What Happens When You Eat Pork After Not Eating It for Years?

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
As far as Peter, , most think that Acts 10 refers to a time that was at least 10 years after the resurrection. As Peter exclaimed, he had never eaten unclean in his life. If this law had been changed, then surely it would have been mentioned when Jesus appeared to the 11 and ate breakfast with them, this would have been the perfect opportunity, but he didn't because that would go against his teachings, that of the Father's.
:)

Now I would like to point out here the unability of Peter to control a situation, a vision, or encounter. he jumps to conclusions to quickly. This is shown several times in the gospels. G-d shows this for a special reason. In my mind.

Had i had this or a vision from G-d, I would be marching then asking, "where are we marching too". Im wondering at this point did he even RISE, which was the first words spoken from G-d.

He doubted on the water with Jesus. He doubts again in Acts.

His person comes into question.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jerushabelle,

you'll have to help me out here, I've looked through all my posts on this thread and didn't see anywhere that I said that Mainstream Messianics believe the dietary laws have been done away with. Many eat what is called Biblical Kosher, but clean meats nonetheless. NO pork for sure.

No need to apologize at all, you were just answering how you feel. :):kiss:

As a Jew, those who believe in Jesus and are in a Messianic way of life most likely keep Kosher. Gentiles in the movement choose to do so as well.

As far as Peter, , most think that Acts 10 refers to a time that was at least 10 years after the resurrection. As Peter exclaimed, he had never eaten unclean in his life. If this law had been changed, then surely it would have been mentioned when Jesus appeared to the 11 and ate breakfast with them, this would have been the perfect opportunity, but he didn't because that would go against his teachings, that of the Father's.

What is commonly pointed at to support this is where it is written (thus making all foods clean). Only something that was already deemed by the Creator to be clean can be clean. The subject in question there is a tradition of washing the hands before eating Kosher foods. :)

Thank you Lulav. I was referring to your post #23.

There is a large Messianic community in the city nearest us and a few in our little town. I have met and spent time in fellowship with some who observe the dietary laws and some who don't. I respect the choices of both. What is important to me is the fellowship both with them and with all here as well.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Lulav. I was referring to your post #23.

There is a large Messianic community in the city nearest us and a few in our little town. I have met and spent time in fellowship with some who observe the dietary laws and some who don't. I respect the choices of both. What is important to me is the fellowship both with them and with all here as well.

In my experience in the MJ communities I have visited it is largely a matter of conscience, with respect to Rom 14. I tend to think that most people are going towards Biblical kosher though.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Anisavta, to answer your question I'm just doing research for a book. I'm not looking to eat it anytime soon, ;)

Any kind of food with to much animal fat can make even a healthy person sick. If there is nothing wrong with the meat then there is no reason to get sick. The reason we are commanded not to eat certain meats is because of the health risk. Eating foods that we are commanded not to eat only makes a person ceremonially unclean. A person can cleans themselves through fasting. As with all things there is even danger in eating vegetables. A good choice is avoid eating risky foods.

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Any kind of food with to much animal fat can make even a healthy person sick. If there is nothing wrong with the meat then there is no reason to get sick. The reason we are commanded not to eat certain meats is because of the health risk. Eating foods that we are commanded not to eat only makes a person ceremonially unclean. A person can cleans themselves through fasting. As with all things there is even danger in eating vegetables. A good choice is avoid eating risky foods.

G-d said dont eat the fat thereof and stay away from those animals that eat not the cud. With a passage concerning specially pig. Noting ceremonial about it. Is that in your personal canon. not in mine.

Upvote 0

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Messianics do not believe in eating pork, therefore all those posting pro- pork eating in here are basically insulting us and knowingly doing so. Can these pro-pork posts be deleted so they don't have to be reported?

Thanks

:o
Quicky clarifying : I am convinced that MJ and believing Jews SHOULD observe the rules and its great testimny of obedience to God. Just wanted to make a short note on page 2, that in case of saving a life as food or medicine, pork and pig are consumable, even Orhtodox Jews agree. - So nobody tries to charge us with legalism.

Myself,a proud christian, also dont eat pork because its fattening and I dont want to end up with huge hindquarters.

Upvote 0