Can you help me hockey skate better -we have a friendly game next week?

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You have skated on ice before, yes? If so, are you more comfortable on ice or on roller blades at this point?

Also, have you played hockey before, on one surface or the other? Have you stick handled on ice, and at least had the opportunity to practice dribbling, passing and shooting pucks, or will this be your first time for that as well?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im not from NOrht America my family friends and I have hired out the ice rink and most of us including me are playing our first hockey game. Any tips? would be great for improvement

I played hockey through high school. The skill of skating, takes time and a good deal of practice on the ice. There really are no short cuts here, because the muscles that need to be trained to fire to give you the balance and power to skate, need to be trained over time.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
yes i have skated on ice, im comfortable with ice skates. ive only played inline hockey on concrete s a kid. so first time dribbling etc on the ice.
OK. Whenever you practice skating, if you can, do so w/stick, gloves and a puck or a ball. You can also practice stick handling pretty effectively outdoors with a tennis ball. IOW, do everything you can to get some practice in, both on and off your skates, with a stick and puck (or ball). If you can get to a stick time on an ice surface to practice, definitely do that too!!

Also, if you want to score during your game, make your way to the front of the net as often as you can, right on top of the goalie (if you're a forward, that is ;)).

Upvote 0