CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hope this is helpful.
This was your 3rd post to me (540 I think) after I logged on again. It seems some people stay on their computer all day. When that is the case, when I go through the several posts from a poster, that poster starts answering right away, so they just keep piling up, and it can take hours to respond to all of them.

So, from this point on, I'm only doing 1 post per my time on computer. I am not responding to any of your 3 newest posts to me, because glancing over them, it is clear we are just talking over each other's heads. Which isn't necessary.

I also just realized the SDA on your post. Well, i've read all the "28 beliefs" of the SDA and I have serious disagreements with 4, which are under the category of "essential truths", truths that are essential for salvation. So now I understand why your emphasis on "faith and following God's Word".

So, I'm going to make only 1 point in this post. So you only have to respond to 1 post.

To make "faith and following God's Word" the criteria for salvation, you are basically saying what the Pharisees of Jesus' day believed.

John 5:39 - You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

This describes yourself. Jesus said in the clearest of language that recipients of eternal life shall never perish. And you disagree with what Jesus said.

You never did explain what you think Jesus actually meant by the words found in 10:28. But they are clear enough for any objective person to understand.

You have not substantiated your opinions. Your views on the present tense are erroneous. It does NOT mean the verbal action must continue in order for the results of that action to continue.

I proved that by use of the aorist tense by Paul in Acts 16:31 and Romans 10:9,10 for 'believe'. If believing must continue in order to stay saved, then the use of the aorist would have been unacceptable.

And Jesus used the aorist tense for "drinking" in John 4:14, which is a figure of speech for belief in Him. And the result of aorist tense drinking is the drinker will never thirst.

Jesus said,
New International Version
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats (aorist tense) this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Couldn't be more clear. The eating (faith) is an aorist subjunctive. The result is lving forever. The basically same message as John 10:28.

So, please face the facts. Your view on the present tense is quite faulty and has led you to wrong theology.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stay focused Gene.

You who refused to focus... I saw what you wrote and I was focusing on what was essential.

Here is what you said...

Likewise Gene. Nice to see you admit you have no argument for the above. I pray you recant publically from the OSAS doctrine.

I cut to the chase. Why bother with a detail you devised to divert away with when you are dead in the water to begin with?

You are calling Jesus a liar when you say we can lose our salvation. And, I am to have you point my nose at some detail that does not deal with your misrepresentation?

Try focusing this time....

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes
to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven
not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is
the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he

has given me, but raise them up at the last day."
Jn 6:37-39

Can you focus? That is the question.

If you can not be truthful about that?

Why should I try to even reason with you?

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes
to me I will never drive away.

Read that?

and... this!

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will
of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall
lose none of all those he
has given me, but raise them up at the last day."

For any believer to lose his salvation? You are declaring that the Son of God failed to do His Father's will for Him.

Who's side are you on?

Does something bother you when another can be secure in his salvation, without you being able to boss him around to make sure he stays right with God? Repent!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This was your 3rd post to me (540 I think) after I logged on again.
I wasn't counting. I was only responding to your posts that you had written that I had not responded to like I normally do.
It seems some people stay on their computer all day. When that is the case, when I go through the several posts from a poster, that poster starts answering right away, so they just keep piling up, and it can take hours to respond to all of them.
I have only been responding to your posts not making new content so not sure why your writing this.
So, from this point on, I'm only doing 1 post per my time on computer. I am not responding to any of your 3 newest posts to me, because glancing over them, it is clear we are just talking over each other's heads. Which isn't necessary.
Well there is not much new here. There is a lot of posts that I have sent you that you have not responded to. I hope you can at least take some time to prayerfully consider them if you choose to further not respond to them. I believe they are Gods' Words not mine and can be a blessing to you if you receive them.
I also just realized the SDA on your post. Well, i've read all the "28 beliefs" of the SDA and I have serious disagreements with 4, which are under the category of "essential truths", truths that are essential for salvation. So now I understand why your emphasis on "faith and following God's Word".
What would they be?
So, I'm going to make only 1 point in this post. So you only have to respond to 1 post. To make "faith and following God's Word" the criteria for salvation, you are basically saying what the Pharisees of Jesus' day believed.
Not at all, but allow me to explain why from the scriptures. According to the scriptures as posted many times now unconditional justification through faith when we first come to Christ for forgiveness of sins (e.g. thief on the cross babe in Christ, new Christian) is different to conditional sanctification through faith (growing in Christ from being a babe) where we learn to follow Jesus and become His disciples (John 8:31-36). Justification by faith when we come to Christ for forgiveness of our sins is not conditional on anything at all accept belief and acceptance of God's promise of forgiveness and reconciliation to God the very second we believe Gods' Word and accept the sacrifice of God's dear son and his death on the cross for our sins.

On the other hand sanctification through faith is where we come to learn of Jesus through Gods' Word and follow what God's Word says. It is where we learn to take his yoke upon us and where we learn to believe and follow him who calls us in love to follow His footsteps as the sheep follow their shepherd *Matthew 11:28-30; John 8:31-36; John 10:26-27. This is where our salvation is conditional on believing and following what God's Word says (James 2:17-20; 26). It is sanctification through faith that leads to the fruit of obedience to salvation by following what Gods' Word says (see 1 Peter 1:2 and 2 Thessalonians 2:13). Christian growth (sanctification) therefore is conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. The scriptures are very clear here that without holiness (justification and sanctification) no man shall see God *Hebrews 12:14.

This is why Jesus says unless our righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and the Pharisees we shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven in Matthew 5:20. According to the scriptures Jesus came to magnify God’s 10 commandment from the inside out quoting Matthew 5:17-32 (applying adultery and murder to our thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *Isaiah 42:21. This is to show that unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. Evil (moral wrong doing) begins in the heart. Breaking God's 10 commandments from the heart according to Jesus is what defiles a man in Matthew 15:18-19. Jesus is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *Matthew 23:27-28.

Jesus magnified the law to the inside out. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Savior and that sin originates in the heart (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have God’s new covenant promise to of a new heart to love and why we need to be born again by faith in God's Word for salvation to be free from sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *Hebrews 8:10-12; 1 John 3:3-10.

This is leading to the new covenant promise of a new heart to love *Hebrews 8:10-12; John 5:42; 1 John 5:17-19; 1 John 4:16; 1 John 5:3; 1 John 4:8.

Without Jesus we do not have the love of God in us *John 5:42. We need to be born of God to love *1 John 4:7 and partake of the new covenant promise. This is why Jesus teaches in *John 3:3-7 that unless we are made clean from the inside out and born again to love we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. This is what Jesus is talking about in Matthew 5:20 when discussing the Scribes and the Pharisees teaching the application of God's law from the inside out and applying God’s 10 commandments to our very thoughts.

Whosoever is born of god to love in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12 does not commit sin according to the scriptures in 1 John 3:9; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:31; Matthew 22:36-40. This is the good news of the gospel in the new covenant. We have a Savior to save us from sin (not in sin) but we have to be made new to walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4.

1 John 3:3-10 is talking about all those who are born again to love and it is love that fulfills God's law in all those who believe and follow god's word in the new covenant *Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10. This results in a people that keep God’s law (10 commandments) from the inside out. *Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:3-10; Romans 13:8-10; Romans 3:31; Hebrews 8:10-12. Unless we are born again to love we cannot enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *John 3:3-7.

Now what is it here you do not believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

What are your thoughts?

According to the scriptures, God's salvation is condtional on...

1. FAITH (believing and following God's Word) *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's word and promises *2 PETER 1:4, JOHN 3:16; JOHN 10:26-27

2. REPENTANCE FROM SIN *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13

3.CONFESSION OF SIN
*1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13; JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and

4. ACCEPTANCE OF JESUS AS OUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR FROM SIN *JOHN 8:31-36; John 10:26-27; JOHN 10:38; JAMES 2:18-20; 16; ROMANS 6:1-23; MATTHEW 7:21-27; John 4:42

Those who follow God do not practice sin and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN with a new heart to love. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go if we depart the faith, why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13?

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19. It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.

ARE WE IN A SAVED STATE WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?

For me the scriptures teach we can have the hope of eternal life today through faith but it is only those who endure temtation to the end and continue in the faith that reveive eternal life.

TITUS 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

TITUS 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

COLOSSIANS 1:22-23 [22], In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and blameless and unreproveable in his sight: [23], If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel..

TITUS 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

However, it is only those who ENDURE temptation to the END BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word that receive eternal life.....

MATTHEW 24:13 [12], And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

MARK 13:13 [13], And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

HEBREWS 3:13-14 [13], But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14], For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

HEBREWS 3:6 [6], But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

JAMES 1:12 [12], Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him.

What are your thoughts?

May God bless you as you seek him and continue in His Word.
I believe so

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Gary987

Grace to Keep Pace
Jun 3, 2021
Boston
✟10,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible cannot contradict itself. I have quoted verses that plainly say what I believe. I would expect anyone who has the truth can do that.

That's why I ask for verses that actually say what they claim. And they don't because they can't because there aren't any.

One glaring example; loss of salvation. Though many verses are quoted and used to support that idea, none of them make very clear that salvation can be lost. Most of them are warning verses about God's painful discipline even including physical death. Some of the verses are metaphors or figures of speech that are NOT plainly stated verses.

If something as important as losing salvation were possible, surely there would be at least 1 very clearly worded verse that says so. And there isn't.
For me I have learned the difference in someone deceived. Someone trying to deceive and someone who just doesn’t get it.
The latter you can work with but the core of the problem is repentance.

if we are being stubborn in a particular sin. Namely sins of pride. We find the loss of salvation message appear

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I proved that by use of the aorist tense by Paul in Acts 16:31 and Romans 10:9,10 for 'believe'. If believing must continue in order to stay saved, then the use of the aorist would have been unacceptable. And Jesus used the aorist tense for "drinking" in John 4:14, which is a figure of speech for belief in Him. And the result of aorist tense drinking is the drinker will never thirst.
Actually no, you wondered off here seeking to talk about other scripture application of the Greek word believe when I was talking about specific scriptures from John 3:15-16; 36 and John 10:26-27 (see posts # 406; post # 481) where it was proven through the scriptures and the Greek that "believe" πιστεύων used is a Greek verb that is present participle active which is nominative masculine singular (V-PPA-NMS). It means that the Greek word πιστεύων being used in these scriptures is present tense active to believing in the now. Now is ongoing and continuous. So our faith is ongoing and continuous. There never stops being a now. If you look at parallel translations you will see that πιστεύων here is translated as "everyone who believes" (present tense active) or better yet in other translations "every one who is believing" (present tense active)

John’s intent is also made clear from other passages in his writings apart from those mentioned at the beginning in John 3:15-16: 36; 10:26-27. For example in 2 John 1:8-9 he wrote, Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

In order to have the Father and the Son, one must abide in Christ’s teaching. In other words, one must obey what Gods' Word says, not as a one-time occurrence but as a way of life. (see John 3:36, John 8:51, John 15:10) In 1 John 3 he described this experience as ‘practicing righteousness’ when he says, “Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God.” (1 John 3:7-10)

When a person sets his heart to know and do God’s will, depending on God for the strength to carry it out, then God puts his Spirit in that believer, enabling him to do what that person could not do on his own (see Philippians 3:15; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9). This is what it means to believe, or to practice righteousness. Saving faith means to believe and follow what God's Words says. Jesus says to us, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.” (John 15:4-6)

Based on these texts (and there are many others like them) it is apparent that this belief, or ‘practicing righteousness’, or ‘abiding in Christ’, is an ongoing experience conditional on believing and following what Gods Word says. Believe as shown in the scriptures above is present tense active to now being a state of continual belief to now not a one time belief today which is no longer needed tomorrow or a once off action yesterday where faith is no longer needed to remain in the faith. Continual faith is needed to remain in the faith according to the scriptures.
New International Version I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats (aorist tense) this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." Couldn't be more clear. The eating (faith) is an aorist subjunctive. The result is lving forever. The basically same message as John 10:28. So, please face the facts. Your view on the present tense is quite faulty and has led you to wrong theology.
According to the scripture you quote here can you live forever if you do not eat the living bread? How do we show our faith? Do we show our faith by eating the bread or do we just believe the scripture and not eat the bread and live forever? I think if you can honestly answer these questions you will see why your teachings are not biblical.

My prayer is that you will receive Gods' Word and be blessed. Ignoring them will not make them disappear.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello FG2, I know you wrote this to someone else but allow me to provide some comments here as your post is in reference to all those who do not believe and follow your teachings here in this thread.
The Bible cannot contradict itself. I have quoted verses that plainly say what I believe. I would expect anyone who has the truth can do that.
I agree that the bible cannot contradict itself. Though I believe your teachings on once saved always saved contradict the bible which I have tried to point out to you throughout our whole discussion here in this thread by providing scripture that shows that our salvation is sure only as we believe and follow what Gods' Word says. That is our eternal life is conditional on believing and following what Gods' Word say.

Where I believe that perhaps you may have a misunderstanding in what has been shared with you is in your understanding of justification through faith that is not conditional on anything else but accepting the blood of Christ for our sins and God's forgiveness as God's free gift of His grace and love for all mankind. We receive this gift of God's grace the very moment we believe Gods Word and nothing else is required. It is God's free gift of forgiveness for our sins and there is nothing we can do to earn it. It is a gift of God when we seek God's forgiveness and believe Gods' Word!

According to the scriptures Christian growth and known and unknown sin some call sanctification through faith are a requirement for all Christians. This is where our salvation is conditional on believing and following what God's Word says (James 2:17-20; 26). It is sanctification through faith that leads to the fruit of obedience to salvation by following what Gods' Word says (see 1 Peter 1:2 and 2 Thessalonians 2:13). Christian growth (sanctification) therefore is conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. The scriptures are very clear here that without holiness (sanctification) no man shall see God *Hebrews 12:14.
That's why I ask for verses that actually say what they claim. And they don't because they can't because there aren't any.
This is where your not being truthful. You have been provided a lot of scripture in this thread showing that God's forgiveness for our sins is unconditional as we believe Gods' Word and accept Christ free gift of forgiveness and promise of eternal life. You have been shown much scripture from the old and new testament also looking at the Hebrew and Greek word meaning and application to the conditional particle use of the Hebrew and Greek words אם; and אםἐάν translated as "if" in the English from Hebrew and Greek in post # 407 linked. Your response here was to simply not respond and ignore these scriptures showing that God's promises are conditional of believing and doing what Gods Word says.
One glaring example; loss of salvation. Though many verses are quoted and used to support that idea, none of them make very clear that salvation can be lost. Most of them are warning verses about God's painful discipline even including physical death. Some of the verses are metaphors or figures of speech that are NOT plainly stated verses.
I think Hebrews 6:4-8 as posted already in post # 424 disagrees with your claims here. It is very clear that if we depart the faith and reject Gods' Word to live a life of known unrepentant sin we will lose eternal live. Even if it was just a warning as you say the very fact that it is a warning means that we can lose eternal life. We have not even started talking about Hebrews 10:26-39 which is the same as Hebrews 6:4-8.
If something as important as losing salvation were possible, surely there would be at least 1 very clearly worded verse that says so. And there isn't.
Scripture has been provided as proven above. You seem to be closing your eyes to it and not wanting to see it however or you do not believe Gods' Word. I am not sure which one it is however.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let those who believe God is not capable of completely saving believers, to continue as they have chosen....
Unless they reach the point of understanding God's nature? Its pointless to try to argue...

Why argue? They want believers to squirm in fear if they could....

But, those who know God's Word with accuracy wonder why they continue to pursue what they do. Just like I wonder why religious people continue as they do with religions that have nothing to do with God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let those who believe God is not capable of completely saving believers, to continue as they have chosen....
Unless they reach the point of understanding God's nature? Its pointless to try to argue...

Why argue? They want believers to squirm in fear if they could....

But, those who know God's Word with accuracy wonder why they continue to pursue what they do. Just like I wonder why religious people continue as they do with religions that have nothing to do with God.
God is capable of saving believers. Believers are all those who believe and follow what Gods' Word say, not those who believe but do not follow what God's Word says. This latter is the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures *James 2:17-20; 26. God does not save those who do not believe and follow what his Word says according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23. Maybe you have a misunderstanding of what is being shared here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is capable of saving believers. Believers are all those who believe and follow what Gods' Word say, not those who believe but do not follow what God's Word says. This latter is the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures *James 2:17-20; 26. God does not save those who do not believe and follow what his Word says according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23. Maybe you have a misunderstanding of what is being shared here?
God's Word saves us from Hell - forever.

Then? After one becomes a new creation in Christ? Having been given the indwelling Spirit to enable him in every need? Then God's Word is able to save him from the evil system we find in this world. That is the salvation some believers will lose because of their own evil desire to follow what is false and appeals to their sin nature.

But? Lose their salvation from Hell? Never will happen.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one

will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given
them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out
of my Father’s hand."
Jn 10:27-29​

How can you read that and continue in the false teaching you want so much to cling to?

WHY?

Believe God's Word! Believe, and be saved from yourself!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You who refused to focus... I saw what you wrote and I was focusing on what was essential.
Stop hopping around.
Stay focused Gene. You said Ephesians 5 was being said in reference to being habitual . In fact it says that the things mentioned not be named once among you in verse 3. And if they are we will in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven and that we be not partakers with that.

We being the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus. The dear children he is speaking to in verse 5:1.

Once again CONTEXT.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Be not deceived
Here is what you said...

I cut to the chase. Why bother with a detail you devised to divert away with when you are dead in the water to begin with?
Ephesians was the topic of discussion Gene. Jesus' words through Paul said, Let not the things mention be named once among us for because of those things comes the wrath of God, be not a partaker with them. For they will not partake of the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
LoveGodsWord said:
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?
I believe so
Then you cannot believe Jesus' words.

He said that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Please share any verse that very clearly teaches that eternal life can be lost, taken away, forfeited, canceled, given back, or any other wordings to indicate that someone can end up not having the gift they were given.

Note that I'm not requiring any specific words, but that the clear idea of no longer having eternal life is being warned about or stated.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FreeGrace2 said:
I'm stilll waiting for your BEST single verse about eternal life being given on the basis of obedience.

You are misunderstanding v.26 terribly.

v.26 - If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

v.18 - And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

I hope you see the connection between v.18 and v.26. How are we forgiven? Faith in Christ. So animal sacrifice for sins is no longer necessary.
There is a word that the translation you quoted ignored. That word is for. This word is used to assign a reason to what had just been previously stated in the last sentence. There in verse 25 we are called to exhort one another daily as we see the day approaching. For if we sin willfully after we have received there remains no more sacrifice BUT A CERTAIN FEARFUL LOOKING FORWARD TO JUDGMENT AND FIERY INDIGNATION which shall devour the adversaries. Judgment and fiery indignation, which is the day approaching in verse 25.

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we are sinning willingly after we received the knowledge of the truth, a sacrifice is no longer remaining (for) sins;

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop hopping around.
Stay focused Gene. You said Ephesians 5 was being said in reference to being habitual . In fact it says that the things mentioned not be named once among you in verse 3. And if they are we will in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven and that we be not partakers with that.

We being the saints and faithful in Christ Jesus. The dear children he is speaking to in verse 5:1.

Once again CONTEXT.

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Be not deceived
Ephesians was the topic of discussion Gene. Jesus' words through Paul said, Let not the things mention be named once among us for because of those things comes the wrath of God, be not a partaker with them. For they will not partake of the Kingdom of God.
You are not going to answer..... Determined not to acknowledge.

You will keep evading...

I will keep moving along in grace and truth....,

Wishing you well. May God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are not going to answer..... Determined not to acknowledge.

You will keep evading...

I will keep moving along in grace and truth....,

Wishing you well. May God bless.
Please save all that. Those words are received just as the insults were in your previous post. The topic of discussion was and is Eph. 5 Gene. Jesus said through Paul not let the things mentioned to be named once among us. Because of those things the wrath of God cometh. Be not a partaker with them. Be not deceived. For we were once of the darkness but now we are of the Light, WALK AS CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, and your point about the "for"?
It shows that verse 26 is directly connected to verse 25 not 18 as you purport.
The word for In grammar is connective An indeclinable word which serves to unite sentences or the clauses of a sentence. And as was said the word for is used to assign a reason to what had just been previously stated in the last sentence. There in verse 25 we are called to exhort one another daily as we see the day approaching. For if we sin willfully after we have received there remains no more sacrifice BUT A CERTAIN FEARFUL LOOKING FORWARD TO JUDGMENT AND FIERY INDIGNATION which shall devour the adversaries. Judgment and fiery indignation, which is the day approaching in verse 25. The day that God's adversaries, those who are sinning willful after having received the knowledge of the truth shall be devoured. Because they trodden under foot the Son of God and done despite unto the Spirit of Grace.

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we are sinning willingly after we received the knowledge of the truth, a sacrifice is no longer remaining (for) sins;
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition (Destruction through the fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries; those who are willfully sinning); but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,034.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying that Once Saved Always Saved is not true? Is to say the Lord Jesus lied. That he was giving Fake Good News...

How can they deny this? If you want to know? Just ask MSNBC and CNN how its done.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me
I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will
but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me,
that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at
the last day."
Jn 6:37-39​

How do they think????

If its the Father will that the Son lose none of all He was given?

If anyone ever lost their salvation?

That would mean that Jesus Christ failed to do the Father's will!

That is blasphemy and even vicious towards the Son of God to say what He said is not what He said...

Just ask CNN and MSNBC how its done... For we have fake news type folks in the church as well. They relish shaking up and taunting those seeking a good home with the Lord.

I have given the Tribulation scenario somewhere else. #441

If the Tribulation is 7 years, if one believes in Jesus in year 1, but come year 5, decided that he needs to participate in the economic system of buying and selling and thus take the mark.

You would agree that he would have not been saved in year 5.

But, according to your doctrine, was he ever saved in between year 1 and year 5?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have given the Tribulation scenario somewhere else. #441

If the Tribulation is 7 years, if one believes in Jesus in year 1, but come year 5, decided that he needs to participate in the economic system of buying and selling and thus take the mark.

You would agree that he would have not been saved in year 5.

But, according to your doctrine, was he ever saved in between year 1 and year 5?
#441 was not about the Tribulation. Sure you got the correct message number?

Upvote 0