Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A Christian has been fined a total of $55,000 in Canada because he told the truth about a politician claiming to be a woman. In other words, truth is no defense against a charge of "slandering" someone by telling the truth about them. Not even a public figure. This is a startling precedent for public figures have always had a much tougher time proving slander or defamation just because they are public figures. Now, at least in Canada for right now, truth doesn't matter. You can be declared guilty even if what you say is true.

Court orders Christian to pay $55,000 to trans politician for calling him ‘biological male’

The day is fast approaching when proclaiming the truths of the Bible is going to declared illegal. Ellen White is being shown to have been correct once again in her prophecies.

This prophecy has been fulfilled in a marked manner. Every indignity, reproach, and cruelty that Satan could instigate human hearts to devise, has been visited upon the followers of Jesus. And it will be again fulfilled in a marked manner; for the carnal heart is still at enmity with the law of God, and will not be subject to its commands. The world is no more in harmony with the principles of Christ today than it was in the days of the apostles. The same hatred that prompted the cry, “Crucify Him! crucify Him!” the same hatred that led to the persecution of the disciples, still works in the children of disobedience. The same spirit which in the Dark Ages consigned men and women to prison, to exile, and to death, which conceived the exquisite torture of the Inquisition, which planned and executed the Massacre of St. Bartholomew, and which kindled the fires of Smithfield, is still at work with malignant energy in unregenerate hearts. The history of truth has ever been the record of a struggle between right and wrong. The proclamation of the gospel has ever been carried forward in this world in the face of opposition, peril, loss, and suffering.
What was the strength of those who in the past have suffered persecution for Christ’s sake? It was union with God, union with the Holy Spirit, union with Christ. Reproach and persecution have separated many from earthly friends, but never from the love of Christ. Never is the tempest-tried soul more dearly loved by his Saviour than when he is suffering reproach for the truth’s sake. “I will love him,” Christ said, “and will manifest Myself to him.” John 14:21. When for the truth’s sake the believer stands at the bar of earthly tribunals, Christ stands by his side. When he is confined within prison walls, Christ manifests Himself to him and cheers his heart with His love. When he suffers death for Christ’s sake, the Saviour says to him, They may kill the body, but they cannot hurt the soul. “Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.” John 16:33; Isaiah 41:10. Acts of the Apostles pp. 84, 85

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Slander" is not so much about whether the information is factual as it is about whether it is distributed in a way to harm the person.

In that sense it is not unlike the Jewish concept of "lashon harah," or the evil tongue. Paul told us to speak the truth IN LOVE. Love does not tear down or degrade a person in front of someone else.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ecclesiastes 1

8All things are wearisome,

more than one can describe;

the eye is not satisfied with seeing,

nor the ear content with hearing.

9What has been will be again,

and what has been done will be done again;

there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there a case where one can say,

“Look, this is new”?

It has already existed

in the ages before us.

11There is no remembrance

of those who came before,

and those to come will not be remembered

by those who follow after.

We live in a chaotic world.

Even so ... come Lord Jesus. Amen

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Slander" is not so much about whether the information is factual as it is about whether it is distributed in a way to harm the person.

In that sense it is not unlike the Jewish concept of "lashon harah," or the evil tongue. Paul told us to speak the truth IN LOVE. Love does not tear down or degrade a person in front of someone else.
A person cannot be held guilty of slander, at least until now, for being factually correct. And a man who now considers himself a woman is, scientifically, still a biological male. He still has an X chromosone, and no woman has one. How that can be considered hateful is beyond me. All male mammals have the X chromosone and all femaie mammals have two Y chromosones. This is factual biology.

Saying that the person is a 'biological male" is tearing him down? How? That is the wording explicitly referred to by the judge in the case. The judge said that although it is true it was hate speech because the person chose to be offended. This is like a myriad other instances where political correctness has run amok.

Look at the professor from Everett College in Washington state, Weinstein. All he tried to do was engage students in a dialog with an opposing point of view. That was his entire "crime". He lost his job. Feared for his and his family's lives, had to move, etc.... The campus cops told him they could not protect him. Why? Because they had been told not to by college administrators. He, as far as the college administration was concerned, was guilty of hate speech for simply attempting to engage students with a different point of view. Those students didn't want to have any kind of dialog, they just wanted to punish Weinstein for holding an opposing point of view.

That's exactly what I see in this case. The Christian refused to be politically correct and repeat a falsehood, and for that he was punished. This is exactly what Jordan Peterson predicted would come about from this law. It is the end of free speech.

Upvote 0