CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well the Jewish believers may have but gentile believers certainly did not! We meet on sundays for the most part which is the first days of the week and not the Sabbath! The church doesn't get to change the Sabbath day because it feels like it!

No the gentile believer met in the outer courts of the temple or in the synogogues to hear the Word of God on the Sabbath (Acts of the Apostles 15:21). The Apostles taught the Jews and gentiles on the Sabbath (see Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4).

God gave Moses 613 commandments! Which of those are you breaking????? god also said that teh law was a school master that believer no longer need! God has also taught that of the 613 commandments he gave that Jesus called teh Law , the ten that are written in stone are a ministry fo death (not life). James wrote that if you break any of the 613 commandments you have broken them all!

Your mixing up the shadow laws of the old covenant fulfilled in the new covenant and levitical sacrificial laws and sin offerings. Read HEBREWS 10:1-20 shown above in the previous post with God's eternal law that gives us the knowledge of what sin is when broken in the new covenant *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. Do you still offer animal sacrifices for sin?

JAMES 2:10-11 is in reference to breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments which includes God's 4th commandment, not the old testament shadow laws of the levitical priesthood, earthly sanctuary service and animal sacrifices.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well... I'll be! A real time traveler! You think you are living in the same kind of world you left. No.. This is year 2020. God told that to Jews during the age of Israel. Not us.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old things have passed away; behold, the new
has come into being." 2 Cor 5:17​

Shalom brother. Can I tell you about the Messiah? :angel: A lot has happened since the year you left from!

Your post here has nothing to do with the scriptures shared with you that disagree with you or does it address anthing you are quoting from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your post here has nothing to do with with the scriptures shared with you that disagree with you or does it address anthing you are quoting from.
It has everything to do with it, sir... That is why you refused to address it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It has everything to do with it, sir... That is why you refused to address it.
I already addressed it by posting the scripture contexts that disagree with you in the previous posts. Your response we to post things that have nothing to do with those posts and scriptures shared with you. You are free to believe as you wish however. For me though only God's Word is true and according to the scriptures written in MATTHEW 15:3-9 we should believe and follow God's Word over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. What do you think ISAIAH 66:16-18 means?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already addressed it by posting the scripture contexts that disagree with you in the previous posts. Your response we to post things that have nothing to do with those posts and scriptures shared with you. You are free to believe as you wish however. For me though only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. What do you think ISAIAH 66:16-18 means?

16 For with fire the Lord shall enter into judgment,
and, with his sword, against all flesh;
Those slain by the Lord shall be many.

17 Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one who stands within, eating pig’s flesh, abominable things, and mice, shall all together come to an end, with their deeds and purposes—oracle of the Lord.

God Gathers the Nations. 18 I am coming to gather all nations and tongues; they shall come and see my glory." Isaiah 66:16-18​

Can't be sure what that is exactly about without some study. It looks like that speaks in the context of the Jewish people who were supposed to live under the Law of Moses. Isaiah was preaching against them for their great apostasy in Israel in his day. For there was great apostasy in the land in Isaiah's day.

Like in the days of Jeremiah (which Israel went into captivity for 70 years), the Jews were practicing heathen depraved religion. Alcoholism was rampant in Israel in Isaiah's day.. God warned he was going to wipe them out for such rebellion if they refused to repent. Isaiah preached daily at the wall. Israel repented before the nation was destroyed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already addressed it by posting the scripture contexts that disagree with you in the previous posts.

You might as well have showed me from OT Scripture how to perform an animal sacrifice, and tell us how women having their period needed to isolate themselves during their time.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
16 For with fire the Lord shall enter into judgment,
and, with his sword, against all flesh;
Those slain by the Lord shall be many.

17 Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one who stands within, eating pig’s flesh, abominable things, and mice, shall all together come to an end, with their deeds and purposes—oracle of the Lord.

God Gathers the Nations. 18 I am coming to gather all nations and tongues; they shall come and see my glory." Isaiah 66:16-18​

That speaks in the context of the Jewish people who were supposed to live under the Law of Moses. Isaiah was preaching against them for their great apostasy in Israel in his day.

Like in the days of Jeremiah (which Israel went into captivity for 70 years), the Jews were practicing heathen depraved religion. God warned he was going to wipe them out for such rebellion.

Really? Why is the context to the second coming and the new heavens and the new earth? Also, who is a Jew according to the scriptures in the new covenant?

ISAIAH 66:16-23 [16], FOR BY FIRE AND BY HIS SWORD WILL THE LORD PLEAD WITH ALL FLESH: AND THE SLAIN OF THE LORD SHALL BE MANY (see 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Hebrews 10:26-27). [17], THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, AND PURIFY THEMSELVES IN THE GARDENS BEHIND ONE TREE IN THE MIDDLE, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, AND THE ABOMINATION, AND THE MOUSE, SHALL BE CONSUMED TOGETHER, SAID THE LORD. [18], For I know their works and their thoughts: IT SHALL COME, THAT I WILL GATHER ALL NATIONS AND TONGUES; AND THEY SHALL COME, AND SEE MY GLORY. [19], And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, THAT HAVE NOT HEARD MY FAME, NEITHER HAVE SEEN MY GLORY; AND THEY SHALL DECLARE MY GLORY AMONG THE GENTILES. [20], And they shall bring all your brothers for an offering to the LORD out of all nations on horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and on mules, and on swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, said the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. [21], AND I WILL ALSO TAKE OF THEM FOR PRIESTS AND FOR LEVITES, SAID THE LORD.
[22], FOR AS THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, WHICH I WILL MAKE, SHALL REMAIN BEFORE ME, SAID THE LORD, SO SHALL YOUR SEED AND YOUR NAME REMAIN. [23], AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT FROM ONE NEW MOON TO ANOTHER, AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME, SAID THE LORD.

Look forward to your reponse...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You might as well have showed me from OT Scripture how to perform an animal sacrifice, and tell us how women having their period needed to isolate themselves during their time.

Why we were talking about dietry laws were we not?

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 6:
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 3:12
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God.

1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

People can fall away from the faith. It's true.

It may comes through a difficult process but it is achievable to walk away from the faith, and fall away because of the world and it's enticements, and or sufferings of losing loved ones, family, abuse, there seems to be a number of factors.

Now salvation was made for all men however, and all men have had their sins paid for, by the blood shed of the Lord Jesus Christ. So everyone has had salvation brought to them by the grace of God because of the glory of God which is Jesus Christ who died for all peoples sin.

So all men are saved from the place called hell, death, sin, grave. They are however not saved to the Kingdom of God which comes due to lack of belief, and that can be even after having come to knowledge, and leaving from the knowledge they once had and seeking some other form of truth than that of Jesus Christ through faith in and on Him and everything that He had done for the entire world.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? Why is the context to the second coming and the new heavens and the new earth? Also, who is a Jew according to the scriptures in the new covenant?

ISAIAH 66:16-23 [16], FOR BY FIRE AND BY HIS SWORD WILL THE LORD PLEAD WITH ALL FLESH: AND THE SLAIN OF THE LORD SHALL BE MANY (see 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Hebrews 10:26-27). [17], THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, AND PURIFY THEMSELVES IN THE GARDENS BEHIND ONE TREE IN THE MIDDLE, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, AND THE ABOMINATION, AND THE MOUSE, SHALL BE CONSUMED TOGETHER, SAID THE LORD. [18], For I know their works and their thoughts: IT SHALL COME, THAT I WILL GATHER ALL NATIONS AND TONGUES; AND THEY SHALL COME, AND SEE MY GLORY. [19], And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, THAT HAVE NOT HEARD MY FAME, NEITHER HAVE SEEN MY GLORY; AND THEY SHALL DECLARE MY GLORY AMONG THE GENTILES. [20], And they shall bring all your brothers for an offering to the LORD out of all nations on horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and on mules, and on swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, said the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. [21], AND I WILL ALSO TAKE OF THEM FOR PRIESTS AND FOR LEVITES, SAID THE LORD.
[22], FOR AS THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, WHICH I WILL MAKE, SHALL REMAIN BEFORE ME, SAID THE LORD, SO SHALL YOUR SEED AND YOUR NAME REMAIN. [23], AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT FROM ONE NEW MOON TO ANOTHER, AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME, SAID THE LORD.

Look forward to your reponse...
Isaiah was preaching to an apostate generation. His prophesy ran parallel to their present situation. Its the same kind of technique Jeremiah used when warning apostate Israel of their impending judgement.

Besides... here it speaks of the Jews' apostasy.

17 Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one who stands within, eating pig’s flesh, abominable things, and mice, shall all together come to an end, with their deeds and purposes—oracle of the Lord."

No such thing will be said about concerning the enemies in the Tribulation, which will be about military maneuvers whom the Lord slaughters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why we were talking about dietry laws were we not?
Law is the Law. You either follow it completely, or you fail. To break the law at just one point is to break it all.

I understand your reasoning about what the foods can cause. Trichinosis from Bacon or pork, and hepatitis from clams or oysters. Again, as a Jew I was told about these things.

But, today it no longer has to be applicable. Scientific advancements makes it easy to test and eat those foods safely. That is why I rejoice in what the Lord provided to make us free today. For, there is no doubt about it. I love bacon. I truly enjoy clams on the half shell. I give thanks when I am able to eat them.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 6:
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God.

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

It may comes through a difficult process but it is achievable to walk away from the faith, and fall away because of the world and it's enticements, and or sufferings of losing loved ones, family, abuse, there seems to be a number of factors.

Now salvation was made for all men however, and all men have had their sins paid for, by the blood shed of the Lord Jesus Christ. So everyone has had salvation brought to them by the grace of God because of the glory of God which is Jesus Christ who died for all peoples sin.

So all men are saved from the place called hell, death, sin, grave. They are however not saved to the Kingdom of God which comes due to lack of belief, and that can be even after having come to knowledge, and leaving from the knowledge they once had and seeking some other form of truth than that of Jesus Christ through faith in and on Him and everything that He had done for the entire world.

Thanks Agallagher, great post and scriptures. Nice to see someone reading the scriptures for themselves. Thanks for sharing these.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Law is the Law. You either follow it completely, or you fail. To break the law at just one point is to break it all.

I understand your reasoning about what the foods can cause. Trichinosis from Bacon or pork, and hepatitis from clams or oysters. Again, as a Jew I was told about these things.

But, today it no longer has to be applicable. Scientific advancements makes it easy to test and eat those foods safely. That is why I rejoice in what the Lord provided to make us free today. For, there is no doubt about it. I love bacon. I truly enjoy clams on the half shell. I give thanks when I am able to eat them.

I see so you do animal sacrifices?

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also copied & pasted from GotQuestions on the topic of: Do Christians sin?
Question: "Do Christians sin?"

Answer:
Before exploring whether or not Christians sin, let’s define a couple of terms. Regardless of how tattered the word Christian has become throughout history, the biblical definition of a “Christian” is one who is a Christ-follower, a disciple of Jesus (Acts 11:26). A Christian is NOT someone who has ascribed to a particular set of religious beliefs or practices, joined a church, prayed a prayer, or participated in certain sacraments or rituals. A Christian is a person who has responded to the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44) by putting his or her whole faith in the finished work of Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8–9; John 3:15–18). Christians are those who have repented of their sin and have made Jesus Lord of their lives (Romans 10:9–10; Acts 2:38). They are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6–7).

Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10; Ecclesiastes 7:10).

When we come to Christ by faith and trust Him to forgive and cleanse us of all our sin, we are in that moment born again (John 3:3). That new birth of the spirit results in a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). God gives the repentant sinner a new heart that is now turned toward obeying and pleasing Him rather than self (2 Corinthians 5:9; Romans 8:5–6). Whereas we were formerly slaves to sin, we are now “slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:16). Sin’s control has been broken by the power of Jesus (Romans 6:6; Titus 2:14).

However, we still live in the flesh, and the flesh is prone to want what it wants. In Romans 7:21–23, Paul admits the battle between flesh and spirit in his own life: “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.” Each battle with temptation is won or lost based upon how fully we are surrendered to the control of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16–17).

The book of 1 John was written to Christians. The apostle says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9). It is clear from this passage that even those who have been born again and redeemed by the blood of Jesus will still sin. Through thought, attitude, or action, we will “grieve” (Ephesians 4:30) and “quench” (1 Thessalonians 5:19) the Holy Spirit at times. But this passage also reassures us that God offers continual, ongoing grace whenever we agree with Him about our sin and ask for His cleansing.

However, other passages clarify the boundaries of this ocean of grace. First John 3:6 says, “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” Verse 9 says that those who have been “born of God” will not continue to live sinfully. The implication is that this is not a matter of trying harder. Rather, it is the equivalent of saying, “A fish cannot remain on land for long because its nature is to seek water.” A fish could flop onto the shore and survive for a short time. But it was not made for land and cannot continue there. When we are born again, our natures change, and we cannot continue in sin. Christ not only erases our past sin; He also transforms our hearts so that we no longer desire it (Colossians 2:13–14).

Paul asked, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2). Although Christians will still sin after being saved, the heart change that the Holy Spirit brings will result in a new attitude toward sin. Sin cannot continue being a lifestyle choice if we have surrendered our lives to Jesus. That’s what it means to say that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9; Colossians 2:6). We have a new boss. We cannot be followers of Christ and followers of sin at the same time. They are going in opposite directions (Luke 9:23; 14:33). Romans 12:2 instructs, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Renewal can take some time, but it is a process that produces a change of behavior.

When a true child of God goes astray, our Father administers discipline to bring him back into obedience. Hebrews 12:7–8 says, “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.” If a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.

Do Christians sin? Yes. Do they willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always “fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to “make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NLT).
Winner! The truth. :oldthumbsup::clap: You have to balance eternal security with judgment of the believer. We may displease God, even sin so much He kills our bodies. We will be saved, but as by fire and lose our rewards and honor in the Kingdom.

And easy point that all can understand: A sheep cannot turn into a goat, in the same way a goat cannot become a sheep. God knows His sheep and we know Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you a question...?

How or what, or why, should you get into Heaven, and what is your answer, etc...?

And then, how or for what reason or reasons, etc, should you get into heaven ahead of or instead of, or behind or before, or ahead of, or instead of, etc, another person or someone else, and what is your answer, etc...?

And then, lastly, consider God asking you these questions on judgement day, or right before the gates, so to speak, and what is or what would be your answer(s), etc...?

Say He shows you someone who sinned alot more than you and asks you why you should get into Heaven either before or instead of them, etc, and what would be your answer, etc...?

And what is the only right or only correct ones, and how much would they satisfy God, and how much do they have to do with sin, or how much do they have to do with the atypical kinds of sins alot of people (man) likes to point out as to why a person should not get into Heaven by or ahead of or before or instead of them, etc...?

Can you answer those for me please...?

And what answer or answers are the only right ones, etc, and how much do they have to do with, (especially in ones own ability or own strength, etc) anyway, how much of that or those reasons (or answers) has to do with, or is, or should be, etc, because of them having had cleaned up their own sin by their own selves and in their own strength, etc...?

God Bless!
Nice! It seems those fixated on losing their salvation cannot grasp the concept of getting something without earning it-a free gift.

If we keep ourselves saved, why did we ever need Jesus to start with? How will God get the glory when we say, "Thanks for saving me Lord, but I got this now"? It's all God so no one can boast and say look what I did. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Something I copied & pasted from GotQuestions that may clarify your questions on eternal salvation.
Question: "Is eternal security a ‘license’ to sin?"

Answer:
The most frequent objection to the doctrine of eternal security is that it supposedly allows people to live any way that they want and still be saved. While this may be “technically” true, it is not true in reality. A person who has truly been redeemed by Jesus Christ will not live a life characterized by continuous, willful sin. We must draw a distinction between how a Christian should live and what a person must do in order to receive salvation.

The Bible is clear that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6). The moment a person truly believes in Jesus Christ, he or she is saved and secure in that salvation. It is unbiblical to say that salvation is received by faith, but then has to be maintained by works. The apostle Paul addresses this issue in Galatians 3:3 when he asks, “Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?” If we are saved by faith, our salvation is also maintained and secured by faith. We cannot earn our own salvation. Therefore, neither can we earn the maintenance of our salvation. It is God who maintains our salvation (Jude 24). It is God’s hand that holds us firmly in His grasp (John 10:28-29). It is God’s love that nothing can separate us from (Romans 8:38-39).

Any denial of eternal security is, in its essence, a belief that we must maintain our own salvation by our own good works and efforts. This is completely antithetical to salvation by grace. We are saved because of Christ’s merits, not our own (Romans 4:3-8). To claim that we must obey God’s Word or live a godly life to maintain our salvation is saying that Jesus’ death was not sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus’ death was absolutely sufficient to pay for all of our sins—past, present, and future, pre-salvation and post-salvation (Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

Does this mean that a Christian can live any way he wants to and still be saved? This is essentially a hypothetical question, because the Bible makes it clear that a true Christian will not live “any way he wants to.” Christians are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christians demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), not the acts of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). First John 3:6-9 clearly states that a true Christian will not live in continual sin. In response to the accusation that grace promotes sin, the apostle Paul declared, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1-2).

Eternal security is not a license to sin. Rather, it is the security of knowing that God’s love is guaranteed for those who trust in Christ. Knowing and understanding God’s tremendous gift of salvation accomplishes the opposite of giving a license to sin. How could anyone, knowing the price Jesus Christ paid for us, go on to live a life of sin (Romans 6:15-23)? How could anyone who understands God’s unconditional and guaranteed love for those who believe, take that love and throw it back in God’s face? Such a person is demonstrating not that eternal security has given him a license to sin, but rather that he or she has not truly experienced salvation through Jesus Christ. “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him” (1 John 3:6).
:amen:

3Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins;
Let them not rule over me;
Then I will be blameless,
And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.

14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 6:

6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.
To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again
and subjecting him to public disgrace."​

Hebrews 6 had to do with apostate Jewish believers in Jerusalem returning to the temple to offer blood sacrifices. To do so was to crucify Jesus afresh publicly and putting the meaning of the Cross to shame.

These Jewish believers were saved. They went apostate. That had experienced all the processes one experiences in becoming saved by means of the Spirit. Therefore they already knew what we needed to repent, and were refusing to listen. So, the maturing believers the book of Hebrews was addressing were told in essence to stop wasting their time trying to get them to repent. Telling them it would be impossible to do so at that point.

The fact that they were apostate and were returning to the animal sacrifices is shown in Paul's escapade with his return to Jerusalem. Paul got sucked into the apostate practices himself, which later Paul was severely disciplined for by God.

Acts 21:

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul:
“You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and
all of them are zealous for the law
."

24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses,
so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is
no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience
to the law."​

What Paul had to do was to suspend his belief in the efficacy of the blood of Jesus! For the purification rites he agreed to, required visiting the Temple for a given number of days, and on the last day offering an expensive blood sacrifice. It was expensive and involved a large animal like a calf. That was why Paul was told to pay their expenses.

As a result of the Jerusalem Church's apostasy, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. Because, too many Jewish believers were refusing their sin purification of sins by faith in the blood of Christ. They insisted upon resorting back to what they had been comfortable with before,. i.e.. being under the Law. Some people just like the feeling of being under the Law. They fail to transform into the spiritual knowledge needed to walk by the Spirit and not by the Law.

"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." Gal 5:18

The Law will attract carnal believers who are moral, who are unable to led of the Spirit because of a pride in what they perceive as their own goodness pleasing God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.
To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again
and subjecting him to public disgrace."​

Hebrews 6 had to do with apostate Jewish believers in Jerusalem returning to the temple to offer blood sacrifices. To do so was to crucify Jesus afresh publicly and putting the meaning of the Cross to shame.

These Jewish believers were saved. They went apostate. That had experienced all the processes one experiences in becoming saved by means of the Spirit. Therefore they already knew what we needed to repent, and were refusing to listen. So, the maturing believers the book of Hebrews was addressing were told in essence to stop wasting their time trying to get them to repent. Telling them it would be impossible to do so at that point.

The fact that they were apostate and were returning to the animal sacrifices is shown in Paul's escapade with his return to Jerusalem. Paul got sucked into the apostate practices himself, which later Paul was severely disciplined for by God.

Actually regardless of settings HEBREWS 6:4-8 demonstrates that a believer can depart the faith, return back to sin to become an "unbeliever.

HEBREWS 6:4-8 [4], For it is impossible for those WHO WERE ONCE ENLIGHTENED, and HAVE TASTED THE HEAVENLY GIFT, and WERE MADE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST, [5], And have TASTED THE GOOD WORD OF GOD, and THE POWERS OF THE WORLD TO COME,

Who are we talking about here; BELIEVERS or UNBELIEVERS? Were these BELIEVERS Born again christians? Notice the scripture context (Gods' Word not mine) as those who departed the faith were once "believers" not "unbelievers".

1. Having been enlightened v4;
2. Having tasted of the Heavenly gift v4;
3. Having been made partakers of the Holy Ghost v5;
4. Having tasted of the good Word of God v4;
5. Having tasted of the power of the world to come v5

[6], IF THEY (believers) SHALL FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh and put him to an open shame.

Yep, BELIEVERS having fallen away from the HEAVENLY gift back into sin..

[7], For the earth which drinks in the rain that comes oft on it, and brings forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receives blessing from God:
[8], But that which bears thorns and briers is rejected, and is near to cursing; WHOS END IS TO BE BURNED.

Yep their end is to be burned does not sound like they will be going into God's Kingdom not having any REPENTANCE for sin (v6). HEBREWS 6:4-8 is a warning to believers not to depart the faith

Same thoughts expressed further on in the book of HEBREWS again here...

HEBREWS 10:26-39 [26], FOR IF WE SIN WILLFULLY AFTER THAT WE RECEIVE A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, THERE REMAINS NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SINS, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.[28], He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29], OF HOW MUCH SORER PUNISHMENT, SUPPOSE YOU, SHALL HE BE THOUGHT WORTHY, WHO HAS TRODDEN UNDER FOOT THE SON OF GOD, AND HAS COUNTED THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT, WITH WHICH HE WAS SANCTIFIED, AN UNHOLY THING, AND HAS DONE DESPITE TO THE SPIRIT OF GRACE? [30], For we know him that has said, Vengeance belongs to me, I will recompense, said the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. [31], IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD. [32], But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great fight of afflictions; [33], Partly, whilst you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst you became companions of them that were so used. [34], For you had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that you have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. [35], Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompense of reward. [36], For you have need of patience, that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise. [37], For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.[38], NOW THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM. [39], But we are not of them who draw back to perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Yep seems like those who were once BELEIVERS but depart the faith and draw back to CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are God's Adversaries who will receive the judgments of God. Do you think these people will enter into God's Kingdom? Note the following from HEBREWS 10:26-39

1. For if "WE" (believers includes Paul) sin willfully after we receive a knowledge of the truth v26
2. God's sacrifice for sin does not cover us v26
3. If we continue in known unrepentant sin all that remains is a fearful looking forward to of judgement v27
4. This judgement shall devour and consume those who continue in sin v27
5. The believer that has now become an unbeliever and continues in sin is now God's adversary v27
6. Those who turn away from the truth of God's Word to sin become Gods' adversaries because they reject the gift of God's grace offerered by dear son v29
7. They are said to have trodden under food the son of God and counted the blood of the covenant an unholy thing v29
8. Those who depart the faith do dispite of the Spirit of God's grace v29
9. The warning of God's vengence is given v30
10. For those who depart the faith it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God v31
11 The just are those who live by faith (believing and following Gods' Word) v38
12 Once again continuing on the same thought as point 11 IF ANY MAN DRAWS BACK (departs the faith) Pauls soul has no pleasure in him.

All the warnings from HEBREWS 6:4-8 and HEBREWS 10:26-39 are to believers not to "depart the faith" and reject God's Word in order to return to a life of known unrepentant sin. Paul includes himself in these warnings. These are Gods' Word not mine.

Hope this is helpful :)

Upvote 0