What Happens When You Eat Pork After Not Eating It for Years?

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm doing research. I've been told, though I've never experienced this before as I do not eat pork, that you can get sick from eating it for the first time if you have never eaten it in your life. Is this true? Since, I don't want to test this theory out, I thought I might pose this question here and see if anyone knows the answer. Thanks! :hug:

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...well I've been told that if you've never eaten it before you will get sick.

Pork is just meat, though it is unclean biblically. Unless a person has a food allergy to it, they should not get sick from it. Say you change from beef bologna to pork bologna. You may not even be able to tell the difference between them.

If they are unused to eating much fat, and the pork (ham for example) is particularly fatty, that could possibly cause some stomach upset. That would hold true for any fatty meat though.

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Huh. Okay. Well it's just a friend of mine who's daughter went to a friend's house, was accidentally served pork and she had a reaction to it. And her daughter had never eaten it before. So, I was wondering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh. Okay. Well it's just a friend of mine who's daughter went to a friend's house, was accidentally served pork and she had a reaction to it. And her daughter had never eaten it before. So, I was wondering.

Unless all she ate was plain pork and nothing else she can't know it was the pork.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm...well I've been told that if you've never eaten it before you will get sick.

I don't think that logically stands true, otherwise, every person who eats pork for the first time would get sick. Having said that, I know that religious conditioning can have serious psychosomatic reactions to all kinds of things considered evil, sinful or whatever. People have committed suicide as a result of religious conditioning.

I snuck a ham sandwich once. It had butter, to compound the wrath of God and neighbor against my 11 year old soul. It was ok. It digested and everything. No lightning bolt from Heaven either. I didn't get sick, but the guilt trip I felt took decades (no exaggeration) to wear off. Forced religion using guilt and rejection mind-games can do bad things to young people.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I snuck a ham sandwich once. It had butter, to compound the wrath of God and neighbor against my 11 year old soul. It was ok. It digested and everything. No lightning bolt from Heaven either. I didn't get sick, but the guilt trip I felt took decades (no exaggeration) to wear off. Forced religion using guilt and rejection mind-games can do bad things to young people.
oh yea, that reminds me of me and my oldest daughter. Both of us, in separate incidents, digested pork unknowingly. I ate something, can't remember what it was specifically. But, I thought..MAN that was gooood...and then my wife looks at the ingredients as she always does (God bless her), and said, with a smile.... it has pork! I thought, no wonder it taste so goood! sigh.

The same thing happened to my oldest daughter too. She and her sister are always too eager to eat anything that is offered in the food store (samples). So one day she ran over to a table of meat on a pick without us looking and scarfed it up. As we walked back by the stand we saw it was pork. She loved it. But thank God she is not overly traumatized by having eaten it, as we are not that condemning with our family about this type of thing.

Do we go out of our way to eat pork, no. Does God condemn us because we do by mistake, heavens no. Now, if I went out of my way to eat pork because I wanted to do what God said not to, THEN I think my heart would condemn me.

Does pork make you sick if you've never eaten it...probably no more than a good rib eye.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh yea, that reminds me of me and my oldest daughter. Both of us, in separate incidents, digested pork unknowingly. I ate something, can't remember what it was specifically. But, I thought..MAN that was gooood...and then my wife looks at the ingredients as she always does (God bless her), and said, with a smile.... it has pork! I thought, no wonder it taste so goood! sigh.

The same thing happened to my oldest daughter too. She and her sister are always too eager to eat anything that is offered in the food store (samples). So one day she ran over to a table of meat on a pick without us looking and scarfed it up. As we walked back by the stand we saw it was pork. She loved it. But thank God she is not overly traumatized by having eaten it, as we are not that condemning with our family about this type of thing.

Do we go out of our way to eat pork, no. Does God condemn us because we do by mistake, heavens no. Now, if I went out of my way to eat pork because I wanted to do what God said not to, THEN I think my heart would condemn me.

Does pork make you sick if you've never eaten it...probably no more than a good rib eye.

I wish my family were more easy going on this. Typical of some, some of my folks freak out over kosher but read the horoscope in the paper. The thing is that the kind of pressure I was under led me to hide things from my parents and stop opening up to them. I still haven't told them about the ham sandwich but I can remember the day I ate it like it was yesterday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know a middleage couple, intelligent haredim, that were so devoted, as popular israeli joke has it, not only they had 2 kitchens, they had 2 toilets, for dairy and for meat products

wife had a heart disease , so lifesaving surgery involved pig heart, or valves, i am not a medic, I am bad with that terminology. Perfectly fine, part of pikuah nefesh, however, living with the fact she is part pig made her a little humbler Now there are reports about grow ,possibly, human organs
Pigs could grow human organs in stem cell breakthrough - Telegraph
because a pig is so close to a human anatomically and in other ways ( duh! :D. tell me what i dont know)

I might be the only immature person here on this subject , but I see great God's irony in all this story. There will be a lot of kosher "human, part pig"s in synagogues ....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desert Rose

Sep 1, 2009
✟9,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay. I have a question, but maybe it's not for this thread. It was mentioned here in this thread, however, that pork is Biblically unclean. Wasn't that changed by G-d or am I opening a can of spam with this question?

No, there was no explicitly stated that we can start eating it, but the point can be made we are allowed to eat anything, as christians. Which is also a figure of speech - there is nothing in pork meat and esp fat, that one will miss if he sucessfully eliminates it from his diet

eating pork(shrimp) is pesmissible even by strictest rabbinical rules in lifesaving case,if nothing else is available, or as medicine

Insulin dependent diabetics have a pig to thank. Heart patients now and maybe all kinds of patients will have pig organs soon. Its great, i think. It makes one realise "Pig" is the Letter, "obedience" is the Spirit of the Law

Upvote 0