Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes I'm using the word "Concentration Camp" a little loose for the sake of rhetoric and alliteration (kind of like "Kids in Cages").

Last month Canada began interning Covid positive travelers entering Canada.
The people are being housed in hotel rooms and other facilities, but often they cannot lock the door to their room and people are getting attacked and sometimes raped.

I don't think this has really made the news, except for Tucker Carlson covering it. So we don't really know what the Facilities look like etc.

COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders - Travel.gc.ca

Canada Introduces Stricter Restrictions on International Travel | JD Supra

• Useful
Reactions: Jake Arsenal

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am currently watching Canadian Lawyer and video Blogger Viva Frei who has lots of great commentary on American and Canadian legal events (including political ones). He's going to talk about Canada's Covid response in general. I'm guessing he will cover this at least in passing, but he is always really interesting and educational to watch regardless.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I'm using the word "Concentration Camp" a little loose for the sake of rhetoric and alliteration (kind of like "Kids in Cages").

Last month Canada began interning Covid positive travelers entering Canada.
The people are being housed in hotel rooms and other facilities, but often they cannot lock the door to their room and people are getting attacked and sometimes raped.

I don't think this has really made the news, except for Tucker Carlson covering it. So we don't really know what the Facilities look like etc.

COVID-19: Travel, testing, quarantine and borders - Travel.gc.ca

Canada Introduces Stricter Restrictions on International Travel | JD Supra
Before Tucker starts calling Trudeau an idiot he should remember that in TX they were prepared to...
Judge Shelton said there have not yet been any cases of coronavirus patients refusing to quarantine, but he explained some of the court's options if it were to happen.

"Putting them under a court order to stay at home, to where someone would check on them to ensure they are being in compliance," he said in a phone interview with 12News. "There were discussions about using ankle monitoring to ensure that. I mean the most extreme case, of course, would place someone in a secure facility until the disease runs its course."

Shelton said this is just a proactive measure so that the state is prepared.
Texas judges able to enforce COVID-19 positive quarantine orders if necessary | 12newsnow.com

Out-of-state travelers don't have a home to go to, so it's a hotel for them.

Failure to abide by a quarantine is a third-degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Many of the state’s quarantine laws were established after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the anthrax attacks that followed.
Texas judges tapped to enforce, if needed, coronavirus quarantines

Upvote 0

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian
Forced quarantine must suck especially in a hotel room where all you can get is 24/7 FOX News and endless 'reality' TV shows.

Especially if the food is sub-par or you are having to survive off of vending machines. There can be no excuse for this inhumane suspension of liberties. Well ok maybe 4 days in a hotel eating gummi bears is slightly better than 4 months of working 12 hour shifts in full PPE on a covid ward unable to go home to your family for fear of passing a deadly virus on to them, or perhaps 4 weeks on a ventilator gasping for every single breath.

But still it's important to remember that, as a Covid+ve ambassador, my right to walk around breathing on people, is a fundamental human one, and people need to respect my right to cough on them, or serve them food, or brush past their grandmother on a crowded street....because otherwise we are all gonna be living in Nazi Germany or even worse Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Forced quarantine must suck especially in a hotel room where all you can get is 24/7 FOX News and endless 'reality' TV shows.

Especially if the food is sub-par or you are having to survive off of vending machines. There can be no excuse for this inhumane suspension of liberties. Well ok maybe 4 days in a hotel eating gummi bears is slightly better than 4 months of working 12 hour shifts in full PPE on a covid ward unable to go home to your family for fear of passing a deadly virus on to them, or perhaps 4 weeks on a ventilator gasping for every single breath.

But still it's important to remember that, as a Covid+ve ambassador, my right to walk around breathing on people, is a fundamental human one, and people need to respect my right to cough on them, or serve them food, or brush past their grandmother on a crowded street....because otherwise we are all gonna be living in Nazi Germany or even worse Canada.

I had to read this twice to realize what you did. Well done.

• Friendly
Reactions: apogee
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You shouldn't spread Tucker's conspiracy junk.

Public Health didn't order locks removed from quarantine hotel doors, Commons safety committee told | National Post

Iain Stewart, president of the Public Health Agency of Canada, responded there are locks on all the doors of the designated quarantine facilities PHAC runs.

“Of course, the private-sector hotels that we’re referring to here had no direction from us at any time to remove locks or any security devices of any nature,” he said.

The committee launched the study after reports of two incidents of sexual assault involving returning travellers in mandatory quarantine. On Feb. 17, a woman was assaulted by a fellow traveller at a quarantine hotel in Montreal, and a day later, a quarantine screening officer demanded cash from a woman and then assaulted her at her home in Oakville, Ont. Two men have been charged with sexual assault and other charges in relation to the incidents.

Upvote 0