Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've already had the flu once a week after the Super Bowl was February 9th ... I still had what I thought was the flu March 2nd so I went to the VA clinic in Redding, California about 60 miles from my home here in Hayfork, California, but they couldn't test me yet (with no test kits) so they sent me home with some cough medicine.

I went two more weeks till I got better. I've only gone to the store twice and the post office once. I've stayed home (alone as I am a senior citizen 76 years old) born again for 34 years watching TV and living off Fedex deliveries from Walmart, plus my church providing food.

Now I am right back where I started another cold or touch of the flu, cough, blowing nose and taking cold meds.

No way to get tested in this little 2,200 population valley, but even if it was Covid-19 I have the same God if it was just the flu.

Can you get the flu twice in two months?

Thank you for interceding for me ... I love you all

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most likely, you were never completely recovered from the first bout and it came back on you. Or it could be seasonal allergies. But if your nose is running, that’s good. Covid-19 does not do that. I’ll see if I can get to a video a nurse friend sent yesterday to post.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It could also be different strain of flu virus. Also just because you have a running nose is not a guarantee you do not have Covid19.

Nothing preventing having multiple viruses at the same time though it is unlikely.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've already had the flu once a week after the Super Bowl was February 9th ... I still had what I thought was the flu March 2nd so I went to the VA clinic in Redding, California about 60 miles from my home here in Hayfork, California, but they couldn't test me yet (with no test kits) so they sent me home with some cough medicine.

I went two more weeks till I got better. I've only gone to the store twice and the post office once. I've stayed home (alone as I am a senior citizen 76 years old) born again for 34 years watching TV and living off Fedex deliveries from Walmart, plus my church providing food.

Now I am right back where I started another cold or touch of the flu, cough, blowing nose and taking cold meds.

No way to get tested in this little 2,200 population valley, but even if it was Covid-19 I have the same God if it was just the flu.

There are various flu strains in circulation. It's possible to pick up another one, but highly unlikely with your lifestyle. We will pray for you

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not the same strain, but there usually are 2 or 3 different strains circulating at any given time. So it could be a different strain.

Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Could be sinusitis and not the flu

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Once you have a particular strain of the flu, your body produces antibodies to it and you should be immune to it thereafter. This is how vaccination works, by inducing the body to produce the antibodies. The problem is that viruses are so small and replicate and mutate so often, there can be multiple flu strains floating around every year. It's been reported that there might already be 8 strains of COVID.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We're getting into allergy season too. Around here we are already in the mid range level of elm, maple and cedar. Not Every sneeze, cough, nose drip or chest tightness is flu or covid 19. Plus those both involve fever. If no fever breaks out you probably don't have those. Before you go to the doc or clinic again make a phone call first. There are guide lines for testing then they monitor you with phone calls, if fever shows up they set an appointment for testing sometimes at a drive through .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I will ... thank you. I've been told not to go to any hospital or you will get the virus

We're getting into allergy season too. Around here we are already in the mid range level of elm, maple and cedar. Every sneeze, cough, nose drip or chest tightness is flu or covid 19. Plus those both involve fever. If no fever breaks out you probably don't have those. Before you go to the doc or clinic again make a phone call first. There are guide lines for testing then they monitor you with phone calls, if fever shows up they set an appointment for testing sometimes at a drive through .

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I will ... thank you. I've been told not to go to any hospital or you will get the virus
Ya that's why they want you to call, not sure you would get it but the risk is higher than staying low profile at home.

And I corrected my last post, I meant NOT every cough etc etc is covid lol.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes of course you can. If your system is weak you can get reinfected by some viruses even through using the same tooth brush, or like a poster said your immune system could be weak and you never fully recovered, so get lots of rest, fluids and a good diet if you are able to eat. Also allergies and sinusitis can make your nose run. If you don't have a fever, you are probably okay from anything urgent..
Heavenly Father, please boost this one's immune system and restore them to full health, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Look at the COVID 19 symptoms on the CDC site. Big ones are shortness of breath, cough and fever. HOWEVER there are other symptoms which will tell a doctor if you may be in the early infection stage. Call the VA or a local doctor. Tell them EXACTLY how you feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes they will tell you where to go to get tested. Today I entered Houston for my monthly cancer checks. Since I don’t live in Houston I had two choices. Quarantine for two weeks or get the test. My oncologist insisted on the test so I can continue the trial study. I got the test and awaiting results. They said 48 hours but the nurse said they process the test on site and may only take 12 hours.

And yeah I had the test where you get to feel the inside of the eyeball. Lol it was fine. Less than two seconds of discomfort.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It could also be different strain of flu virus. Also just because you have a running nose is not a guarantee you do not have Covid19.

Nothing preventing having multiple viruses at the same time though it is unlikely.
Yes this is true. I’m on a phase 1 clinical trial for a new immunotherapy drug. One of the side effects has been a low grade fever and some GI irritation. Those two right there bought me a test today. I can see why. If I have COVID and enter the cancer center I could end up being the cause of a lot of people getting seriously ill.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0