• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Canadian Rumors... AR15 and other Semi-Automatic firearms... Possibly Pistols and revolvers....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by MarkRohfrietsch, May 31, 2019.

1. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    Update...
    On June 21 Canadian Bill C71 received Royal Assent, and was signed into law by our Governor General. However, to come into force, it must be published in the "Canada Gazette" with the date that it is to come into force. This has yet to be done, however bills signed into law after C71 have been published.

We believe that the Liberals will again make this an election issue, and will wait until after our fall election (should they get into power again) to enact it and start their ban campaign.

The conservative party has promised to repeal C71, but in the event they get a minority government, it would be unlikely that they could.

With the requirement to not just see, but verify the license of everyone who buys even non restricted guns, and the governments policy of no weekend workers at the Chief Firearms Officer's office, this will also effectively put a stop to weekend gun shows and local gun club swap meets.

We are not out of the woods yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Newtheran

Newtheran Well-Known Member

+556
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Will do, and prayers for more of your people to recall their history before anyone named Trudeau.

3. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    Thanks; The Maple Leaf Forever should, in my mind still be our national anthem!

4. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,888
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Pray that they can have guns?

5. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+5,489
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Thread cleaned up
    Firearms Forum Statement of Purpose
    Some specific guidelines for this forum include:
    1. This is a safehouse forum for firearms enthusiasts, criticizing or mocking gun owners is not alowed.
    2. This forum is intended to be informational and not for debate. There may be some disagreements, but these should be handled with grace towards one another rather than attacking one another.
    3. No political campaigning. This includes advocating either for or against gun control. Discussions of how to navigate various gun control situations and what measures are in effect in various jurisdictions is allowed. Posting news related to changing gun laws is allowed.

MOD HAT OFF

6. SJP51

SJP51 New Member

+10
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    It is true that in Amercia (and I suppose elsewhere) there is certainly division between political parties regarding all things "liberal" and "conservative". But, respectfully, I suggest that you reconsider that advocating for or against gun control is not merely a "political" position. I feel the issue transcends politics and enters the realm of God given human rights, freedom, public safety, and good vs. evil. Where one stands on this issue and why is important and necessary to discuss.

I've seen far too many forums that are fully one side or the other. Where anyone with an oposing view was slammed and belittled. I had hoped a Christian Forums would allow civil discussion between brothers.

I see that a post of mine in this thread was deleted. That's too bad. I did offer information, indeed facts on the subject meant soley to enlighten and I was not abusive in any way.

The Church is devided on many issues. Gun Control, gay rights, gay marriage, gay pastors, abortion and the list grows as more and more congregations lose their way. If we cannot discuss them here, where can they be discussed?

7. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+2,861
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    They can be discussed in OTHER sections of Christian Forums (like Ethics and Morality, Christian Philosophy and Ethics, etc.) - NOT the Firearms section! :)

You're new here; it takes awhile to learn your way around.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  8. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,749
    Christian
    Married
    Excellent! I wonder how many people know an AR-15 is just like any other sporting rifle (semi-automatic), just physically constructed differently.

9. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+12,491
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    OK but the newer version --- the original version is irredeemably imperialistic.

• List
  10. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    Not "irredeemably" but historically correct (which many revisionists confuse with "politicall correctness".

We remained part of the the British Empire, and later the British Commonwealth, so it is "historically" correct. We still ceremoniously remain part of the British Empire in that all laws (provincial, federal) must receive "Royal Assent" by our Governor General, and Lieutenant Governors, our provincial highways are still legally called "The Queens Highways", and all land not owned by private individuals or corporations remain "Crown Land"; a "Mace" is carried in at the opening of Federal and Provincial parliaments as a symbol of the "Authority of the Crown"

From the outside looking in, the US appears to many, including Canadians who know the history of both our countries, to be "Imperialistic". Be mindful the the US did invade Upper Canada in British North America (war of 1812); then later in the 1800s we had to yet again repel unprovoked invasions from the south.

From Wikipedia:

"The Maple Leaf Forever"
    is a Canadian song written by Alexander Muir (1830–1906) in 1867, the year of Canada's Confederation.[1] He wrote the work after serving with the Queen's Own Rifles of Toronto in the Battle of Ridgeway against the Fenians in 1866.
    Fenian withdrawal
    The battle at Ridgeway was followed by a Fenian victory later in the afternoon over the heavily outnumbered Canadian volunteer Welland Field Battery (armed as an infantry unit) and the Dunnville Naval Brigade at Fort Erie. Nevertheless, the rapid convergence of large British and Canadian reinforcements convinced many of the Fenians to return in haste to the United States – some on logs, on rafts, or by swimming. O'Neill and 850 Fenians[15] surrendered their arms to waiting U.S. authorities. In his book, 1916: The Easter Rising, Tim Pat Coogan said the force was described at the time as the Irish Republican Army.

Constitutionally, both the war of 1812 and the Feenian raids were illegal, in that American Militias, they were only allowed to defend US soil, not invade foreign soil.

Now moving back on topic; we don't have a 2nd amendment, but we do have history, and historically in the case of the war of 1812 and the Feenian raids, it was not just our British, later Canadian regiments who defended (not invaded) but private individuals both British Subjects and First Nations peoples (for example; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecumseh), who armed themselves to defend our sovereignty. We have always had the right to have firearms, until a Liberal government decided it was a privilege, not a right.

Someone (I think it was an American) stated "if we fail to heed history, we are destined to repeat it". Unfortunately, "historically correctness" is all but dead in this day and age; and human kind keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

If you want more examples, there are lots. I'm not an imperialist, but I am an (amateur) Historian.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • List
  11. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    No, for deliverance from a repressive government. Irrational gun control that achieves nothing is but a symptom of a broken system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+12,491
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    As am I.

13. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    It was drawn to my attention that I made an historic error regarding the US constitution; I posted that it was the 5th amendment, when it should have read 2nd see bold and red above.

Many thanks Darkhorse, it is much appreciated!

Mark

14. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+423
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Same issues, same arguments we hear and use in the states, I hope everything goes y'all in Canada

What you said about the UK is true, you are more likely to be mugged, assaulted, or, stabbed in London, than NYC.

15. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,744
    Lutheran
    Married
    Not so much, but some do say Ehh, and others like us (regional) say Yeah instead of yes (from the German Ja). Interesting how language develops due to outside influences.
    [​IMG]