What Happens When You Eat Pork After Not Eating It for Years?

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You said the swine ran to the water to be cleansed? Were you referring to the swine or the evil spirits that were then in the swine and spoke to Jesus?

Full time apostolic?

As the scripture says, Demons spoke to Jesus, "send us to the swine". Demons where cast by Jesus into the swine. Swine didnt like the evil demons and wanted them out. So they ran to the water. To cleanse themselves but drowned.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
You said the swine ran to the water to be cleansed? Were you referring to the swine or the evil spirits that were then in the swine and spoke to Jesus?

Full time apostolic?

As the scripture says, Demons spoke to Jesus, "send us to the swine". Demons where cast by Jesus into the swine. Swine didnt like the evil demons and wanted them out. So they ran to the water. To cleanse themselves but drowned.

If the demons were cast into the swine by Jesus, didn't the demons then have control, and drove the swine into the water?

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If the demons were cast into the swine by Jesus, didn't the demons then have control, and drove the swine into the water?

No becasue as it says in the Bible demons (evil spirits) are like the fowls of the air. Therefore dominion belongs to the beast. The swine in this parable.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Full time apostolic?

The Demons should have hopped on over to this water instead :thumbsup: :D

John 5:1 After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep [Gate] a pool, which is called in Hebrew, Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, paralyzed, waiting for the moving of the water.
4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had.
5 Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years.
6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been [in that condition] a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?"

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

No becasue as it says in the Bible demons (evil spirits) are like the fowls of the air. Therefore dominion belongs to the beast. The swine in this parable.

Were they (evil spirits) in the swine? Didn't Jesus send them there? If so, were they not in control of the swine Jesus sent them to? Furthermore, were the swine clean before the evil spirits entered them?

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Were they (evil spirits) in the swine? Didn't Jesus send them there? If so, were they not in control of the swine Jesus sent them to? Furthermore, were the swine clean before the evil spirits entered them?

You have lost all sense of who is doing the speaking. Jesus

But you speak. Not Jesus. please

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

You have lost all sense of who is doing the speaking. Jesus

But you speak. Not Jesus. please

Respond to the question please. Thank you.

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

270199-albums3925-34103.jpg

While easy to get passionate about topics of our faith,
things are getting a bit too heated and disrespectful.

If you feel yourself getting frustrated,
please walk away from the computer and
pray.
Come back when you feel you can post more calmly.

Please keep your posts focused on the topic of discussion
and within the Statement of Faith for this forum,
and avoid making personal negative remarks.​
House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules).
In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship.
Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic and subject to staff action.

Alert staff to violations of this rule
by utilizing the report button.
MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: Nilla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

270199-albums3925-34103.jpg

While easy to get passionate about topics of our faith,
things are getting a bit too heated and disrespectful.

If you feel yourself getting frustrated,
please walk away from the computer and
pray.
Come back when you feel you can post more calmly.

Please keep your posts focused on the topic of discussion
and within the Statement of Faith for this forum,
and avoid making personal negative remarks.​
House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules).
In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship.
Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic and subject to staff action.

Alert staff to violations of this rule
by utilizing the report button.
MOD HAT OFF

Messianics do not believe in eating pork, therefore all those posting pro- pork eating in here are basically insulting us and knowingly doing so. Can these pro-pork posts be deleted so they don't have to be reported?

Thanks

Reactions: Jerushabelle
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Messianics do not believe in eating pork, therefore all those posting pro- pork eating in here are basically insulting us and knowingly doing so. Can these pro-pork posts be deleted so they don't have to be reported?

Thanks

The question is:

Can you get sick from eating pork if you've never eaten it before?

I was answering the question. Perhaps it should've been worded differently. I saw the question on the CB list. Didn't realize it was a Messianic Judaism forum. Just ignore my posts. I won't be back on here again.

Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

No the message is there. It just lacks the meat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The question is:

Can you get sick from eating pork if you've never eaten it before?

I was answering the question. Perhaps it should've been worded differently. I saw the question on the CB list. Didn't realize it was a Messianic Judaism forum. Just ignore my posts. I won't be back on here again.

Yea there are plenty of pork treads. go

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

Greetings!

Posts which violate the statement of faith of this forum,
are disruptive in nature or are flaming need to be reported.
Please use the report button located at the top right of the message box.
The mod staff will review and take appropriate action on each report.
When in doubt as to whether a post is in violation the board rules can be found here.

Thank you for your participation in the forums!

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

You stated, Lulav, that many mainstream Messianics believe the dietary laws have been done away with and many still keep them so I'm now thoroughly confused by this post. It certainly has not been my desire to insult anyone here but rather to share with people who believe as I tend to. Please accept my apologies.

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You stated, Lulav, that many mainstream Messianics believe the dietary laws have been done away with and many still keep them so I'm now thoroughly confused by this post. It certainly has not been my desire to insult anyone here but rather to share with people who believe as I tend to. Please accept my apologies.

Hi Jerushabelle,

you'll have to help me out here, I've looked through all my posts on this thread and didn't see anywhere that I said that Mainstream Messianics believe the dietary laws have been done away with. Many eat what is called Biblical Kosher, but clean meats nonetheless. NO pork for sure.

No need to apologize at all, you were just answering how you feel. :):kiss:

As a Jew, those who believe in Jesus and are in a Messianic way of life most likely keep Kosher. Gentiles in the movement choose to do so as well.

As far as Peter, , most think that Acts 10 refers to a time that was at least 10 years after the resurrection. As Peter exclaimed, he had never eaten unclean in his life. If this law had been changed, then surely it would have been mentioned when Jesus appeared to the 11 and ate breakfast with them, this would have been the perfect opportunity, but he didn't because that would go against his teachings, that of the Father's.

What is commonly pointed at to support this is where it is written (thus making all foods clean). Only something that was already deemed by the Creator to be clean can be clean. The subject in question there is a tradition of washing the hands before eating Kosher foods. :)

Upvote 0