Can you sell your soul and can you get it back?

RealMajor1001

Jan 29, 2019
Covington
✟15,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Age 16 and probably have OCD)I have had this fear for a while and it just resurfaced it happened two or three summers ago when I was stressed and worried about a surgery because I heard you could still be awake during surgery and feel everything. One night I was praying for god to protect me and that I would do anything to be protected and then I had this thought which said “even sell your soul” then I said “I would never do that” and I’m not completely sure what I said it could have been “I would rather have the worst day of my life then sell my soul” or it could have been about 5 minutes later and I said “I would rather have the worst day of my life then be awake during the surgery”. Then the next day was horrible because I had plans to go to a party but it rained so bad that I could not go and then after my mom and dad ordered pizza to make me feel better but then the pizza man got into a crash on the way to our house. I know what you are think hey that is not that bad and of course because When I was super worried I had a thought “all that happened and you lost your possibility to go to heaven that’s why it’s the worst day of your life” .

Also i had a vision when i was saying "no get that out of my head" i got a vision of me standing in front of a man in a black suit and then i signed something. (i think that was a intrusive thought because i have those kind a lot especially back then) I never wanted to but i'm worried i did.

1. Can you sell your soul?
2. If it is possible did i?
3. Will god forgive?
4. Can god hear me?
5. Would god ever give away the soul?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
(Age 16 and probably have OCD)I have had this fear for a while and it just resurfaced it happened two or three summers ago when I was stressed and worried about a surgery because I heard you could still be awake during surgery and feel everything. One night I was praying for god to protect me and that I would do anything to be protected and then I had this thought which said “even sell your soul” then I said “I would never do that” and I’m not completely sure what I said it could have been “I would rather have the worst day of my life then sell my soul” or it could have been about 5 minutes later and I said “I would rather have the worst day of my life then be awake during the surgery”. Then the next day was horrible because I had plans to go to a party but it rained so bad that I could not go and then after my mom and dad ordered pizza to make me feel better but then the pizza man got into a crash on the way to our house. I know what you are think hey that is not that bad and of course because When I was super worried I had a thought “all that happened and you lost your possibility to go to heaven that’s why it’s the worst day of your life” .

Also i had a vision when i was saying "no get that out of my head" i got a vision of me standing in front of a man in a black suit and then i signed something. (i think that was a intrusive thought because i have those kind a lot especially back then) I never wanted to but i'm worried i did.

3. Will god forgive?
4. Can god hear me?
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. No...if anyone, God is faithful and true.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

3. Will god forgive?
4. Can god hear me?
I just want to let you know that I have the same thoughts and it's really hard but Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and I have to trust Him to save me. If you ever want to talk you can message me anytime. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No, not literally. You can serve evil and therefore you soul is "owned" in a sense but it cannot be bought and sold like actual property.

3. Will god forgive?

Yes because there is only one sin he will not forgive.

4. Can god hear me?

Yes.

Your soul is YOU...he won't "give away" such a thing but he will eventually cast people away forever if they live a bad type of life rejecting him and his Son.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

3. Will god forgive?
4. Can god hear me?

The only unforgiable sin is rejecting God.

Upvote 0

RealMajor1001

Jan 29, 2019
Covington
✟15,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm thinking the selling the soul thing may not even be a thing because of five promises

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

John 10:28-29 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 6:37-40 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And also the selling soul thing is never mentioned in the Bible and if it where something that you could never come back from Jesus would have at least said something about it. And selling your soul is not the unforgivable sin that Christ does mention.

I just wanted to share with you and was wondering if I’m correct?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Rejecting God is not unforgivable. Scripture says blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.

Mat_12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

3. Will god forgive?
4. Can god hear me?

Question: "Is it possible to sell your soul to the devil?"

Answer:
In the fanciful tale of Dr. Faustus, a man makes a deal with the devil: in exchange for his body and soul, the man is to receive supernatural power and pleasures for 24 years. The devil agrees to the trade, and Dr. Faustus enjoys the pleasures of sin for a season, but his doom is sealed. At the end of 24 years, Faustus attempts to thwart the devil’s plans, but he meets a frightful demise, nonetheless. This legend works well as a morality tale and as a metaphor for the wages of sin, but the details of its plot are not biblical.

The Bible has no instance of a person “selling his soul” to Satan, and it never implies that making a bargain with the devil is possible. Here is some of what Scripture does reveal about Satan:

1) Satan has power enough to oppose even the angels (Jude 9; Daniel 10:12-13).

2) Satan seeks to deceive by masquerading as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).

3) God has provided the means of defending ourselves against Satan’s attacks (Ephesians 6:11-12).

4) Satan’s power is limited by God’s will (Job 1:10-12; 1 Corinthians 10:13).

5) As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Surely, there are those who suffer under direct satanic control, such as the young medium of Philippi (Acts 16:16-19). And there are those who have devoted themselves to the devil’s work, such as the sorcerers Simon (Acts 8:9-11) and Elymas (Acts 13:8). However, in each of these three examples, the power of God prevails over Satan’s slavery. In fact, Simon is offered a chance to repent (Acts 8:22). Obviously, there had been no irrevocable “selling” of Simon’s soul.

Without Christ, we are all under condemnation of death (Romans 3:23). Before we are saved, we are all in bondage to the devil, as 1 John 5:19 says, “The whole world lies in the power of the evil one.” Praise the Lord, we have a new Master, One who can break the chains of any sin and set us free (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Mark 5:1-15).

www.gotquestions.org/sell-soul-devil.html

Upvote 0