CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION BY NOT BEING FAITHFUL TO THE END?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@LoveGodsWord you rated his post "winner" but he talks about ongoing continual confession and repentance (that is ""maintaining a humble, repentant attitude and and nature) throughout this life", and I was just wondering if that is something you do LGW...?

God Bless!

When we are new christians God only holds us accountable to what we know, not what we do not know *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17. As we continue in God's WORD and learn more and receive a KNOWLEDGE of the truth God expects us to repent from the things we may not have known about in the past and BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *ACTS 17:30-31; COLOSSIANS 2:6 . While we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD we are his children. If we turn away from following God's WORD then we are no longer following God's WORD. When we receive a knowledge of the truth God expects us to repent and believe and follow him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I might start working through the questions and link them to the OP.

1. Can we lose our salvation?

Let's look at the scriptures here...

REPENTANCE *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13, CONFESSION *1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13 OF SIN *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and FAITH *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's promises *2 PETER 1:4 in the NEW COVENANT are all requirement for salvation. Those who follow God do not practice sin and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13.

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19. It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, SIN is the transgression of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and through the LAW we have the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11. No one is "UNDER THE LAW" if they have by God's GRACE repented of their SINS and CONFESSED them and by FAITH Accepted the FREE GIFT of God's SALVATION *ACTS 2:38; 3:19; 8:22; 1 JOHN 1:9; EPHESIANS 2:13. According to God's WORD it is only those who are CONINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN that are "UNDER THE LAW" because they stand guilty before God of breaking it *ROMANS 3:19 and do not know God and need to be BORN AGAIN *1 JOHN 2;1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD through love. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

ARE WE IN A SAVED STATE WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?

All those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are not in a saved state before God and can lose their salvation unless they REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.
* HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14; ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6; REVELATION 21:7-8; TITUS 2:11-12

What are your thoughts?

I will link this first answered question to the OP for ease of access.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God)

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I might start working through the questions and link them to the OP.

1. Can we lose our salvation?

Let's look at the scriptures here...

REPENTANCE *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13, CONFESSION *1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13 OF SIN *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and FAITH *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's promises *2 PETER 1:4 in the NEW COVENANT are all requirement for salvation. Those who follow God do not practice sin and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13.

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19. It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, SIN is the transgression of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and through the LAW we have the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11. No one is "UNDER THE LAW" if they have by God's GRACE repented of their SINS and CONFESSED them and by FAITH Accepted the FREE GIFT of God's SALVATION *ACTS 2:38; 3:19; 8:22; 1 JOHN 1:9; EPHESIANS 2:13. According to God's WORD it is only those who are CONINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN that are "UNDER THE LAW" because they stand guilty before God of breaking it *ROMANS 3:19 and do not know God and need to be BORN AGAIN *1 JOHN 2;1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD through love. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

ARE WE IN A SAVED STATE WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?

All those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are not in a saved state before God and can lose their salvation unless they REPENT and BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.
* HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14; ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6; REVELATION 21:7-8; TITUS 2:11-12

What are your thoughts?

I will link this first answered question to the OP for ease of access.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word of God)

Not part of the discussion, but I like your knowledge of the word and how you rightly divide it 2 Timothy 2:15 .

I wonder how you got to become so knowledgeable. I love how you back up everything with scripture. Anywho, I didn't mean to interrupt yall discussion.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not part of the discussion, but I like your knowledge of the word and how you rightly divide it 2 Timothy 2:15 .

I wonder how you got to become so knowledgeable. I love how you back up everything with scripture. Anywho, I didn't mean to interrupt yall discussion.

Hello BrotherD, great to meet you here :).

Thank you for your kind words brother but there is nothing from me accept faith in God's promises which he freely gives to all who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. Without JESUS I have, and can do nothing. Everything I have comes from God himself by simply claiming God's promises. These same promises are for everyone who BELIVES and FOLLOWS God.

This same knowledge God promises to give to everyone who will come to him in prayer and continue seeking him through his Word *JOHN 8:31-36.

This is the blessing from God freely given to His people where ever they may be and a blessing all may have who seek to know God's WORD for themselves. I simply claim these very promises that are not only for me, but for you and everyone who wants to know GOD. This is God's doing in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW him.

These promises are conditional promises of course. The condition is that we are to;

1. BELIEVE God's PROMISES *JOHN 3:15-21;

2. PRAYERFULLY ASK FOR GOD'S SPIRIT TO BE YOUR GUIDE AND TEACHER TO LEAD YOU INTO HIS TRUTH *JOHN 14:26; JOHN 7:17

3. CONTINUE SEEKING GOD THROUGH HIS WORD TO FOLLOW HIM BY FAITH TO THE END *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23

Let me share these promises with you because they are yours too brother and are for everyone here and are a part of the NEW COVENANT promise for God's people...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYMAN HIS NEIGHBOR AND EVERYMAN HIS BROTHER SAYING KNOW THE LORD; FOR THEY SHALL ALL KNOW ME FROM THE LEAST OF THEN TO THE GREATEST. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The GREEK WORD KNOW THE LORD is γινώσκω ;ginōskō (G1097) is a verb that means TO KNOW; KNOWN; TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE; TO PERCEIVE; BE SURE; TO UNDERSTAND.

It is the opposite of ἀποχωρέω γινώσκω that means to NEVER KNOW used in those who did not know JESUS in MATTHEW 7:23-24. Those who are the one descibed as KNOWING God are defined in 1 JOHN 2:3-4; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14.

Here are the promises..

JOHN 14:26 [26], But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

JOHN 16:13 [13], However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

God's promise to teach you his truth..

JOHN 7:17 [17], If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Saved by KNOWING God's truth..

JOHN 17:17 [17], Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.

God's promises are conditional..

JOHN 8:31-36
[31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed;
[32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
[33], They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say you, You shall be made free?
[34], Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
[35], And the servant stays not in the house for ever: but the Son stays ever.
[36], If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

God's promises change us..

2 PETER 1:4 Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Praise be to God for his promises and may God bless you as you claim his promises for yourself.

God bless

• Useful
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You cannot lose your salvation. Jesus said I will never leave you or forsake you.

Hi Devin nice to meet you, JESUS does not leave his people sadly though according to the scrptures we leave him. I think this is the problem. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Did you wish to share anything else from the OP?

• Prayers
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
WHAT DOES IT MEAN ONLY THOSE THAT ARE FAITHFUL TO THE END WILL BE SAVED?

We need to be faithful and continue in God's WORD to the end to receive everlasting life...

[31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed;
[33], They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say you, You shall be made free?
[34], Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

MATTHEW 24:13 [12], And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

MARK 13:13 [13], And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

HEBREWS 3:13-14 [13], But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14], For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

HEBREWS 3:6 [6], But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23
[12], Giving thanks to the Father, which has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
[13], Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
[14], In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.....
[23], If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister

ROMANS 6:22 [22], But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life.

It is possible to be unfaithful and fall away from the Word of GOD...

2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3 [1], Now we beseech you, brothers, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together to him, [2], That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [3], Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

1 PETER 4:18 [18], And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

HEBREWS 6:4-8 [4], For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [5], And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [6], If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. [7], For the earth which drinks in the rain that comes oft on it, and brings forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receives blessing from God:
[8], But that which bears thorns and briers is rejected, and is near to cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hope this helps

God bless.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WHAT DOES IT MEAN ONLY THOSE THAT ARE FAITHFUL TO THE END WILL BE SAVED?

We need to be faithful and continue in God's WORD to the end to receive everlasting life...

MATTHEW 24:13 [12], And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

MARK 13:13 [13], And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

HEBREWS 3:13-14 [13], But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14], For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

HEBREWS 3:6 [6], But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23
[12], Giving thanks to the Father, which has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
[13], Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
[14], In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.....
[23], If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister

ROMANS 6:22 [22], But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end everlasting life.

It is possible to be unfaithful and fall away from the Word of GOD...

2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3 [1], Now we beseech you, brothers, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together to him, [2], That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. [3], Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

1 PETER 4:18 [18], And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

HEBREWS 6:4-8 [4], For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [5], And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [6], If they shall fall away, to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. [7], For the earth which drinks in the rain that comes oft on it, and brings forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receives blessing from God:
[8], But that which bears thorns and briers is rejected, and is near to cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hope this helps

God bless.

How faithful does one need to be? For example, your own denomination has in the past condemned everyone to hell who attends church on Sunday rather than on Saturday. If you happen to skip church on Saturday and visit a friend's church on Sunday will you be lost forever?

I had a great aunt who belonged to your denomination. When she was getting on in years one morning she woke up, as usual, and fixed a fine breakfast for her family and set about doing her regular housework. Later in the day she realized that it was actually Saturday and not Friday. She was beside herself with complete and utter panic because she had lost her salvation.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How faithful does one need to be? For example, your own denomination has in the past condemned everyone to hell who attends church on Sunday rather than on Saturday. If you happen to skip church on Saturday and visit a friend's church on Sunday will you be lost forever?
Hello brother bbbbbbb, thanks for sharing your thoughts, however I do not think your claims above have any truth in them. I would like to challenge you to prove your claims here or in due respect with draw them as they are bearing false witness. I do not know anyone that believes what you are claiming here.
I had a great aunt who belonged to your denomination. When she was getting on in years one morning she woke up, as usual, and fixed a fine breakfast for her family and set about doing her regular housework. Later in the day she realized that it was actually Saturday and not Friday. She was beside herself with complete and utter panic because she had lost her salvation.
It is not God's will that we sin but if any one does sin we have an advocvate with the father 1 JOHN 2:1. I am sure God knows your Aunt did not do anything that was intentional. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP?

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello brother bbbbbbb, thanks for sharing your thoughts, however I do not think your claims above have any truth in them. I would like to challenge you to prove your claims here or in due respect with draw them as they are bearing false witness. I do not know anyone that believes what you are claiming here.

It is not God's will that we sin but if any one does sin we have an advocvate with the father 1 JOHN 2:1. I am sure God knows your Aunt did not do anything that was intentional. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP?

God bless

Perhaps I did not state matters correctly, if one assumes that those who have the Mark of the Beast are, indeed, faithful Christians to the end. Mrs. White did not seem to think so.

"Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf." (Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850)

As for my great aunt, I was not born when she had the unfortunate experience, but my father knew it to be quite accurate that, indeed, she was a loyal member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church until the fateful Saturday when she lost her salvation by working on the Sabbath. I am quite sure that she did not develop this belief on her own part. Fortunately, it seems that she was able to regain her salvation by a renewed commitment to Sabbath-keeping. Her experience was such that none of the rest of the extended family had the slightest interest in joining her denomination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I did not state matters correctly, if one assumes that those who have the Mark of the Beast are, indeed, faithful Christians to the end. Mrs. White did not seem to think so.

"Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf." (Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850)
This quote does not support what you posted earlier brother that...
in the past (SDA's) condemned everyone to hell who attends church on Sunday rather than on Saturday. If you happen to skip church on Saturday and visit a friend's church on Sunday will you be lost forever?
It is not about attending Church on Sunday or any other day. It is about worship and resting on God's HOLY DAY which God says is the SEVENTH DAY of the week (Friday evening to Saturday evening God's time). Have a read of God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; EXODUS 20:8-11.
As for my great aunt, I was not born when she had the unfortunate experience, but my father knew it to be quite accurate that, indeed, she was a loyal member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church until the fateful Saturday when she lost her salvation by working on the Sabbath. I am quite sure that she did not develop this belief on her own part. Fortunately, it seems that she was able to regain her salvation by a renewed commitment to Sabbath-keeping. Her experience was such that none of the rest of the extended family had the slightest interest in joining her denomination.
Rubbish stop dramatising. According to God's WORD sin in the NEW COVENANT is breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments *JAMES 2:10-11. If anyone sins in their walk with God as a Christian they do not lose their salvation if they return to him in repentance and confession *1 JOHN 2:1. You can say the same thing about any of God's 10 commandments that may have been broken. It is only those who continue in known unrepentant sin to the end that lose their salvation because they reject the gift of God's dear son *HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 6:23

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This quote does not support what you posted earlier brother that...

It is not about attending Church on Sunday or any other day. It is about worship and resting on God's HOLY DAY which God says is the SEVENTH DAY of the week (Friday evening to Saturday evening God's time). Have a read of God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; EXODUS 20:8-11.

Rubbish stop dramatising. According to God's WORD sin in the NEW COVENANT is breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments if anyone sins in their walk with God as a Christian they do not lose their salvation if they return to him in repentance and confesstion *1 JOHN 2:1. You can say the same thing about any of God's 10 commandments that may have been broken.

God bless.

I did say that my initial post did not state it in the same terms. What Mrs. White did state on more than one occasion was that those who attend church on Sunday have the mark of the beast. Do you agree that she said, as well as believed, this? If so, then I am not aware of any person having the mark of the beast and entering heaven. However, in light of the fact, that hell is not part of the SDA belief system I do retract my original statement that those who attend church on Sunday were condemned to hell.

It is a pity you were not around to straighten out my great aunt's theology for her. It would have been extremely helpful to her if she had known this prior to her incident. However, I cannot help the matter that the SDA denomination held those views then.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did say that my initial post did not state it in the same terms. What Mrs. White did state on more than one occasion was that those who attend church on Sunday have the mark of the beast. Do you agree that she said, as well as believed, this? If so, then I am not aware of any person having the mark of the beast and entering heaven. However, in light of the fact, that hell is not part of the SDA belief system I do retract my original statement that those who attend church on Sunday were condemned to hell.

People take things out of context. It has never been taught ever the people receive the Mark of the Beast for simply going to church on Sunday. This is misinformation and simply not true. It is not until the Sunday laws are enforced that the Mark of the Beast comes into question not before and not until everyone has a chance to receive a knowledge of the truth of God's WORD and then choose to reject Gods' call in REVELATION 18:1-4.

It is a pity you were not around to straighten out my great aunt's theology for her. It would have been extremely helpful to her if she had known this prior to her incident. However, I cannot help the matter that the SDA denomination held those views then.

I do not know what your great aunt believed. What you have heard is second hand information from someone that is not your great aunt. 1 JOHN 2:1 for the Christian is applicable to every sin for those who believe and follow God's WORD. I would be surprised if your Great aunt did not know this.

God bless

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People take things out of context. It has never been taught ever the people receive the Mark of the Beast for simply going to church on Sunday. This is misinformation and simply not true. It is not until the Sunday laws are enforced that the Mark of the Beast comes into question not before and not until everyone has a chance to receive a knowledge of the truth of God's WORD and then choose to reject Gods' call in REVELATION 18:1-4.

I do not know what your great aunt believed. What you have heard is second hand information from someone that is not your great aunt. 1 JOHN 2:1 for the Christian is applicable to every sin for those who believe and follow God's WORD. I would be surprised if your Great aunt did not know this.

God bless

I suppose Mrs. White, then, really did not mean what she wrote. That is, "Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf." (Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850) I do not see anything there that indicates anything about enforcing Sunday laws. In her day there were numerous Sunday laws which were strictly enforced, both in the United States and in Europe. For example, until the Catholic Emancipation Act in England, it was illegal to attend any church other than the Anglican Church and in small parishes church attendance on Sunday was enforced.

How many people with the mark of the beast as defined by Mrs. White will enter heaven?

Actually, what little I know about the Seventh Day Adventists has been second hand, either through members such as yourself who, obviously, never had the opportunity to know Mrs. White, but do know what she wrote, or by reading SDA literature myself which can be argued is second-hand information. I cannot claim to have known my great aunt, her pastor, Mrs. White, or any of that generation.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I suppose Mrs. White, then, really did not mean what she wrote. That is, "Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf." (Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850) I do not see anything there that indicates anything about enforcing Sunday laws. In her day there were numerous Sunday laws which were strictly enforced, both in the United States and in Europe. For example, until the Catholic Emancipation Act in England, it was illegal to attend any church other than the Anglican Church and in small parishes church attendance on Sunday was enforced.

How many people with the mark of the beast as defined by Mrs. White will enter heaven?

Actually, what little I know about the Seventh Day Adventists has been second hand, either through members such as yourself who, obviously, never had the opportunity to know Mrs. White, but do know what she wrote, or by reading SDA literature myself which can be argued is second-hand information. I cannot claim to have known my great aunt, her pastor, Mrs. White, or any of that generation.

Taking quotes out of context does not help your cause. I do not know anyone that believes as you have quoted and EGW never taught what you are claiming. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Taking quotes out of context does not help your cause. I do not know anyone that believes as you have quoted and EGW never taught what you are claiming. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP?

Here is a nice link should you like to read the whole issue - The Advent Review, vol. 1

It is typical prose from the writers of the time - lots of Bible verses taken out of context as a pretext for law-keeping. In the midst is this gem from Mrs. White - The two opinions, between which you are halting, are God’s Holy Sabbath, and the Pope’s Sunday - you are neither one thing nor the other - you neither follow God, in keeping his Sabbath, nor Balaam, by regarding the Pope’s Sunday as holy time. You are neither cold nor hot, but lukewarm, thinking that you are rich, and increased in goods, and have need of nothing, and KNOW NOT that you are poor, and miserable, and blind, and naked. As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is no safety or salvation where you are. If you remain where you are, according to the testimony of the faithful and true Witness, He will spue you out of his mouth. O! will you, having come thus far, stop short of the kingdom? Break away from the enchanted ground. With feeling hearts we say to you in the language of Moses, ‘Come thou with us and we will do thee good, for the Lord hath spoken good concerning Israel.

However, back to the OP. Can anyone pluck the elect ones from the hand of Jesus Christ Himself?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is a nice link should you like to read the whole issue - The Advent Review, vol. 1

It is typical prose from the writers of the time - lots of Bible verses taken out of context as a pretext for law-keeping. In the midst is this gem from Mrs. White - The two opinions, between which you are halting, are God’s Holy Sabbath, and the Pope’s Sunday - you are neither one thing nor the other - you neither follow God, in keeping his Sabbath, nor Balaam, by regarding the Pope’s Sunday as holy time. You are neither cold nor hot, but lukewarm, thinking that you are rich, and increased in goods, and have need of nothing, and KNOW NOT that you are poor, and miserable, and blind, and naked. As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is no safety or salvation where you are. If you remain where you are, according to the testimony of the faithful and true Witness, He will spue you out of his mouth. O! will you, having come thus far, stop short of the kingdom? Break away from the enchanted ground. With feeling hearts we say to you in the language of Moses, ‘Come thou with us and we will do thee good, for the Lord hath spoken good concerning Israel.

However, back to the OP. Can anyone pluck the elect ones from the hand of Jesus Christ Himself?

The only prose is in those that do not have scripture for their position. They always state that the scriptures posted by others are out of context as an excuse not to accept God's WORD. This being say some do use scripture out of context simmilar to those using EGW quotes. However nothing is taken out of context if it is not proven that someone is using scripture out of context. This is only an empty claim that others use that have no scripture to support their teachings. I am not sure what the quote you have provided above has to do with what we are talking about? Now back to your OP question. Good question! Who are God's elect? Are God's ELECT those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD or those who do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW Gods WORD?

God bless.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The only prose is in those that do not have scripture for their position. They always state that the scriptures posted by others are out of context as an excuse not to accept God's WORD. This being say some do use scripture out of context simmilar to those using EGW quotes. However nothing is taken out of context if it is not proven that someone is using scripture out of context. This is only an empty claim that others use that have no scripture to support their teachings. I am not sure what the quote you have provided above has to do with what we are talking about? Now back to your OP question. Good question! Who are God's elect? Are God's ELECT those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD or those who do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW Gods WORD?

God bless.

John 10:1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.

7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

19 A division occurred again among the Jews because of these words. 20 Many of them were saying, “He has a demon and is insane. Why do you listen to Him?” 21 Others were saying, “These are not the sayings of one demon-possessed. A demon cannot open the eyes of the blind, can he?”

22 At that time the Feast of the Dedication took place at Jerusalem; 23 it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple in the portico of Solomon. 24 The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26 But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 10:1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.

7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

19 A division occurred again among the Jews because of these words. 20 Many of them were saying, “He has a demon and is insane. Why do you listen to Him?” 21 Others were saying, “These are not the sayings of one demon-possessed. A demon cannot open the eyes of the blind, can he?”

22 At that time the Feast of the Dedication took place at Jerusalem; 23 it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple in the portico of Solomon. 24 The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26 But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Nice scriptures. Did you want to answer the question asked of you? Who are Gods' elect?

Upvote 0