Can You Believe TAW Exists, And Still Be An Orthodox Christian?

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I certainly hope so. TAW had a lot to do with me BECOMING an Orthodox Christian. I honestly am not sure if I would be today if it wasn't for you all. Though I can't imagine what else I might have become. I could have taken a path of less resistance though, or not have had the resources to learn enough to realize certain truths.

Sometimes I wonder if a moratorium on certain topics wouldn't be a good idea, but I certainly can't dictate anyone else's actions, nor am I even sure it would be good. I just hope we can hold it together ...

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I certainly hope so. TAW had a lot to do with me BECOMING an Orthodox Christian. I honestly am not sure if I would be today if it wasn't for you all. Though I can't imagine what else I might have become. I could have taken a path of less resistance though, or not have had the resources to learn enough to realize certain truths.

Sometimes I wonder if a moratorium on certain topics wouldn't be a good idea, but I certainly can't dictate anyone else's actions, nor am I even sure it would be good. I just hope we can hold it together ...
On a more serious note, I echo exactly what you said here. TAW was my one connection to real-life Orthodox Christians for five years after my first encounter with my Orthodox professor, up to the time I got up the courage to step into an Orthodox Church. Incidentally, it was through TAW that an Orthodox Christian from my parish (unknown to us both - she is my professor's wife) who invited me to my first Vespers service.

TAW is a great place, and a great ministry to others. I believe I would have gotten to Orthodoxy at some point - but it likely would have taken much more time, and I likely would have become Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic, etc. prior to finding out what Orthodoxy really is. Perhaps we could move certain topics to St. Justin's, even if it is between Orthodox Christians?

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On a more serious note, I echo exactly what you said here. TAW was my one connection to real-life Orthodox Christians for five years after my first encounter with my Orthodox professor, up to the time I got up the courage to step into an Orthodox Church. Incidentally, it was through TAW that an Orthodox Christian from my parish (unknown to us both - she is my professor's wife) who invited me to my first Vespers service.

TAW is a great place, and a great ministry to others. I believe I would have gotten to Orthodoxy at some point - but it likely would have taken much more time, and I likely would have become Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic, etc. prior to finding out what Orthodoxy really is. Perhaps we could move certain topics to St. Justin's, even if it is between Orthodox Christians?
I too wanted to ask. Now that know, I really like this title "The Ancient Way " .

Peaceful ,true and eternal .

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums