CAN YOU HAVE GOD'S GRACE WITHOUT GOD'S LAW?

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you please share with us, how Jesus and His Apostles commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath under the new covenant?

JLB
They never commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath, as that was unique to the nation of Israel!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why did the early Church come together and start to worship on Sunday, as they were all strict Sabbath followers?
Why> They looked at the resurrection of Jesus as bring in New Covenant, and Sunday now as the day to worship the risen Lord!

Really? Where does it say that in God's Word? According to God's WORD the LORD'S DAY is the SABBATH not Sunday. God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They never commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath, as that was unique to the nation of Israel!

Really? Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolshed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

HEBREWS 4:9, So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Back to the OP

WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?

CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

God bless.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I agree.

There are others here who, insist that if a person doesn’t go to Church on Saturday they will be damned to hell.

• Prayers
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? Where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment is abolshed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

HEBREWS 4:9, So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Back to the OP

WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?

CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

God bless.

Maybe you could guide us to the scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath in a specific way, under the New Covenant?

JLB

• Prayers
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Please stop misquoting Hebrews 4:9.

Here is what Hebrews 4:9 says, with context.

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.

For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Hebrews 4:8-10

There is a future rest to come, and those who have entered it now by faith in Christ, will be partakers of it when He returns.

It’s the 7000th year from Adam and is the seventh prophetic day.

It’s the 1000 years we will reign with Him on earth in our glorified bodies, with no enemies on earth.

Wake up dude.

Stop twisting God’s word and adding to it.

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.

This verse certainly Doesn’t say to keep the weekly Sabbath by going to Church on Saturday.

LOL!!!!

JLB

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God CANNOT contradict Himself, as Horbidden gay marriage and abortion already!

There are condemnations for promiscuity and sex outside of marriage, but those are for straights and gays as the same. It has to do with keeping promises and commitments to loved ones.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you said i must follow mans law and if i follow the written code im damned. Why would you want me damned?

Following your heart is the only thing you will be judged on.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IF the law of the nation is against the law of God expressed in the scriptures, it is NOT of God, and must be resisted!

God's written code is obsolete, says scripture. Local government acts out the Father will as Jesus taught us during his crucifixion. We would have missed out on the crucifiction following your guidelines.

11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Following your heart is the only thing you will be judged on.
Thats not what you said before. Please dont talk to me any more. You dont answer questions, and you dont like the Lords commands either. You are not edifying and i want nothing to do with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's written code is obsolete, says scripture. Local government acts out the Father will as Jesus taught us during his crucifixion. We would have missed out on the crucifiction following your guidelines.

11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Should we follow local Government if they go against God's WORD? When Daniel was forbidded to pray by local Government was he obeying God or man? Also, when Daniel and his friends were told to bow down and worship the Golden statue of man by the local Government and did not do so and thrown into the firey furnace were they following God or man? What about Peter when they were prerimanded by the leaders of Israel not to preach JESUS and ignored these leaders where they following God or man?

What do you think the following scriptures mean?

ACTS 5:27-29
[27], And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
[28], Saying, Did not we straightly command you that you should not teach in this name? and, behold, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood on us.
[29], Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are condemnations for promiscuity and sex outside of marriage, but those are for straights and gays as the same. It has to do with keeping promises and commitments to loved ones.

Sodom and Gommorah probably thought the same as well. They are examples to us in these last days of those who practice these things.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we follow our heart we will be lost because it is desperately wicked.

The New Covenant is God's law written on our hearts.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And yet, as you say, it is still not a perfect system as we distort our intentions to benefit us and hurt others. If the New Covenant was perfect, we'd be perfect and not need Jesus. This is why we have the gift of Grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sodom and Gommorah probably thought the same as well. They are examples to us in these last days of those who practice these things.

Infidelity is the problem being described in those passages. And inhospitality. Gays also lived lives without carnality back then as well, but it was not a problem that ruined lives. Scripture is only talking about promiscuity as the problem.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The New Covenant is God's law written on our hearts.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And yet, as you say, it is still not a perfect system as we distort our intentions to benefit us and hurt others. If the New Covenant was perfect, we'd be perfect and not need Jesus. This is why we have the gift of Grace.

This is a referring to a new heart not the old one. This NEW heart loves and love is the fulfilling of God's LAW from the inside out.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Infidelity is the problem being described in those passages. And inhospitality. Gays also lived lives without carnality back then as well, but it was not a problem that ruined lives. Scripture is only talking about promiscuity as the problem.

Actually where does it say that in God's WORD. Nope it was homosexuality. Sodomy will keep all who practice it out of God's Kingdom.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you think the following scriptures mean?

ACTS 5:27-29
[27], And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
[28], Saying, Did not we straightly command you that you should not teach in this name? and, behold, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood on us.
[29], Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Peter is talking to a Priest and telling him he has no authority. I agree. Religious groups like the Sadducees have no authority over the general population.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually where does it say that in God's WORD. Nope it was homosexuality. Sodomy will keep all who practice it out of God's Kingdom.

The word you are using was recently invented. The term they were using had to do with having multiple partners, and not sexual orientation, as we use the term today. Most of the passages do explain the behavior that was the problem such as sleeping with both sexes, or leaving a spouse for another partner and even sleeping with both genders at once. All bad things. But choice of partner was not the crime they saw. Multiple partners outside of marriage was the crime they saw.

If you drop your focus on the one word, you'll see explanations of what the real problem was. Being gay was just a side issue that by itself, causes no damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0