garden66

Jan 3, 2007
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
I've been a Christian for only a little over a year now, and I wondered, is it possible for someone to really know Jesus if they don't experience suffering in their own lives first? I don't mean newborns who are born into loving Christian families, but grown adults who find Jesus later in life? What is your experience. Just wondering...:confused:

Reactions: MrFreshdew

Ruth~

Legend
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
✟67,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Welocometocf2.jpg

Upvote 0

UVsaturated

Dec 30, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
I've been a Christian for only a little over a year now, and I wondered, is it possible for someone to really know Jesus if they don't experience suffering in their own lives first? I don't mean newborns who are born into loving Christian families, but grown adults who find Jesus later in life? What is your experience. Just wondering...:confused:

It is entirely possible for people to know Jesus from any walks of life. Salvation is not an exclusive club where only people who had a bad day, week, or year are promising members. Although many of us come to Christ from being burdened with suffering, some come to Christ through a change of conscience, and some are destined from birth.

Any way one comes to have faith in Christ is not necessarily as important as the faith itself.

Nice to meet you and PM me anytime!

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
You are most welcome on CF. Be blessed by the opprayers and testimonies people will tell. See how great is the God we serve, and the Saviour He has provided. Although I was born to Christian parents, I chose to ask Jesus to control my life at the age of 7. All those who believe were born at some time during our life:D hopefully!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums