I do not self-identify as a fascist homosexual.

Do not be deceived, those who practice homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Neither will angry new users with 1 post.

Upvote 0