California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Frickadoodle, it's very late and I popped on here to unwind my mind, but now I've got EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! playing loudly in my head. I'm now deliberating whether I should self-adminster a lobotomy, surrender to the song and just bop along even though I agree with @Go Braves that it's terrible, or YouTube around to find a replacement.

I went with choice 3. I don't like this song very much either, but this 9-year-old boy is so precious with his passionate singing of it:

I will make a note of this for future trips to Quebec since I often treat our cars like my own personal little stage to sing my heart out on, haha. That ticket is steep. I hope he successfully fights it.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,165.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He's going to contest the ticket and I hope he gets it thrown out. This smacks to me of a nation/province that has WAY too many laws. Just wow.
I suspect you will find the USA has just as many laws, thinking about not just federal, state but city laws as well.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect you will find the USA has just as many laws, thinking about not just federal, state but city laws as well.

Oh we definitely have too many laws. But at least we do not have "hate speech" laws, the final nail in the coffin....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He's going to contest the ticket and I hope he gets it thrown out. This smacks to me of a nation/province that has WAY too many laws. Just wow.
There is also a Quebec element; you may well ask whether patrols would have taken the same notice of someone singing in French. In Quebec you can be fined if a shop sign is in English.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No. Not quite. BUT, there are laws about "distracted driving". Depending on what "singing in your car" looks like, perhaps a cop would be using their own judgement, but it's not a "way too many laws".

Unless you think distracted driving is ok.
I suspect it's more that the way he was singing indicated he wasn't paying attention to the road.
Thank you for putting this up.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A friend of mine is a lawyer.

He makes the following argument all the time, he says, "There are so many laws on the books in the US, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a citizen to go one day without breaking a law"

There are a lot of laws that are "subjective" and based on the officer's judgment. And if an officer feels a certain thing at the time then that is that, you've broken the law... SO never mind that I've driven for over 30 years without one accident and only have 2 traffic violations on my record (both over 20 years old). If an officer feels I was "distracted" because I was singing while driving then that is that, I broke the law and here is my $149 ticket...

Upvote 0