What Happens When You Eat Pork After Not Eating It for Years?

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing research. I've been told, though I've never experienced this before as I do not eat pork, that you can get sick from eating it for the first time if you have never eaten it in your life. Is this true? Since, I don't want to test this theory out, I thought I might pose this question here and see if anyone knows the answer. Thanks! :hug:

I'm not sure what the circumstances would be, you would have to have parameters, such as is it home farmed? free-ranging, organic? Has it ingested hormones? anti-biotics? Has it been cooked with MSG?, has it been cooked properly?

There are many variables.

I don't know about Pork but I have heard that someone who tried an experiment went off regular meats for a month. Ate only organic, hormone free, meats. To conclude the experiment he threw a big Bar-B-Q, serving the best steaks (non-organic), He ate one bite and within minutes was running for the bathroom. :o

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No, there was no explicitly stated that we can start eating it, but the point can be made we are allowed to eat anything, as christians. Which is also a figure of speech - there is nothing in pork meat and esp fat, that one will miss if he sucessfully eliminates it from his diet

eating pork(shrimp) is pesmissible even by strictest rabbinical rules in lifesaving case,if nothing else is available, or as medicine

Insulin dependent diabetics have a pig to thank. Heart patients now and maybe all kinds of patients will have pig organs soon. Its great, i think. It makes one realise "Pig" is the Letter, "obedience" is the Spirit of the Law

What of Peter's vision as recorded in Acts 10? "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." Isn't that pretty explicit? Wasn't the Holy Spirit advising Peter that God had made what was unclean clean, in terms of food? Didn't Paul also state, "As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself" and that "All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble."? So this being the case for both Peter and Paul, why wouldn't pork be okay to eat now?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jerushabelle, Desert Rose lives by the mainstream understanding that the dietary laws were done away with. Many Messianics do not believe so and keep a kosher diet. This can be from 'biblical Kosher' to Rabbinical Kosher. :)

The vision of Peter did not have anything to do with food, but of gentiles. The animals in the 'sheet' represented the nations. If you are familiar with the book of Daniel you will see how different nations were represented by different animals, like the bear, goat, ram, etc.

Even today countries/nations are represented by animals, predominatly known is the eagle for the US, the Bear for Russia, the Lion for UK, etc. :)

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Jerushabelle, Desert Rose lives by the mainstream understanding that the dietary laws were done away with. Many Messianics do not believe so and keep a kosher diet. This can be from 'biblical Kosher' to Rabbinical Kosher. :)

The vision of Peter did not have anything to do with food, but of gentiles. The animals in the 'sheet' represented the nations. If you are familiar with the book of Daniel you will see how different nations were represented by different animals, like the bear, goat, ram, etc.

Even today countries/nations are represented by animals, predominatly known is the eagle for the US, the Bear for Russia, the Lion for UK, etc. :)

I guess I live by the same understanding that Desert Rose has. You don't think Peter's vision had to do with food as well as gentiles? "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them". How can it not have been about food as well as sharing the message of Y'shua with gentiles? What was the point of Scripture describing Peter's hungered state just before having the vision? "He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance."

And what is the difference between "biblical kosher" and "Rabbinical kosher"? Is Rabbinical kosher the same as the dietary laws the Pharisees added to G-d's kosher?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Biblical Kosher is defined by some as eating only the animals that are on the clean list. These animals don't have to have Rabbinic certification to certify that they were slaughtered properly. So you could eat chicken, lamb, beef, goat, girrafee even, anywhere, along with fish that have fins and scales. They usually don't check ingredients in processed foods.

Rabbinical makes sure that you don't get any traif or unclean ingredients in processed foods as well as slaughtered properly and processed cleanly. By this I mean you could buy something that is not even an animal product and still have it contaminated by an unclean animal. For instance aluminum foil or maple syrup. The machinery it is processed on could use lard for lubrication which can get into the syrup or on the foil.

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing research. I've been told, though I've never experienced this before as I do not eat pork, that you can get sick from eating it for the first time if you have never eaten it in your life. Is this true? Since, I don't want to test this theory out, I thought I might pose this question here and see if anyone knows the answer. Thanks! :hug:

Makes me sick just thinking about it......

Many say Jesus made all meats clean when he did not. He was a full to the brim law observer. When he made reference to meat in the unclean hands parable, he refered to all meats that are clean to eat. If a thing is unclean then it is not meat. Many scientist are getting the big picture of pork in their microscope.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Makes me sick just thinking about it......

Many say Jesus made all meats clean when he did not. He was a full to the brim law observer. When he made reference to meat in the unclean hands parable, he refered to all meats that are clean to eat. If a thing is unclean then it is not meat. Many scientist are getting the big picture of pork in their microscope.
I have been eating pork products for over 50 yrs and have never once got sick from it [knock on wood ehehe]
Tho I cannot remember the first time I had :sorry:

But like pork, we have always fully cooked chicken, as according to this post, they are filthy, nasty unclean birds.

[I do like my beef blood rare...must be a Texas thang :D]

Reve 18:2 and He cries-out in a strong voice saying "She falls She falls Babylon the great
and She became a habitation of demons and a prison/fulakh <5438> of every spirit unclean and a prison/fulakh <5438> of every bird unclean and hated

http://www.christianforums.com/t7405985/
Who Eats Chicken?

Just a few facts to get this thread rolling -

1. Chickens are filthy birds. It doesn't bother them at all to nestle into excrement-filled nests and lay eggs that are so covered with excrement that the chicks have a hard time pecking their way out.
2. Free-range chickens eat essentially anything they can peck. Their gizzards (stomachs for the rest of us) are filled with gravel which is used to grind up the hard bits of stuff they swallow.
3. Most chickens today are not free-range, but are raised in confinement and fed a strict diet to produce the desired outcome. For example, if people like good, yellow meat and fat, then they are fed yellow dye.
4. Chickens have a wide variety of breeds which have specific characteristics. A popular breed of chicken has no feathers (makes plucking them a dream come true) and has such an insatiable appetite that they frequently die, choking on their feed. They grow very quickly as a result and find their way onto the plates of hungry Americans.
5. Chickens peck each other to establish a "pecking order" in their society. This results in wounds to the birds sometimes so severe that they die. Roosters, in particular, are useful for fighting purposes because of this trait.
6, Chickens have been bred so that they lack any intelligence. They cannot fly, although some breeds do to limited degrees. They cannot forage for themselves or protect themselves from predators.

My question is - Why would anyone in their right mind want to eat chicken?

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have been eating pork products for over 50 yrs and have never once got sick from it [knock on wood ehehe]
Tho I cannot remember the first time I had :sorry:

But like pork, we have always fully cooked chicken, as according to this post, they are filthy, nasty unclean birds.

[I do like my beef blood rare...must be a Texas thang :D]

Reve 18:2 and He cries-out in a strong voice saying "She falls She falls Babylon the great
and She became a habitation of demons and a prison/fulakh <5438> of every spirit unclean and a prison/fulakh <5438> of every bird unclean and hated

http://www.christianforums.com/t7405985/
Who Eats Chicken?

The laws of clean and unclean do not tie to revelation. Chickens are filthy but not on the list if unclean. pork is. See the problem is we want what we want not what G-d wants. Peter the apostle wanted what peter wanted not what G-d wanted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As in the Bible, you should read it. But those that do, remember when Jesus filled the swine with evil spirits and they ran to the water to cleanse themselves but all drowned.
I used to post on Judaism forum [KosherJudaism] some years back where they discussed that. I call that event "the kamikaze swine" :D

I started studying it a little more and wondered why Jesus mentioned "2000" and started looking in the OT/OC for references to 2000 and found Numbers 35 interesting concerning the "Levites".

Mark 5:11 And there was there, near the mountains, a great herd of swine feeding, 12 and all the demons did call upon him, saying, `Send us to the swine, that into them we may enter;'
13 and immediately Jesus gave them leave, and having come forth, the unclean spirits did enter into the swine, and the herd did rush down the steep place to the sea--and they were about two thousand--and they were choked in the sea.

Numbers 35:1 And Jehovah speaketh unto Moses, in the plains of Moab, by Jordan, [near] Jericho, saying,
2 `Command the sons of Israel, and they have given to the Levites of the inheritance of their possession cities to inhabit; also a suburb for the cities round about them ye do give to the Levites.
3 And the cities have been to them to inhabit, and their suburbs are for their cattle, and for their goods, and for all their beasts.
4 And common land of the cities which ye shall give to the Levites from side-wall of the city and outside-ward thousand of cubit round about.
5 And ye measure from outside of to city edge of eastward two-thousands in cubit and edge of Negev two-thousands in cubit and edge of sea two-thousands in cubit and edge of north two-thousands of cubit. And the City in midst, this shall be to them common lands of the city

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
Okie dokie

There are oodles of threads on CF on the topic of "pork"

As in the Bible, you should read it. But those that do, remember when Jesus filled the swine with evil spirits and they ran to the water to cleanse themselves but all drowned.

What ran to the water (pigs or evil spirits)? And whatever it was ran to the water to be "cleansed"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
What ran to the water (pigs or evil spirits)? And whatever it was ran to the water to be "cleansed"?

The swine ran to the water to cleanse the evil spirits out of them.

What is written about why the pigs ran to the water?

Upvote 0

SwPoIrRdIsT

Nov 2, 2011
✟399.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
What is written about why the pigs ran to the water?

And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Sure you have something so spite it out.

Why did they run to water in the first place?

Upvote 0