• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Can you imagine if the wall wasn't there:

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by yougottabekidding, Jan 13, 2019.

1. yougottabekidding

yougottabekidding Member

+109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    On New Year’s the Border Patrol agents arrived at roughly 2 a.m. The agents were met with a barrage of rocks from those attempting to illegally enter from Mexico, according to news reports from San Diego. Women and children were also in the crowd of illegal migrants and BP agents were concerned that they would be injured if the violence escalated, they said. A CBP helicopter helped disperse people in the crowd. San Diego local news agenciesreported Border Patrol agents deployed “less lethal chemical munitions (to include CS gas and inert smoke) in response to the assault.” However, some of the women and children were pushed over the main wall and into the concertina wire, the reports stated.
    Law Enforcement: San Diego Caravan Raises Concerns of More Border Violence - Sara A. Carter

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+4,390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I am all for a wall. Not to keep out people who are in legitimate need. Not to make asylum impossible. Not to keep out Latinos. But for the sake of safety, order, and sanity. It is a good idea. Legal immigration is awesome. And some people truly do qualify for refugee / asylum status. But what is going on at the border now hurts everyone, including would-be migrants. A wall is needed. I am all for it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Spiritlight

Spiritlight ✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰

+371
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    And Jesus would be there welcoming them, healing them, ministering to their needs and feeding them..

4. yougottabekidding

yougottabekidding Member

+109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    We are not Jesus (though we should be like him), and the US isn't a Christian nation. If we were Abortions would seldom if ever happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+4,706
    Non-Denom
    Single
    And would be able to deflect the rocks.

6. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+101,013
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Exactly.

In addition the living God does not embrace violent mobs throwing rocks, at the border/border patrol of the border they are attempting to criminally "storm" and/or trespass, violate, and force their way through/over.

God help us.

Praying.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  7. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
  8. Shiloh Raven

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I agree with you on that. America isn't a Christian nation and it never has been for that matter.

9. yougottabekidding

yougottabekidding Member

+109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    FOXNEWS is the number one rated cable news in the US, so I cannot find a better rated than first place.

It's kind of simple - either they stormed the border or they didn't.

But to placate you:

Border Patrol agents repel migrant caravan ‘violent mob’ with tear gas

As 2019 arrives, US fires tear gas across Mexico border to stop ‘violent mob’

Border Patrol agents fire tear gas into Mexico as migrants cross fence

In pictures: Tear gas fired at migrants in Mexico

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+7,924
    Anabaptist
    He did not deflect the stones at the time/day / of His crucifixion though.

He could have called for and immediately received instantly a legion (a thousand or thousands) of angelic host , one angel can wipe out hundreds of thousands of armed men in one night, maybe in a few minutes)

11. yeshuaslavejeff

+7,924
    Anabaptist
    Correct. And those practicing idolatry He says to them first "Repent" THEN Come into My Kingdom.... NOT the other way around...

12. yeshuaslavejeff

+7,924
    Anabaptist
    Why wasn't He in the country of origin helping them , ministering to them ?

13. Shiloh Raven

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Some actual credible sources that aren't Fox News, thank you.

And an FYI for you ... MSNBC ratings top Fox News for first time in 18 years

14. yougottabekidding

yougottabekidding Member

+109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    Ignoring the OP doesn't help your argument, nor does it bolster your position. If you have proof that the violence on the border did not happen, please link it.

It's referred to as staying on topic.

15. Shiloh Raven

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I never said it didn't happen. I just asked for a credible news source, which Fox News is not.

16. yougottabekidding

yougottabekidding Member

+109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Republican
    I gave you four more in post #9

17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+4,706
    Non-Denom
    Single
    No, but that's because His death (and later resurrection) was His purpose at the time. But if He were to be at our border in His present glory, He'd be able to deflect the rocks that would be thrown at Him while He was "welcoming them, healing them, ministering to their needs and feeding them" like Spiritlight was saying. Kind of hard to feed someone while getting smacked in the head with rocks. However, our border patrol agents have no powers to deflect rocks except using ballistic shields, and no way of making them stop except with tear gas and maybe the threat of other force.

18. Shiloh Raven

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Yes, you did and that's what I asked for in my very first post in your thread. The thing is, I take any news from Fox News with a grain of salt and I always fact check whatever news Fox News reports.

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+4,706
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Wait a minute! You were making out Fox to be so terrible, and now it turns out that MSNBC was worse than they were for 18 years, and are just now able to rise up over Fox? Does that really make MSNBC sound so great?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. yeshuaslavejeff

+7,924
    Anabaptist
    As noted already, no, He would not be there. Not welcoming them, unless they repented. This is clear from all Scripture.

If He were to speak to them, for their good, He would do that in their country of origin, their home town, home country.

Not participating in gross violations of human conduct, egress, and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List