catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by all this you are trying to say sin causes us to lose our salvation until we acknowledge it- you are biblically wrong!
Why did you respond as if I said something so differently worded than what I wrote?
I did not even address that question at all. I think it's a misleading question in a way, and you should immediately stop trusting in men that try to replace Christ's messages with their own doctrines such as that one stated either way.

If someone tells you we are saved and can just sin all we want (one (poor) way of reading Martin Luther *(see note)) -- stop trusting them, and trust Christ's words instead.

If someone tells you we are saved and must never sin or we lose salvation -- stop trusting them, and trust Christ's words instead.

In fact, regardless of what your preacher or school says, stop trusting them above Christ's words, even if they say right things!

-----------------
* -- To help anyone not knowing (which is probably most people) what in the world Martin Luther really meant by "sin boldly", this is an helpful article:

Did Luther really tell us to 'love God and sin boldly'?

Also, the more full context was here in post 438:
Can you lose your salvation

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did you respond as if I said something so differently worded than what I wrote?
I did not even address that question at all. I think it's a misleading question in a way, and you should immediately stop trusting in men that try to replace Christ's messages with their own doctrines such as that one stated either way.

If someone tells you we are saved and can just sin all we want (one (poor) way of reading Martin Luther *(see note)) -- stop trusting them, and trust Christ's words instead.

If someone tells you we are saved and must never sin or we lose salvation -- stop trusting them, and trust Christ's words instead.

In fact, regardless of what your preacher or school says, stop trusting them above Christ's words, even if they say right things!

-----------------
* -- To help anyone not knowing (which is probably most people) what in the world Martin Luther really meant by "sin boldly", this is an helpful article:

Did Luther really tell us to 'love God and sin boldly'?

Also, the more full context was here in post 438:
Can you lose your salvation

Wjhy do you respond by failing to answer a simple question? I don't Trust Luther or Calvin or a pope or pastor unless there words correspond to the Word of God ads written.

So I am asking you a simple question and you know what I am asking. According to you and how you believe can one who is born again (saved) Child of God (saved) if they sin- can they eventually lose their eternal life and go to the lake of fire upon death. C'mon man you know is being asked and you appear intelligent enough to give the simple answer.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wjhy do you respond by failing to answer a simple question? I don't Trust Luther or Calvin or a pope or pastor unless there words correspond to the Word of God ads written.

So I am asking you a simple question and you know what I am asking. According to you and how you believe can one who is born again (saved) Child of God (saved) if they sin- can they eventually lose their eternal life and go to the lake of fire upon death. C'mon man you know is being asked and you appear intelligent enough to give the simple answer.
Because it's a wrongful question. Anyone is far better off to read scripture than to try to arrive at one of the 2 opposite ideas, because the truth isn't on either of those 2 artificial positions.

"According to you and how you believe can one who is born again (saved) Child of God (saved) if they sin- can they eventually lose their eternal life and go to the lake of fire upon death. " -- A position I don't have you are oddly trying to paint onto me. Both that position and the opposite are both wrong.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it's a wrongful question. Anyone is far better off to read scripture than to try to arrive at one of the 2 opposite ideas, because the truth isn't on either of those 2 artificial positions.

"According to you and how you believe can one who is born again (saved) Child of God (saved) if they sin- can they eventually lose their eternal life and go to the lake of fire upon death. " -- A position I don't have you are oddly trying to paint onto me. Both that position and the opposite are both wrong.

Well you know what is being asked and you refuse to answer. I will put it another way. Can people who have been given eternal life lose that life. Until you answer that question it is fruitless to try to have a conversation with you and your game playing.

So if both positions are wrong I guess you don't believe in eternal life and eternal damnation!

If you stopped playing this avoidance game (and all here know you are just avoiding answering a simple question by your spiritual dodgeball)

See SCripture says people are saved or lost. You know what these words mean unless you are far more ignorant than how you write.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you know what is being asked and you refuse to answer. I will put it another way. Can people who have been given eternal life lose that life. Until you answer that question it is fruitless to try to have a conversation with you and your game playing.

So if both positions are wrong I guess you don't believe in eternal life and eternal damnation!

If you stopped playing this avoidance game (and all here know you are just avoiding answering a simple question by your spiritual dodgeball)

See SCripture says people are saved or lost. You know what these words mean unless you are far more ignorant than how you write.
The answers to all Christians on this key question of what to do when they sin is in 1rst John chapter 1 and 2 -- to confess, humbly, in order that they be cleansed -- though perhaps some will be reassured to additionally read about "confession" in some article or explanation, such as from the Lutheran Church or any other mainstream church with well developed explanations, about the necessity of confession.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we sin, we are to confess to God --
1 John 1 NIV (continue into chapter 2 recommended)

Some common questions some may have can usually be answered in summary articles like this one:
Confession

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The answers to all Christians on this key question of what to do when they sin is in 1rst John chapter 1 and 2 -- to confess, humbly, in order that they be cleansed -- though perhaps some will be reassured to additionally read about "confession" in some article or explanation, such as from the Lutheran Church or any other mainstream church with well developed explanations, about the necessity of confession.

And if a Christian dies before they confess, what then???

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if a Christian dies before they confess, what then???
If they have faith and have been following Christ, then we could guess they will be in heaven.

I realized that it would be likely someone has written out articles about confession that are well written, clear, helpful, and that's likely to be more clear and well written than I can do in a few minutes. A quick search showed this article at the top, and it looks pretty clear and helpful:

Why Is Confession Necessary If We’re Already Forgiven?

Of course, you can read more than just 1 explanation, and it would be better. I think the time I read about this was probably nearly 10 years back, after we joined this Lutheran church, and if you'd like me to search through more articles that lay out more I can. But I think the best first step is to read and absorb what is in 1rst John chapters 1 and 2.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they have faith and have been following Christ, then we could guess they will be in heaven.

I realized that it would be likely someone has written out articles about confession that are well written, clear, helpful, and that's likely to be more clear and well written than I can do in a few minutes. A quick search showed this article at the top, and it looks pretty clear and helpful:

Why Is Confession Necessary If We’re Already Forgiven?

Of course, you can read more than just 1 explanation, and it would be better. I think the time I read about this was probably nearly 10 years back, after we joined this Lutheran church, and if you'd like me to search through more articles that lay out more I can. But I think the best first step is to read and absorb what is in 1rst John chapters 1 and 2.

Well I know what the Scriptures say and I shall no longer respond to you. You spend too much time to avoid answerring a question that requires a yes or no!

PM me if you want to converse like noirmal people do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟249,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Until we know the permanency of salvation our understanding of it will be incomplete, because salvation means eternally saved, for there is only one type of salvation, "eternal salvation" (Heb 5:9). Thankfully salvation can be obtained apart from a complete understanding of it, which is the case with many who genuinely profess faith in the Lord Jesus.

God bless!

Reactions: nolidad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Until we know the permanency of salvation our understanding of it will be incomplete, because salvation means eternally saved, for there is only one type of salvation, "eternal salvation" (Heb 5:9). Thankfully salvation can be obtained apart from a complete understanding of it, which is the case with many who genuinely profess faith in the Lord Jesus.

God bless!

Learning the full magnitude of all the Jesus gained for us by His death and REsurrection is a life long pursuit!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a person does believe in Christ risen, then I think that person will want to hear all of His words to us, in the gospel accounts, and not only a few selected parts, and some doctrine to substitute in place of His words.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a person does believe in Christ risen, then I think that person will want to hear all of His words to us, in the gospel accounts, and not only a few selected parts, and some doctrine to substitute in place of His words.

They should want to. But many children of God wish to grow only so far and no further. Tey are still children of God- just being disobedient children.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0