CAN YOU HAVE GOD'S GRACE WITHOUT GOD'S LAW?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen. It is not written that they all will repent either - many are destined for destruction
"those who do such things deserve death"
While i hope that every sinner, even those who foolishly reject the Lord, will be saved, i still cannot justify sin. I would rather stand guilty before God, admitting my guilt, than to justify myself by throwing out His commands.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While i hope that every sinner, even those who foolishly reject the Lord, will be saved, i still cannot justify sin. I would rather stand guilty before God, admitting my guilt, than to justify myself by throwing out His commands.
You do what is right for you. Good job!
God only rewards that. Not what others tell you is right.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have stated my position already, now you just have to accept it.
Blessings

Hello Maria, your position is between you and God. I do not judge you. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. I only stated that your response in the previous post had nothing to do with what you were quoting from and also that you did not answer the question asked of you which was...

WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?

CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

If you do not wish to answer the questions just say so. I can understands why you would not want to answer these question for someone in your position.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Maria, your position is between you and God. I do not judge you. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. I only stated that your response in the previous post had nothing to do with what you were quoting from and also that you did not answer the question asked of you which was...

WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?

CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

If you do not wish to answer the questions just say so. I can understands why you would not want to answer these question for someone in your position.

God bless.
Round and round we go!
God bless you!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sadly man is not qualified to judge. What you think you SEE is of no importance. God sees the intentions of the heart which only God can judge.
Becasue your premise is wrong, what follows is as well.
Every one of God's People, every one little to big, young to old,
recognizes your sin, by God's Word and Spirit, as you rebel against the LIGHT, as you show no meager sense at all, as others often have noted today and in the last few weeks and years.
God reveals your sin , as God knows your sin. His Word is totally clear, exposing your sin and rebellion and lack of repentance.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
While i hope that every sinner, even those who foolishly reject the Lord, will be saved, i still cannot justify sin.
Yes, as God's Word says, woe to those who call iniquity righteousness, as posters today have done. (thankfully only a few of them).

If and when they perish, even if they never repent, God and God's People have sorrow at their death.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Round and round we go!
God bless you!
Like a play ground merry-go-round, without all being merry -
the 'mob' is permitted to 'play' daily, with almost no restrictions to their harming little children and the seekrs and the weak - we are not able to silence them in the posting of heresies and abominations, which everyone can read, from most places in the world, no matter how old they (those reading, often 'stumbling' over the heresies and false teachings) are !

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that following these words from Jesus:

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Jesus is speaking, then living out, even to his death
on the cross
, the Trueness of the message -

God has given local government full authority to
proclaim and act out the Fathers will.
That is what Jesus is saying.

Local Government is God's will.
On all your pet peeve topics too.

If you deny the morality of local government, you deny the Father.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3:1

1 Timothy 2:1-3
Psalm 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21

Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1:5-6
Romans 13:4
Proverbs 21:1 .
Romans 13:1-14
Luke 20:25

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”
IF the law of the nation is against the law of God expressed in the scriptures, it is NOT of God, and must be resisted!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm just going with what Jesus said, at His trial, before the crucifiction:
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above.

So the authority to crucify Jesus on the cross is handed over to local government by the Father and ratified by Jesus.

But Jesus has support for this radical teaching, just in case you think Jesus was insane at the time:

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3:1
1 Timothy 2:1-3
Psalm 22:28

Romans 13:7
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Proverbs 21:1
Mark 3:24
Genesis 50:20
Psalm 75:7
1 Corinthians 14:40
Romans 8:28

Romans 2:15

Supporting Local law

Matthew 26:52-54
Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”
God CANNOT contradict Himself, as Horbidden gay marriage and abortion already!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Could you share with all of us, how Jesus taught the Church to observe the Sabbath, under the New Covenant, from the scriptures?

Some of us don’t know how to do this, correctly.

JLB
We have to go into the Epistles for that, as the Saturday Sabbath was never put upon the Church!

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have to go into the Epistles for that, as the Saturday Sabbath was never put upon the Church!

It’s funny how the SDA folks are quick to. Claim condemnation upon all who do not keep the Sabbath, but when asked for some references or teaching from Christ or His Apostles as to how the Church is to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant, I get nothing.

The only thing I have received is Old Testament scriptures from the law, or Paul going to a synagogue on the sabbath to teach about Christ to unbelieving Jews.

JLB

• Prayers
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Which command are you referring to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Their sin like all sin was based on pride, what they wanted was more important than what God wanted. Knowledge of the law is not required for sin. When we do what we want to do even when we know in our hearts that it is wrong, we sin, no written law is required.

To have knowledge does not require writing. If one had no knowledge of the Law then one would not know guilt. If one knows in one's heart that a thing is wrong one has innate knowledge of the Law. If one had no knowledge of the Law, one would be unable to consider that a thing was wrong. God told Adam and Eve what the Law was for them in the garden. Do not eat of the Tree of Knowledge so they did n have knowledge of the Law that God gave them. I know of nowhere in the scripture where God proclaimed a person that was in reality ignorant of the Law to be guilty of sin. Ignoring the Law or falsely claiming to be ignorant and being in reality ignorant of the Law are not equivalent concepts.

• Winner
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It’s funny how the SDA folks are quick to. Claim condemnation upon all who do not keep the Sabbath, but when asked for some references or teaching from Christ or His Apostles as to how the Church is to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant, I get nothing.

The only thing I have received is Old Testament scriptures from the law, or Paul going to a synagogue on the sabbath to teach about Christ to unbelieving Jews.

JLB
Why did the early Church come together and start to worship on Sunday, as they were all strict Sabbath followers?
Why> They looked at the resurrection of Jesus as bring in New Covenant, and Sunday now as the day to worship the risen Lord!

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why did the early Church come together and start to worship on Sunday, as they were all strict Sabbath followers?
Why> They looked at the resurrection of Jesus as bring in New Covenant, and Sunday now as the day to worship the risen Lord!

I have no idea.

Please just provide the scriptures I asked you for.

Upvote 0