Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No, I’m not denying the existence of the church that would be ridiculous.

That's pretty much what I said in my last post, right?

I said a lot of different things in my posts. I am saying that the first century church was never perfect and that the church as it exists today will never be exactly like the first century church.

While we can agree that Christians share a significant spiritual bond, do you think this “invisible” union is all Jesus had in mind when he spoke of his church?

I suggest that you study the parable of the Tares because it gives a perfect metaphor for what is happening in the church.

I will, but will seek a different source other than "Wikipedia." I just don't put much confidence in it.

Take Care Friend!

Thank you, and have a Blessed Day!

Off to Mass I go! :)

Upvote 0

Love First

Houston We Have A Problem
May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
While we can agree that Christians share a significant spiritual bond, do you think this “invisible” union is all Jesus had in mind when he spoke of his church?

No, the Church is a complicated machine. It is both the body and bride of Christ.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’d probably say that it’s both visible and invisible.
Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city seated on a mountain cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but upon a candlestick, that it may shine to all that are in the house.
5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

One of the marks of the Church is that she is Visible

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city seated on a mountain cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but upon a candlestick, that it may shine to all that are in the house.
5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

One of the marks of the Church is that she is Visible

Luke 17:20-21
King James Version

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
King James Version

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
if you could quote us something that says the Church is invisible, it would be helpful.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
if you could quote us something that says the Church is invisible, it would be helpful.

I said it’s both visible and invisible because when you say “Church” you’re talking about something that is not only physical but also is spiritual.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I said it’s both visible and invisible because when you say “Church” you’re talking about something that is not only physical but also is spiritual.
of course it is physical and spiritual. Invisible? Nope, unless you can prove otherwise.

Upvote 0

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I’d probably say that it’s both visible and invisible.

A lot of Protestants and non denominationals within this forum would disagree with you, especially the church being visible part. I am surprised none have disagreed with you yet.

Do you agree that the Church of the New Testament is the true Church—the one divinely founded, ordered, and guided by Christ?

Have a Blessed Day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

That's right. And it's standard Protestant theology to speak of the "visible church" as referring to organized, local congregations which conduct worship services, preach the Gospel, and etc., AS COMPARED WITH the "invisible church," a term that refers to the spiritual unity of all true disciples of Christ wherever they may be and irrespective of which Christian church bodies they are affiliated with.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,694.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking about the "true Church,"........ i.e., the one started by Christ and founded upon the Apostles.

Jesus did say he was going to build his Church, didn’t he....... (Matt. 16:18)?

Isn’t “the church” spoken of often in Scripture ( Eph.3:10, 5:21–32; Col.1:24; 1 Tim 2: 15)?

Your thoughts?

Have a Blessed day
I found it, so I guess the answer is yes.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found it, so I guess the answer is yes.
I find this answer much more respectable than
right. And it's standard Protestant theology to speak of the "visible church" as referring to organized, local congregations which conduct worship services, preach the Gospel, and etc., AS COMPARED WITH the "invisible church," a term that refers to the spiritual unity of all true disciples of Christ wherever they may be and irrespective of which Christian church bodies they are affiliated with.
So, we have 2 faith that claim to be the one true Church. Funny how none of the mainline protestants are confident enough to make the claim.

Bravo to your faith.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So, we have 2 faith that claim to be the one true Church. Funny how none of the mainline protestants are confident enough to make the claim.

Bravo to your faith.

On the contrary, they all claim to belong to the only true church. If this is unclear, take another look at the explanation of what is referred to as "the invisible church" in my earlier post.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On the contrary, they all claim to belong to the only true church. If this is unclear, take another look at the explanation of what is referred to as "the invisible church" in my earlier post.
your earlier post repeats fairytales. I'm looking for bold claims. Many come up short.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A lot of Protestants and non denominationals within this forum would disagree with you, especially the church being visible part. I am surprised none have disagreed with you yet.

Do you agree that the Church of the New Testament is the true Church—the one divinely founded, ordered, and guided by Christ?

Have a Blessed Day!

The true Church is composed of the true believers in Yeshua and is small in number. As Yeshua said the road is narrow and few find it. He also called his flock “little”. The rest are the Tares who are bound to be burned. Most likely the true church is only composed of the members of YHWH’s Holy Remnant. I would estimate that there are less than 10,000 members of the true church on the planet at any one given time but I’m really not sure. Ultimately YHWH will be the judge and decide who is saved.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
of course it is physical and spiritual. Invisible? Nope, unless you can prove otherwise.

The kingdom of God consists of the rule and reign of YHWH in the hearts of true believers that are filled with love. That is invisible. Would you disagree?

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟271,879.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The kingdom of God consists of the rule and reign of YHWH in the hearts of true believers that are filled with love. That is invisible. Would you disagree?
you are free to believe what you want and no one will criticize you for it. However, I'm looking for where Jesus said that the Church is invisible. Or, anywhere in scripture that says the Church is invisible.

Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
you are free to believe what you want and no one will criticize you for it. However, I'm looking for where Jesus said that the Church is invisible. Or, anywhere in scripture that says the Church is invisible.

And I already showed you.

• Agree
Reactions: Placemat
Upvote 0

Love First

May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single